Philips says he knows the team, and there will be changes

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;1906644 said:
man! jerry really screwed up with that contract. i guess we gotta deal with another superbowl-less year with thunderthighs. would it cost us half that after next season to move him?

Knock off another couple mill if Roy is traded in '09.

Frozen700

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1906719 said:
Knock off another couple mill if Roy is traded in '09.

Man damn!....i say we just Bench this Tool!

PS- wow Educan got banned? hmm nice job mods

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
I think one of the first things Phillips and Stewart will do is get someone who is familiar with their defense. That guy will be Drayton Florence who will move Henry out of the starting position week 1.

Then we take Cason or Talib with our 1st pick of the draft.

Then we find JJ replacement in the 2nd and find someone to push Ayodele for his job in the 3rd.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Florence would never take Henry's spot. Florence isn't half the CB Henry is.

And I think I'd rather have Leodis Mckelvin than Talib.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1907248 said:

Everytime I see a mock draft with Leodis I keep thinking about that poster LeotisBrown.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
we need a leader on our defense other than ellis who doesnt seem to be doing a great job. 4th rounder for Ray lewis if garret goes there

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
David276;1907293 said:
we need a leader on our defense other than ellis who doesnt seem to be doing a great job. 4th rounder for Ray lewis if garret goes there
is ray lewis a free agent?

WarC

Reaction score
If we literally gained no other new players, and simply replaced Jacque Reeves with a corner who can cover, I will be satisfied with this offseason. I'd package Roy Williams into the deal, too, but I realize that that may be too much to ask for. :D

safety, CB, the two areas on defense I would look into.

The offense is pretty much set, IMO. MAYBE I'd churn the roster at RB to see what I could get for Julius Jones. Alternatively, look into a young WR. But in my estimation, the secondary is a much bigger and more glaring concern than any other area of the team.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
theogt;1907248 said:
Florence would never take Henry's spot. Florence isn't half the CB Henry is.

You value Henry way to much. In the last 2 yrs in Dallas Henry has suffered an injury half way through the season then comes back of of injury and becomes a liability.

Florence not only hasn't missed anytime of for as injury but was very good this year in coverage as well as last.

How you come off and say Florence isn't even half of a guy who gets burnt day in and day out is ludicrous. A guy who plays 10 yards off the reciever and consistently give up 1st downs and continiously gets beat deep.

I have tons of respect for your opinion OGT so don't take this the wrong way but to say anyone in the league(other than Jacque Reeves) is half the player of Anthony Henry I strongly disagree.

ddh33

Reaction score
Whether everybody here loves Henry or not, you better ask yourself how much Wade does. My personal opinion is that he doesn't completely trust him or his speed.

I like Henry a lot. I think he's a good player. I think some people have really underrated him by saying that Reeves is better. I think some people way overrated him by calling him the best corner and defender on the team. Truth is, he's a pretty solid corner who has some limitations.

I do worry about his injuries though. I think corner is a need anyway, regardless of Henry's play. But he didn't do anything to make me feel a lot more secure at the end of this season.