PI on Lewis

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You seem to keep missing the part of the DB playing the ball.

If the DB is not playing the ball, the receiver has every right to get to the ball.

To think that a receiver has to accommodate a DB that's blindly chasing him and not playing the ball in the air, by moving around him to make a play on the ball is just silly.

No I'm not missing that point. I'm not talking about the Lewis PI. That play may not apply to the tweak of the rule precisely because of what you mentioned. You seem to miss the fact that a WR also cannot interfere with a DB who has better position on the pass. I simply contend that on an underthrown ball, the DB now has better position and if the WR stops and initiates contact with the DB in order to come back for the ball, it should not be PI on the DB. If the DB is playing the ball, that means his head is turned and cannot see the WR so if the WR stops and they collide, why should that be PI? That's my point and that's the tweak of the rule that I would like to see. Offenses should not get a 40-50 yard penalty on poorly thrown deep passes because the DB is trying to do his job and has absolutely no chance to avoid contact with the WR he is covering if that WR stops or slows way down.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am completely ok with the call on Lewis. It was an obvious PI infraction. What I am not ok with is Crabtree pushing off all game with no flag.