Philips says he knows the team, and there will be changes

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boysboy;1905740 said:
Of course, CBs lose their speed when they get older. However-they NEVER lose their ball-hawking instincts(assuming they have this, which some CBs don't).

As we all know, Henry may be slow in molasses, but he IS a ball-hawk. He SHOULD make a decent FS. But my concern is whether he can stay healthy or not.
Won't hurt to try it in minicamp at least. And if he gets hurt, well, we'll have to rely on Watkins/Hamlin. I'd rather have Watkins on the field than Reeves, that's for sure.

Nexx

Reaction score
TheSport78;1905675 said:
I agree with you man. I wouldn't be disappointed with Watkins at FS and Hamlin at SS b/c we can't have all-stars at every position. I agree Roy needs to go. Crayton may be the best #3 WR in the league. We need a speedy deep threat to compliment T.O. which will allow Owens to do what he does best, which is run those short and intermediate crossing routes and turn them into HUGE plays. I think Chad Johnson would be the perfect compliment to T.O.

are you nuts? crayton might not be 3rd best wideout on our team. :lmao2::lmao:

PoetTree

Reaction score
Boysboy;1905740 said:
As we all know, Henry may be slow in molasses, but he IS a ball-hawk. He SHOULD make a decent FS. But my concern is whether he can stay healthy or not.

Actually, I've been saying that we should move Henry to free safety for a few years now; and not because I think he's a bad corner. Hell, without the high-ankle sprain, he probably goes to the pro-bowl this year at that position.

But see, the thing is, I think he'd make an even better safety. Well, and we have some proof of it. Because free safety is exactly what he played his rookie season, in which he led the league with 10 interceptions (the same number Cromartie had this year).

Henry is a ball-hawk with average speed who's best when the play is in front of him. He only really ever gets into trouble when he has to turn & run with someone, or when he's out-of-position because he's got to give them too much cushion because he can't run with them.

At free safety, though, it negates his weaknesses and accentuates his positives. He's a solid tackler, good against the run. He's most effective when the play is in front of him, which it almost always would be at free safety. He's got great recognition skills, breaks well on the ball and knows how to make a pick.

In my mind, we've been sitting on one of the top free safeties in the league for years. I know we've had a bigger need at corner, and that we gave him cornerback money originally. But in my mind, free safety is the ideal spot for him.

I think his rookie season, where he was absolutely stellar at free safety (and merely very solid, at best, on the corner ever since), validates this. And with, in my opinion, the imminent departure of Roy Williams, I think the perfect solution is to move Hamlin to strong safety -- where he'd look more like Darren Woodson (a safety who can hit and cover the receiver) than Roy ever has; and then switch Henry to free safety, where he can play at a high level for several more years.

Get 'er done!

:cool:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nexx;1905745 said:
are you nuts? crayton might not be 3rd best wideout on our team. :lmao2::lmao:

Probably because as already stated, hes the #3. No one said he was top 3 overall in the league, just that he was one of the top #3 guys.

I'd tend to agree. Top 3. Not many #3 receivers out there who are better.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1905761 said:
Probably because as already stated, hes the #3. No one said he was top 3 overall in the league, just that he was one of the top #3 guys.

I'd tend to agree. Top 3. Not many #3 receivers out there who are better.

Crayton may be a knucklehead, but I still stand in support of him, thick and thin.

satam55

Reaction score
Scrap the 3-4 and move back to a 4-3. Wade needs to be fired on the spot. Jerry needs to bring in Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher, Mike Ditka, or etc.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
VCDefector;1905575 said:
I think people are prematurely writing off Wade Phillips. Let's see what he can bring having a full offseason and now knowing where the weaknesses are. To be honest, I was more afraid of the offseason last year.

I've seen enough of what Wade 'can do.'

Kilyin

Reaction score
eduncan22;1905777 said:
I've seen enough of what Wade 'can do.'

Like cutting Aaron Glenn and starting Jacque Reeves all year?

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin;1905784 said:
Like cutting Aaron Glenn and starting Jacque Reeves all year?

Reeves didn't cost Dallas any games this year.

I've got a really nice video of the 1st Giants TD.

Would you like to see it? :cool:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
T.O81;1905717 said:
It's funny how alot of you think ROy is not gonna be here next season..LOL plain N simple the guy is going nowere , book it..

True, but ONLY because of his contract.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
eduncan22;1905846 said:
Reeves didn't cost Dallas any games this year.

I've got a really nice video of the 1st Giants TD.

Would you like to see it? :cool:

Do you have a really nice video of the entire final :45 of the half?

Reeves sux :cool:

montgod

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1905554 said:
What changes do you guys think HE will make, not what you want, but think he might do?

I Hope he deals with Roy and Akin on D

But obviously most of what you people say on here is close to dead on, so i'd like to hear what you guys think

Funny... why didn't he KNOW that his team was not performing coming up to the playoffs and implement some type of change besides... relax... we are 13-3?? :mad:

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1905894 said:
Do you have a really nice video of the entire final :45 of the half?

Reeves sux :cool:

Reeves didn't allow any TD's in the game.

Our other corner did....

Frozen700

Reaction score
wastedfluid;1905666 said:
Amen brother.

We need to re-sign Hamlin, move him to SS. Grab us a GOOD FS. Possibly draft a #1 corner, move Henry to FS, draft WR with the other #1 - and another CB with the #2. I don't care. Our secondary needs to be addressed. Roy needs to go. No more defending him. If you have to defend a player for three straight seasons, it's time he goes.

Whatever we do, I hope we get another corner that can actually play ... so we can run some man, or some press. Additionally, we NEED another WR. Injuries happen, and are more frequent with age. We need to be prepared. No more Crayton starting #2 for an entire year. Let him be the slot guy.

yea i agree....

but i just think Henry would Make a great FS...for at least 4-5 years

sacase

Reaction score
eduncan22;1905915 said:

Our other corner did....

No reeves was responsible for giving up 67 yards in :45. Its sad when teams go from targeting Roy Williams to Reeves. Reeves you are the weakest link.....Goodbye

cast.jpg

Frozen700

Reaction score
sacase;1905945 said:
No reeves was responsible for giving up 67 yards in :45. Its sad when teams go from targeting Roy Williams to Reeves. Reeves you are the weakest link.....Goodbye

cast.jpg

:laugh2:

you know that is a great point...they said forget Roy, and went straight 4 reeves...wow

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I think we need an better option at 3rd Cornerback and a young Wide Receiver to fill the role of #2, but has the ability to take over at the #1 spot in the future.

As it stands, this team is already good enough talent-wise to at least get to the Super Bowl and good enough to actually win it.

Besides Cornerback, Wide Reveiver and maybe Safety, I think more time needs to be spent investigating what is going on mentally with this team and the Coaching Staff in December.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't finish the season strong, every year it will be back to the drawing board.

Frozen700

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1905974 said:
I think we need an better option at 3rd Cornerback and a young Wide Receiver to fill the role of #2, but has the ability to take over at the #1 spot in the future.

As it stands, this team is already good enough talent-wise to at least get to the Super Bowl and good enough to actually win it.

Besides Cornerback, Wide Reveiver and maybe Safety, I think more time needs to be spent investigating what is going on mentally with this team and the Coaching Staff in December.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't finish the season strong, every year it will be back to the drawing board.

you know as some people said, we need another WR, Crayton will not cut it anymore as number 2, RW from the Lions or Larry Fitzgerald, wow linning up with Owens, im sorry but that will be more dangerous then a Glenn combo

and we need to put fear into D coordinators eyes, the Pats went all out, just to try and get a SB this year, and im Sure Jerry has way more Money then, Billicheat, I say we stack this team just for the hell of trying to make a legit SB run, to be honest we did not stand a chance in Hell, vs NE this year

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
eduncan22;1905915 said:

Our other corner did....

Yeah, he only allowed the Giants to get inside the 5 in less than :40.

What a stud.

montgod

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1905990 said:
you know as some people said, we need another WR, Crayton will not cut it anymore as number 2, RW from the Lions or Larry Fitzgerald, wow linning up with Owens, im sorry but that will be more dangerous then a Glenn combo

and we need to put fear into D coordinators eyes, the Pats went all out, just to try and get a SB this year, and im Sure Jerry has way more Money then, Billicheat, I say we stack this team just for the hell of trying to make a legit SB run, to be honest we did not stand a chance in Hell, vs NE this year

I agree that Crayton should be more of a #3 wr, but I don't see Roy Williams or Fitz coming here. I would think you would need a burner on the other side of TO and I am not sure Roy Williams fits that role. Fitz just won't be let go by Arizona. They aren't that stupid especially after this year where Boldin got hurt again.

I wouldn't mind Roy Williams to replace TO, but now isn't the time for that. I guess... looking back, TO could be considered a burner and Roy Williams the possession wr, but I don't know. I think JJones would jump at him if he is truly interested in coming back to Texas.

With NE, Stallworth and Moss were both burners so that always left Welker or B. Watson underneath. Defenses couldn't handle that speed.

And I disagree vs NE. If our defense played up to the level it was suppose to and the offense didn't commit so many penalties, we would be right there with them. Our team just isn't consistent or displined enough right now to be on that level it seems.