CFZ Philly looking to convincingly clinch the division in Dallas on national TV

erod

Reaction score
The Eagles are giddy. They can't wait to get here.

Philly gets to come into Dallas on Christmas Eve and curb-stomp the Cowboys, which will clinch the NFC East on national television right in Jerry's face and back yard. That's what their champing at the bit to do in 5 days.

Much of the mystery will be revealed on Saturday about the Cowboys. We're about to know EXACTLY what the they are - good, bad, or indifferent - and the fallout will go accordingly.

Can you imagine Christmas Day in Philly if the latter happens. Ugh.

A win, and the the Cowboys could reinvent themselves before the playoffs with doubt in the Eagles' minds. A close loss, and thing will be mildly OK. An Eagle whooping on Dallas, and the season is basically over in terms of anything meaningful to look forward to in the playoffs.

No doubt Philly wants the chance to beat Dallas three times this year. I remember 2009 when Romo and the Cowboys beat the Eagles three times, including back-to-back 24-0 and 34-14 thrashings in the final regular season game and the wild card round. That was fun, but then Farve and the Vikings put that season to bed.

Dallas playoff path to the Super Bowl looks like it would got through Tampa, Philly, and San Francisco, in that order. The Eagles hope so.

My hope is, the Cowboys players and coaches feel the same way about Saturday and they don't caught up in standings this week. The game REALLY matters, even if technically it doesn't. There's too much psychologically riding on this game to dismiss it in any way.

It's critical for Dallas to play well and be competitive.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Eagles are giddy. They can't wait to get here.

Philly gets to come into Dallas on Christmas Eve and curb-stomp the Cowboys, which will clinch the NFC East on national television right in Jerry's face and back yard. That's what their champing at the bit to do in 5 days.

Much of the mystery will be revealed on Saturday about the Cowboys. We're about to know EXACTLY what the they are - good, bad, or indifferent - and the fallout will go accordingly.

Can you imagine Christmas Day in Philly if the latter happens. Ugh.

A win, and the the Cowboys could reinvent themselves before the playoffs with doubt in the Eagles' minds. A close loss, and thing will be mildly OK. An Eagle whooping on Dallas, and the season is basically over in terms of anything meaningful to look forward to in the playoffs.

No doubt Philly wants the chance to beat Dallas three times this year. I remember 2009 when Romo and the Cowboys beat the Eagles three times, including back-to-back 24-0 and 34-14 thrashings in the final regular season game and the wild card round. That was fun, but then Farve and the Vikings put that season to bed.

Dallas playoff path to the Super Bowl looks like it would got through Tampa, Philly, and San Francisco, in that order. The Eagles hope so.

My hope is, the Cowboys players and coaches feel the same way about Saturday and they don't caught up in standings this week. The game REALLY matters, even if technically it doesn't. There's too much psychologically riding on this game to dismiss it in any way.

It's critical for Dallas to play well and be competitive.

They will dance all over the star if they clinch in Jerryworld.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it is important for Dallas to go out and beat Philly. Plant some seeds of doubt in their heads. I expected a hard fought game and Dallas to get the bad taste of losing this past weekend.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to think the defense is going to try and make a statement notice I said try.
the offense is just gonna run.

hopefully it'll be close (kind of)

erod

Reaction score
Cowboys favored. Vegas knows.
LOL, that's not the way lines work. Dallas gets a ton of action by pom-pom waving fans, so lines are usually skewed early on.

Vegas wants one thing: 50% to bet on Dallas, and 50% to bet against Dallas. Vegas takes the juice either way, and it wins.

Setting lines is about betting tendencies and achieving 50/50 splits, not game results.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cowboys favored. Vegas knows.

Vegas don't care or know anything. All they care about is where the money is going. Their opening lines reflect who they think the gambling public will wager on. Not who will win, or who the better team is. They don't care about that. What we're really seeing is who the general public, dumb gamblers, think will win.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will curb stomp nothing. This is the same Eagles team that was in a one score game in the 4th quarter at home against Cooper Rush.

Stop making them into some unstoppable juggernaut just because you're salty about losing yesterday.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I imagine the game will be competitive but won’t
be surprised or overly upset if we lose. They’re a better team with more talent. They’re supposed to win.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
LOL, that's not the way lines work. Dallas gets a ton of action by pom-pom waving fans, so lines are usually skewed early on.

Vegas wants one thing: 50% to bet on Dallas, and 50% to bet against Dallas. Vegas takes the juice either way, and it wins.

Setting lines is about betting tendencies and achieving 50/50 splits, not game results.

I know brother I was joking. But I do think we’ll give the Eagles a good dame and perhaps even win. Eagles aren’t invincible. Bears and Colts both gave them a scare. And Cowboys can play loose as they have nothing to lose. If I’m Quinn I’m telling the D to punish Hurts. Hit him and punish him. Don’t worry about the pitch man, everyone hit Hurts. Send a message in case we play them again.

erod

Reaction score
They will curb stomp nothing. This is the same Eagles team that was in a one score game in the 4th quarter at home against Cooper Rush.

Stop making them into some unstoppable juggernaut just because you're salty about losing yesterday.

Not that at all.

They're a terrible matchup for Dallas. Great offensive line and run game that can neutralize the Dallas pass rush with little issue. Plus, they play the run extremely well and will put the game in Dak's hands and pressure him more than he's accustomed to.

Philly hadn't yet found their rhythm earlier in the year, and still they were up 20-0 before Dallas rallied.

The Eagles have been distracted lately by their own success and the Dallas game this week. They'll be there with both barrels Saturday.

Will we? We'll see.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Meh.. the Cowboys defense should have one single mission this Saturday. Hit Jalen Hurts every time they run the zone read. Whether he keeps it or not.. Hit him in the mouth every single time. See how long it takes before they stop calling it. I put the under on their third series. Maybe even more importantly they simply HAVE to play assignment football. I think having the DE assigned to clobber the QB is one way to get at least THEM to play assignment football and quit biting on the fake inside. But that will also require that the DTs hold up and the linebackers fill where they're supposed to. To be honest this game means very little to either team in the grand scheme of things. It's just about feeling good about themselves and beating an opponent they hate at this point. Frankly that should be enough for either of them.

erod

Reaction score
Meh.. the Cowboys defense should have one single mission this Saturday. Hit Jalen Hurts every time they run the zone read. Whether he keeps it or not.. Hit him in the mouth every single time. See how long it takes before they stop calling it. I put the under on their third series. Maybe even more importantly they simply HAVE to play assignment football. I think having the DE assigned to clobber the QB is one way to get at least THEM to play assignment football and quit biting on the fake inside. But that will also require that the DTs hold up and the linebackers fill where they're supposed to. To be honest this game means very little to either team in the grand scheme of things. It's just about feeling good about themselves and beating an opponent they hate at this point. Frankly that should be enough for either of them.
Why don't teams do this? He's a runner. Drill him high every time, turn him to his right shoulder, and come down with full body weight on that throwing shoulder. Take that play out of the mix with pain.