CFZ Philly looking to convincingly clinch the division in Dallas on national TV

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Meh. So under what circumstances would the Eagles or their fans just shrug and say "big deal, so we play the Cowboys on national TV"?

They could be 1-13 instead of 13-1 and be hyped for this game, so I'm not worried about that. Even if Dallas pulls the upset they still need Philly to lose out so I am not as hyped about this game as I probably should be myself.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Meh.. the Cowboys defense should have one single mission this Saturday. Hit Jalen Hurts every time they run the zone read. Whether he keeps it or not.. Hit him in the mouth every single time. See how long it takes before they stop calling it. I put the under on their third series. Maybe even more importantly they simply HAVE to play assignment football. I think having the DE assigned to clobber the QB is one way to get at least THEM to play assignment football and quit biting on the fake inside. But that will also require that the DTs hold up and the linebackers fill where they're supposed to. To be honest this game means very little to either team in the grand scheme of things. It's just about feeling good about themselves and beating an opponent they hate at this point. Frankly that should be enough for either of them.

Win or lose, it’s be great if our pass rush showed up in a major way against the Eagles.

Last few weeks have been discouraging so hopefully they can get back on track against Philly. A strong outing would be a good confidence booster for the playoffs AND you know have Jalen thinking about it if we play them again.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not that at all.

They're a terrible matchup for Dallas. Great offensive line and run game that can neutralize the Dallas pass rush with little issue. Plus, they play the run extremely well and will put the game in Dak's hands and pressure him more than he's accustomed to.

Philly hadn't yet found their rhythm earlier in the year, and still they were up 20-0 before Dallas rallied.

The Eagles have been distracted lately by their own success and the Dallas game this week. They'll be there with both barrels Saturday.

Will we? We'll see.
Actually, defending the run has been their achilles heal and continues to be with the 2 bigs added to the roster. The Cowboys have to be able to be better than sub 4ypc like they were yesterday.

CWR

Reaction score
They will curb stomp nothing. This is the same Eagles team that was in a one score game in the 4th quarter at home against Cooper Rush.

Stop making them into some unstoppable juggernaut just because you're salty about losing yesterday.

I know things have gotten out of hand when you have to make posts like this. Lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why don't teams do this? He's a runner. Drill him high every time, turn him to his right shoulder, and come down with full body weight on that throwing shoulder. Take that play out of the mix with pain.

Because he's a quarterback and the officials throw the flag if a defender causes a wrinkle in their jerseys these days. Come down with body weight on Hurts and it's an automatic first down and a 50K fine the following week.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that at all.

They're a terrible matchup for Dallas. Great offensive line and run game that can neutralize the Dallas pass rush with little issue. Plus, they play the run extremely well and will put the game in Dak's hands and pressure him more than he's accustomed to.

Philly hadn't yet found their rhythm earlier in the year, and still they were up 20-0 before Dallas rallied.

The Eagles have been distracted lately by their own success and the Dallas game this week. They'll be there with both barrels Saturday.

Will we? We'll see.

They couldn't curb stomp us when we were on their field with a backup QB. They're going to come to Dallas now and do it? Not happening.

They were 5 points better than the Bears yesterday. A juggernaut they are not.

erod

Reaction score
They couldn't curb stomp us when we were on their field with a backup QB. They're going to come to Dallas now and do it? Not happening.

They're 13-1 and bored. The old 90s Cowboys teams used to do that down the stretch.

They won't be bored Saturday. They can clinch the division and the first-round bye on our field.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas will win the game.

Anybody scared can take comfort within my likes leading bosom.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

This is what I have been saying all season. They could have VERY easily lost their games to the Lions, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Bears this season and if they did, it would be the Cowboys already clinching the division. I am not taking the Eagles lightly because they ARE 13-1, but people are talking about them like they are one of the greatest teams in NFL history right now and it's laughable.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Don’t let them….punch them in the face and let them know who’s boss….especially in your backyard.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Eagles better enjoy what's left of their mostly creampuff schedule. Their giddiness will end at the hands of someone. Not us....but someone.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I have been saying all season. They could have VERY easily lost their games to the Lions, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Bears this season and if they did, it would be the Cowboys already clinching the division. I am not taking the Eagles lightly because they ARE 13-1, but people are talking about them like they are one of the greatest teams in NFL history right now and it's laughable.

The Colts had them dead to rights and blew it.

They are a good team but nobody you should fear. I'd rather play them than the 49ers right now.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Don’t let them….punch them in the face and let them know who’s boss….especially in your backyard.

Dallas punched the Jaguars in the face too then decided to take the rest of the afternoon off after going up 27-10. The Cowboys' problem isn't lack of physicality, want-to, or talent. They just don't know how to finish.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Colts had them dead to rights and blew it.

They are a good team but nobody you should fear. I'd rather play them than the 49ers right now.

The Colts game was the other one I forgot. We could say this team is closer to 8-6 than 13-1 right now, or closer to the 9-8 squad they were last year. I have to give them credit for winning the close ones but like you said, the 49ers are probably the better team right now.

slick325

Reaction score
Meh.. the Cowboys defense should have one single mission this Saturday. Hit Jalen Hurts every time they run the zone read. Whether he keeps it or not.. Hit him in the mouth every single time. See how long it takes before they stop calling it. I put the under on their third series. Maybe even more importantly they simply HAVE to play assignment football. I think having the DE assigned to clobber the QB is one way to get at least THEM to play assignment football and quit biting on the fake inside. But that will also require that the DTs hold up and the linebackers fill where they're supposed to. To be honest this game means very little to either team in the grand scheme of things. It's just about feeling good about themselves and beating an opponent they hate at this point. Frankly that should be enough for either of them.

Couldn't agree more with how to play the RPO. Hit the QB EVERY TIME whether he keeps it or not. He is a runner in that instance so roughing the passer would not be applicable.

With you on this one Ronnie. 100%

ESisback

Reaction score
Philly’s Super Bowl is Saturday at AT&T. Their DREAM is to destroy Dallas in their house in front of the world. Their fanbase is rabid, hateful, foaming at the mouth and insanely jealous of the attention that Dallas gets—the hype, the ratings, the nicknames, the money and glamour, and most of all the indifference. It’s eaten at them for generations.

Creeper

Reaction score
With all the injuries to the defense I don't see how the Cowboys stop the Eagles passing or running game. And with no pass rush? This could get ugly in a hurry.

Washington gave everyone the blue print. Run the football. Long methodical drives. Eat up the clock. and when you get in the red zone, score. This is a game where Dak cannot throw the ball to the other team. Receivers have to get agressive and catch what they can get their hands on. No easy score for the Eagles.