Pictures of Dak's bad day

alicetooljam

Reaction score
He was a NFL QB in OT and grew up a bunch in a hurry.

What I do predict is that the FIRST Time he has a bad game and we lose, this forum will be full of poster who are ready to cut him, bench him, disown him, etc.

You forgot trade him....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well it seemed when no one was saying he can't throw TDs he was fine. Either way though he is a rookie and won't be perfect. I'm for one glad to see him over come it and still win the game

Yeah, of course. It's impressive that he can go 5 for 5 in OT after not having a great early game.

My only point was that both the GB and the PHI game we've seen him struggle a bit early on. He came on to win both, which is exactly what you want to see. He's at that point where DCs are trying everything they can based off of what he's put on tape for them, and he's having to overcome it. From my experience, it takes 8 weeks or so for them to typically figure a guy out, and then how he responds to that says a lot about whether he'll have staying power at the position or not. It's a good sign that Dak's overcoming it each week. Against two good defenses.

I almost feel better to see him struggling a bit. It was almost too easy there for a bit. Makes it more believable for me. Now I want to see him go back to not-struggling against a bad defense, and I'll really feel good.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That Dak found a way to win when he was clearly not at his best reveals more about him than the first six games combined.

He was 5-5 passing in overtime.

People still missing the point.

giphy.gif

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, of course. It's impressive that he can go 5 for 5 in OT after not having a great early game.

My only point was that both the GB and the PHI game we've seen him struggle a bit early on. He came on to win both, which is exactly what you want to see. He's at that point where DCs are trying everything they can based off of what he's put on tape for them, and he's having to overcome it. From my experience, it takes 8 weeks or so for them to typically figure a guy out, and then how he responds to that says a lot about whether he'll have staying power at the position or not. It's a good sign that Dak's overcoming it each week. Against two good defenses.

I almost feel better to see him struggling a bit. It was almost too easy there for a bit. Makes it more believable for me. Now I want to see him go back to not-struggling against a bad defense, and I'll really feel good.
I agree. He is a rookie and struggling will happen. He steps up and gets better. In excited for the future and believe he is legit

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, Dak has had a bit of a slump from his torrid early pace each of the last two games. Whether it's the level of competition, or just the natural progression for a young QB, he's been kind of streaky here. I'll be happy to see him come out and just play a controlled safe game this week.

I don't think that it's a coincidence that both GB and more so Philly were blitzing more than any other team facing the Cowboys so far (at least based on the numbers I've seen). And that pressure may have been triggering some mechanical issues with his delivery (like the jumping up in the air to throw) and things like that.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I agree. He is a rookie and struggling will happen. He steps up and gets better. In excited for the future and believe he is legit

I honestly don't know of a lot of people, even those of us who want Romo to start when healthy, who don't think Dak is legit. He's the future, there is little doubt in my mind unless he craps the bed and regresses like Bortles or RG3. I doubt that's going to happen though because of his work ethic and the team/coaches around him. So I think virtually everyone is excited for his future with the team, except maybe Risen.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Anybody have a breakdown of how many of his bad passes happened while he was under pressure?

A number of people have brought up how he has let his footwork get away from him but my untrained eyes want to say it mostly happens under pressure.

He's had a few bad passes in other games but this was the first game where he's seen this much pressure.

raichledog

Reaction score
It doesn't need to be a Romo vs. Dak deal. They are both on this team. The best players should play, regardless of position.

raichledog

Reaction score
Anybody have a breakdown of how many of his bad passes happened while he was under pressure?

A number of people have brought up how he has let his footwork get away from him but my untrained eyes want to say it mostly happens under pressure.

He's had a few bad passes in other games but this was the first game where he's seen this much pressure.

I saw a breakdown that showed his qbr under pressure vs. no pressure. Not surprisingly he was sub 50 under duress and over 100 without pressure. Not going to take the time to find the graphic, sorry.

Gabe

Reaction score
Purpose of this thread was not to make Dak look bad,it is to show he has a long way to go before he can play at Tonys level.I want Romo to start the momemt he is cleared.
Would you like to post some pictures of Romo's last game? It included 3 INT 0 TDs, two pick 6s, and a QB rating of 29.

Im not saying this as a slam on Romo, but let's be fair about this. Dak won his game 29-23, Romo lost his 33-13. Do I think this means Romo is horrible? No, but using this last game trying to prove Romo is better has serious flaws.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Would you like to post some pictures of Romo's last game? It included 3 INT 0 TDs, two pick 6s, and a QB rating of 29.

Im not saying this as a slam on Romo, but let's be fair about this.

I want to see where Romo is at right now,if he plays like 2015 then we are better off with Dak,he was not very good in any games last year.

Gabe

Reaction score
I want to see where Romo is at right now,if he plays like 2015 then we are better off with Dak,he was not very good in any games last year.
No reason to. We are already the best team in NFC, possibly NFL.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
There are two top-5 pass defenses in our division now.

Defensive passer rating
1. Broncos 65.7
2. Vikings 68.1
3. Cardinals 69.1
4. Giants 77.5
5. Eagles 79.1

Last year's top 5 averaged 12 wins. We've been spoiled with Romo, who excelled against great defenses in recent years.

plasticman

Reaction score
Bad game....some of you guys crack me up.

Yeah, he had a "bad game"....but only by his own standards. When you consider that he was the top rated QB in the league, there was only on direction his numbers could go....down...but certainly not by much.

He threw for more yards against the Eagle defense than any other quarterback this year.

He ran for more yards against the Eagles than any other quarterback this year.

Only one other quarterback scored as many TD's as he did against the Eagles when you add passing TD's to running TD's.

Only one starting QB was sacked less.

Is it possible that Dak's performance was directly linked to defensive pressure?

"Romo has been doing that his whole career".....B.S!!!

Tony Romo did nothing.....NOTHING......in the first three seasons of his NFL career...he didn't throw a single pass. In his 1st year he doesn't even register on the stat sheet because his contribution was zero.

In his 2nd and 3rd seasons he was the holder on field goals. You would think that two full seasons of doing nothing but taking the snap in field goals would give him a high level of efficiency in that singular function.

Bill Parcells is the only HC in NFL history to develop a quarterback and protect him for 3 total untouched seasons before his first pass attempt. It was entirely unprecedented in the way Romo was protected and coddled.
But Dak Prescott is the epitome of everything Parcells was preaching:

"Throwing the ball away is a good play – sacks, interceptions and fumbles are bad plays. Protect against those."

"Get your team to the end zone – Passing stats and TD passes are not how you’re going to be judged. Your job is to get your team in the end zone and that is how you will be judged."

"Keep cool in chaos – Don’t panic. When all around you is in chaos, you must be the hand that steers the ship. If you have a panic button so will everyone else. Our ship can’t have a panic button."

"Be the same guy every day – In conditioning. Preparing to lead. Studying your plan. A coach can’t prepare you for every eventuality. Prepare yourself and remember, impulse decisions usually equal mistakes."

Looking at Tony Romo's ten worse games in passer rating, five of them were to the Eagles. All five had a passer rating at least 20 points less than Dak's rating on sunday. You want horrendous, look there.

Romo's first Eagle's game:

14-29-142-1TD- 2 INT 3 sacks 45.5 passer rating

Cowboy fans have something very special in Dak Prescott. Those who don't appreciate him don't deserve him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would think the Cowboys coaching staff has reviewed the Philly game several times and if they think they can correct some of the issues that contributed to his accuracy issues during the game then they'll push forward with Dak.

If he keeps repeating the same mistakes, then you'll see Romo sooner.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
He was a NFL QB in OT and grew up a bunch in a hurry.

What I do predict is that the FIRST Time he has a bad game and we lose, this forum will be full of poster who are ready to cut him, bench him, disown him, etc.

Well, there is a borderline HOF QB returning soon.