Twitter: Pick 3 To Resign Cowboys FA Edition

exciter

Reaction score
Gregory, Kearse, Watkins… release Jarwin and give his contract to Schultz!

doomsday808

Reaction score
Gallup is going to want WR1 money and he deserves it.
Gregory will hopefully remember how the Cowboys supported him through his years of suspensions and give us a discount.

Gregory
Williams
Kearse

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Im picking 4 because gregory, kearse and then hooker and lve count as one they will come back on heavy team friendly deals

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Cowboys players who are free agents this offseason:

Randy Gregory
Michael Gallup
Dalton Schultz
Jayron Kearse
Connor Williams
Dorance Armstrong
Leighton Vander Esch
Keanu Neal
Cedrick Wilson Jr.
Carlos Watkins
Brent Urban
Damontae Kazee
Malik Hooker

You can only bring back 3, one in each tier, who are they?

Tier 1: Gallup, Gregory, Kearse (Pro-Bowl Potential)

Tier 2: Shultz, Wilson, Williams, Armstrong (Average Starters)

Tier 3: Hooker, Neal, Watkins, LVE, Kazee, Urban (Depth and Package Dependent Contributors/Fringe Starters)

Gregory - Pass rushers are an extremely valuable commodity in the NFL. Gotta bring him back.

Williams - He is better than the others in tier 2, and he’s better than people give him credit for. His movement skills are very good for OL.

Hooker - I like Watkins because he is a solid rotational piece, but I roll the dice on Hookers upside here. If he gets 100% healthy and figures it out, he could be a difference maker.

Actual plan - Gregory, Kearse, Williams, Hooker and Watkins. Gregory would be the only high dollar signing with Kearse and Williams being mid-range IMO. Hooker and Watkins should be pretty inexpensive.

I’d then try to bring in LB, S, WR via the draft.

817Gill

Reaction score
Gregory - Pass rushers are an extremely valuable commodity in the NFL. Gotta bring him back.

Williams - He is better than the others in tier 2, and he’s better than people give him credit for. His movement skills are very good for OL.

Hooker - I like Watkins because he is a solid rotational piece, but I roll the dice on Hookers upside here. If he gets 100% healthy and figures it out, he could be a difference maker.

Actual plan - Gregory, Kearse, Williams, Hooker and Watkins. Gregory would be the only high dollar signing with Kearse and Williams being mid-range IMO. Hooker and Watkins should be pretty inexpensive.

Thanks this was the type of discussion I was trying to have in the thread. Appreciate the explanations

conner01

Reaction score
1. Gregory

2. Cedrick Wilson (Gallup will be too expensive)

3. Kearse

Shultz would be 4
Very realistic
I think everyone would love to keep Gallup but I think those 3 are much more realistic
I’d also cut Jarwin and keep Schultz too
Schultz is obviously gonna be higher but there is a reason why he’s higher, he is better and less injury prone

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

Solid actual plan as long as we don’t overspend on any of the others not named Gregory or Kearse.