Philips says he knows the team, and there will be changes

Frozen700

Reaction score
What changes do you guys think HE will make, not what you want, but think he might do?

I Hope he deals with Roy and Akin on D

But obviously most of what you people say on here is close to dead on, so i'd like to hear what you guys think

jesusphreak

Reaction score
That's actually exciting to hear. Parcells basically is using Parcells guys, some of whom are good players (Ware, Romo, etc), and others are only average.

If Wade has an entire year of FA and several draft picks to shape the team (specifically the defense) into what he likes, it would be interesting to see what could happen.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
we trade for Ed Reed and put him at FS and move Hamlin to SS...might as well start day dreaming

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that changes are coming. Nothing worse than keeping the exact same cast of characters leading to the same results.

Frozen700

Reaction score
the kid 05;1905565 said:
we trade for Ed Reed and put him at FS and move Hamlin to SS...might as well start day dreaming

:lmao:...so true

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
I think people are prematurely writing off Wade Phillips. Let's see what he can bring having a full offseason and now knowing where the weaknesses are. To be honest, I was more afraid of the offseason last year.

jesusphreak

Reaction score
utrunner07;1905578 said:
I think a new Defensive Coordinator is a must

I doubt that will happen. Brian Stewart is Wade's guy. But I agree with the sentiment. What exactly did Stewart do this year other than say that this should be the best defense in the NFL at the beginning of the season?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Probably and upgrade at the #3 CB spot and maybe Henry gone as well. Outside of Newman I don't think Wade feels all that comfortable with rest of the CB's and he's been that way since training camp. I could see Ayodele gone. Upgrade on special teams coverage and another receiver.

I'd personally love to see them go after Lance Briggs. It's not exactly a necessity, but it would be a major upgrade at the ILB spot and he's a guy that can play 3 downs. Not sure if Dallas would do it.

YAKUZA

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Clove;1905567 said:
I'm glad to hear that changes are coming. Nothing worse than keeping the exact same cast of characters leading to the same results.

Agreed.

Any yet... we were so close to winning the last 2 playoff games anyways.... man I tell ya.

I definitely think that Wade doesnt like more than one player on defense.

I hope we atleast get a CB out of one of our 1st round picks.

If Jerry dumps them for McFadden I will go nuts.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1905582 said:
I'd personally love to see them go after Lance Briggs. It's not exactly a necessity, but it would be a major upgrade at the ILB spot and he's a guy that can play 3 downs. Not sure if Dallas would do it
That would be interesting. He'd sure be expensive, though. And he probably wouldn't want to come to a 3-4.

utrunner07

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1905581 said:
I doubt that will happen. Brian Stewart is Wade's guy. But I agree with the sentiment. What exactly did Stewart do this year other than say that this should be the best defense in the NFL at the beginning of the season?

agreed

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

We improved are sacks and pressure greatly. Also improved yards per pass attempt allowed and QB rating allowed by a significant margin. Got best years of the careers of Ware, Ellis, James, Canty, Ratliff, and Spears. There's other things too and I'm not sure whose exactly responsible (Wade or Stewart), but to act like the defense didn't improve or that Wade/Stewart didn't do anything for the defense is just overlooking the facts.

YAKUZA

Frozen700

Reaction score

:lmao:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I think he will try to fix the secondary to where he can line them up man to man and use his blitz packages. This year he wasn't able to do that because of the early injuries to Newman and Henry, and the lack of ability of Roy and Reeves.

I also think we will have at least one new WR and obviously a RB as well. I hope we don't use another draft pick on a DE/OLB.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
theogt;1905592 said:
That would be interesting. He'd sure be expensive, though. And he probably wouldn't want to come to a 3-4.

He's got the size to play the ILB spot in the 3-4. Wade's 1 gap system gives Dallas more flexibility since you don't need to be a huge ILB to play the 2 gap scheme that Parcells/Zimmer had here. The same thing goes for NT as both Ratliff and Tank played well there despite being undersized because they didn't have to worry about occupying 2 gaps and could just shoot 1 gap.

YAKUZA

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1905594 said:
We improved are sacks and pressure greatly. Also improved yards per pass attempt allowed and QB rating allowed by a significant margin. Got best years of the careers of Ware, Ellis, James, Canty, Ratliff, and Spears. There's other things too and I'm not sure whose exactly responsible (Wade or Stewart), but to act like the defense didn't improve or that Wade/Stewart didn't do anything for the defense is just overlooking the facts.

YAKUZA

I agree that the defense was better this year, I'm just not sure what part of that is Stewart and what part of that is Wade. I suspect it is mostly Wade's scheme being in place.

davender51

Reaction score
YoMick;1905586 said:
Agreed.

I hope we atleast get a CB out of one of our 1st round picks.

If Jerry dumps them for McFadden I will go nuts.

AGREED NO NEED TO SPEND EITHER FIRST ROUNDER ON A RB, ADDRESS THE SECONDARY AND MAYBE USE THE OTHER FOR SOME MORE BEEF EITHER AT TACKLE OR A WR. EITHER WAY WE GOT A STUD RB JUST NEED A SPEED GUY TO COMPLIMENT HIM I THINK. AND I ALSO HOPE JJ ONLY HAS TO GIVE MBIII A THREE YEAR DEAL TO KEEP A STAR ON HIS HELMET.