CFZ Philly looking to convincingly clinch the division in Dallas on national TV

Dakota

Reaction score
Meh. So under what circumstances would the Eagles or their fans just shrug and say "big deal, so we play the Cowboys on national TV"?

They could be 1-13 instead of 13-1 and be hyped for this game, so I'm not worried about that. Even if Dallas pulls the upset they still need Philly to lose out so I am not as hyped about this game as I probably should be myself.
Philly doesn't care. If we won on Sunday, this would be a very important game for them and Hurts would be playing. We didn't, he isn't.

Dakota

Reaction score
While we had a terrible second half, where’s the overreaction to Philly beating lowly Chicago by less than a TD, or the league’s “worst”, the Texans, taking the mighty Chiefs to OT?
I think the point you are missing is they still won Sunday, we lost.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're 13-1 and bored. The old 90s Cowboys teams used to do that down the stretch.

They won't be bored Saturday. They can clinch the division and the first-round bye on our field.

So far it sounds as if you are an Eagles fan...or you can't wait for Dallas to lose...or both....

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
this is my Super Bowl. Forget, the statistics the readings. They mean nothing. Enjoy the game.

Dakota

Reaction score
I do see a scenario where philly will play all out on Saturday. They only need 1 win to wrap up the #1 seed. With the potential of a rematch in the postseason, I didn't think philly was going to show us much of anything in this game. The game plan would have resembled that of a preseason game. All that changes with the Hurts injury. First off, Hurts could play on Saturday if it were a crutial situation for them, but it is not, however, a loss makes the remaining games more critical. The eagles don't want to rush Hurts back in a critical situation. He would in all likelihood play all out and risk even further injury. The mindset of the eagles on saturday will be, win this one for Jaylen. A win allows Hurts and the eagles all the time they need to get healthy before playing their next meaningful game somewhere around Jan 20th. Teams have a tendency to rally around backup QBs and I think that is what we will see on Saturday. Jaylen's teammates will lay it all on the line for him. They know if they win, it is a tremendous benefit to him and his recovery. Because of that, I think we are going to see a very fired up eagles team. I did not think of this angle initially, but this injury changes things. I think the eagles will be preparing to come in here and play lights out on both sides of the ball. Initially I was expecting a preseason effort, not any more. I think we are going to see an eagles team playing an inspired game to benefit their undisputed team leader and to show their appreciation for the way he has played and led all season.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hahaha, this is absurd. The Eagles Super Bowl is the Super Bowl. And Eagles fans aren’t jealous of the attention Dallas get’s, if anything it’s amusing that the national media continues to slobber over a franchise that hasn’t done anything of significance in 27 years. Every year will be the year and every year the typical Dallas collapse happens. Dallas is the definition of style over substance. I think Jerry is entertaining but he’s a carnival barker and the Boys are the 3 ring circus.

Deny

foofighters

Reaction score
Meh.. the Cowboys defense should have one single mission this Saturday. Hit Jalen Hurts every time they run the zone read. Whether he keeps it or not.. Hit him in the mouth every single time. See how long it takes before they stop calling it. I put the under on their third series. Maybe even more importantly they simply HAVE to play assignment football. I think having the DE assigned to clobber the QB is one way to get at least THEM to play assignment football and quit biting on the fake inside. But that will also require that the DTs hold up and the linebackers fill where they're supposed to. To be honest this game means very little to either team in the grand scheme of things. It's just about feeling good about themselves and beating an opponent they hate at this point. Frankly that should be enough for either of them.
Agreed. Hit Jalen EVERY time they can. Of course no cheap shots but every time it's there, we need to put a body on him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I don't think they even consider us a threat ...... They just want to beat us to make their fans happy

ESisback

Reaction score
Philly doesn't care. They will get the #1 seed within the next 3 weeks. We are looking at it as our SB. Before I was even aware of the injury to Hurts there was talk of philly resting starters this week. They were treating this like a preseason game after we blew it on Sunday. Too bad we didn't take the Jacksonville game more seriously.

As long as Philly holds “Dallas Week”, spends hours making “comedic” memes, munches on road apples, snowballs Santa, etc, then yeah, Philly fans have Dallas on the brain.

Aven8

Reaction score
They will curb stomp nothing. This is the same Eagles team that was in a one score game in the 4th quarter at home against Cooper Rush.

Stop making them into some unstoppable juggernaut just because you're salty about losing yesterday.

I’m not. Hurts did nothing in that game either. I think we win whether he plays or not.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Maybe getting embarrassed on National TV will
Light a fire under them. Put a chip on their shoulder for the playoffs.