Pictures of Dak's bad day

knightrider94

Reaction score
Is it possible that he may hit a "rookie wall" because he has never played a NFL season?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The rookie has a ways to go before he's a full time NFL starter, yes.

I mean, ******* guys, we're 6-1 riding a rookie back up QB still learning to run an NFL pro style offense. He had a rough night facing a great defensive front seven and still managed to recover and win the game.

How can you NOT love the situation this team is in with 2 great QB's on the roster?

It's fantastic. We have no idea how it will play out, but right now Plan B is 6-1 and we're busy fretting over whether Plan A is or isn't the better choice. I hope we fret over the quarterback situation all the way to the Super Bowl (no matter which QB is starting).

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad game....some of you guys crack me up.

Yeah, he had a "bad game"....but only by his own standards. When you consider that he was the top rated QB in the league, there was only on direction his numbers could go....down...but certainly not by much.

He threw for more yards against the Eagle defense than any other quarterback this year.

He ran for more yards against the Eagles than any other quarterback this year.

Only one other quarterback scored as many TD's as he did against the Eagles when you add passing TD's to running TD's.

Only one starting QB was sacked less.

Is it possible that Dak's performance was directly linked to defensive pressure?

"Romo has been doing that his whole career".....B.S!!!

Tony Romo did nothing.....NOTHING......in the first three seasons of his NFL career...he didn't throw a single pass. In his 1st year he doesn't even register on the stat sheet because his contribution was zero.

In his 2nd and 3rd seasons he was the holder on field goals. You would think that two full seasons of doing nothing but taking the snap in field goals would give him a high level of efficiency in that singular function.

Bill Parcells is the only HC in NFL history to develop a quarterback and protect him for 3 total untouched seasons before his first pass attempt. It was entirely unprecedented in the way Romo was protected and coddled.
But Dak Prescott is the epitome of everything Parcells was preaching:

"Throwing the ball away is a good play – sacks, interceptions and fumbles are bad plays. Protect against those."

"Get your team to the end zone – Passing stats and TD passes are not how you’re going to be judged. Your job is to get your team in the end zone and that is how you will be judged."

"Keep cool in chaos – Don’t panic. When all around you is in chaos, you must be the hand that steers the ship. If you have a panic button so will everyone else. Our ship can’t have a panic button."

"Be the same guy every day – In conditioning. Preparing to lead. Studying your plan. A coach can’t prepare you for every eventuality. Prepare yourself and remember, impulse decisions usually equal mistakes."

Looking at Tony Romo's ten worse games in passer rating, five of them were to the Eagles. All five had a passer rating at least 20 points less than Dak's rating on sunday. You want horrendous, look there.

Romo's first Eagle's game:

14-29-142-1TD- 2 INT 3 sacks 45.5 passer rating

Cowboy fans have something very special in Dak Prescott. Those who don't appreciate him don't deserve him.

I don't look at the numbers (as much) as the mechanical issues contributing to the large number of incompletions.

Obviously that's something that needs to be sorted as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was a NFL QB in OT and grew up a bunch in a hurry.

What I do predict is that the FIRST Time he has a bad game and we lose, this forum will be full of poster who are ready to cut him, bench him, disown him, etc.

It's just a human frailty, nothing to get worked up about. You can bet that if/when Tony plays the only way he avoids global condemnation and I-told-you-so's is if he leads the team to a Super Bowl victory.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Is it possible that he may hit a "rookie wall" because he has never played a NFL season?
His rookie wall strangely appears when Zeke is held under 100 yards passing and Cole Beasley's man isn't falling down constantly...

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I continue to say, stay with Dak and get Romo ready. I'd like to see him backup, starting with the Ravens game. He can come in if there is a romp either way. He still can be an important piece in 2016.

kevm3

Reaction score
So Dak's worst game results in a victory against one of the best defenses in the league... the same defense that held the Steelers to 3 points. This is also a game where he shattered all the notions that he's a "Dink and Dunker". Also won without Zeke running for over 100 yards.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Actually, Dak has had a bit of a slump from his torrid early pace each of the last two games. Whether it's the level of competition, or just the natural progression for a young QB, he's been kind of streaky here. I'll be happy to see him come out and just play a controlled safe game this week.
He's getting confused by DCs with film and talent to counter. Now begins the chess match. He can overcome that. The footwork that showed occasionally earlier is killer when you're also processing the look and facing pressure every play.

I'm a Romo homer. But I just have a hard time seeing him facing the same pressure and staying upright. I've kind of felt that way from watching the very first game of the season and thinking that 10 of the hits Cam took would've killed Tony.

Maybe he could lay down and the run game combined with his play when it gets blocked is better, but I certainly think it's open for debate.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Purpose of this thread was not to make Dak look bad,it is to show he has a long way to go before he can play at Tonys level.I want Romo to start the momemt he is cleared.
YEah....cause #9 never made any of throws in a full game. He was always spot on, never threw into triple coverage and generally just never did any of these throws.....EVER

knightrider94

Reaction score
I didn't see that.

I saw a guy who got sloppy in his mechanics, probably due to the pressure Philly was exerting... Not because he's suddenly "gotten tired" from the long NFL season.

I don't think he has hit it. Just concerned that he may.

Hopefully, some focus on footwork and mechanics will help.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
These are the throws Dak was making all year. Was bouncing them on Sunday.
CwHRaedUIAAOcC5.jpg

3rd down and 3. Dak sails the ball over Dez's head. Doesn't even give him a chance.
CwHPu4sVUAA70G3.jpg

4-point miss here by Dak. Should've been an easy throw.
CwHNL8GUMAAlPn8.jpg

Dak falling away and doesn't step into this throw... ball ends up bouncing to an open Beasley:
CwHMMQAUEAA5Gs7.jpg

CwHMNe0VIAA5lUq.jpg

1st throw of the game for Dak. Beautiful route by Dez. Ball is late, high and outside.

CwHKKeDVIAAi8Wd.jpg

Post all his good completions as well.....just so we can pick them apart

Gabe

Reaction score

Yeah, he had a "bad game"....but only by his own standards. When you consider that he was the top rated QB in the league, there was only on direction his numbers could go....down...but certainly not by much.

He threw for more yards against the Eagle defense than any other quarterback this year.

Only one other quarterback scored as many TD's as he did against the Eagles when you add passing TD's to running TD's.

Is it possible that Dak's performance was directly linked to defensive pressure?

Tony Romo did nothing.....NOTHING......in the first three seasons of his NFL career...he didn't throw a single pass. In his 1st year he doesn't even register on the stat sheet because his contribution was zero.

In his 2nd and 3rd seasons he was the holder on field goals. You would think that two full seasons of doing nothing but taking the snap in field goals would give him a high level of efficiency in that singular function.

Bill Parcells is the only HC in NFL history to develop a quarterback and protect him for 3 total untouched seasons before his first pass attempt. It was entirely unprecedented in the way Romo was protected and coddled.

"Throwing the ball away is a good play – sacks, interceptions and fumbles are bad plays. Protect against those."

"Get your team to the end zone – Passing stats and TD passes are not how you’re going to be judged. Your job is to get your team in the end zone and that is how you will be judged."

"Keep cool in chaos – Don’t panic. When all around you is in chaos, you must be the hand that steers the ship. If you have a panic button so will everyone else. Our ship can’t have a panic button."

"Be the same guy every day – In conditioning. Preparing to lead. Studying your plan. A coach can’t prepare you for every eventuality. Prepare yourself and remember, impulse decisions usually equal mistakes."

Looking at Tony Romo's ten worse games in passer rating, five of them were to the Eagles. All five had a passer rating at least 20 points less than Dak's rating on sunday. You want horrendous, look there.

Cowboy fans have something very special in Dak Prescott. Those who don't appreciate him don't deserve him.

Just WOW

Gabe

Reaction score
Dak is doing all this as a rookie thrown into the fire so to speak and he has us #1, let me repeat, #1 in the NFC. This team was a 4-12 team last year and has played almost all of 2016 at less than 100%. Dez gone half the year, Tyron Smith banged up, etc... And we are 6-1!

We just put a stranglehold on the division with his "bad game" and yet we still have people complaining. I can't even imagine God forbid he has a game where throws 2 INTs or loses the game fumbling a snap... I know he doesn't care what we think, but geez some of you should really take a step back and listen to yourselves.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
YEah....cause #9 never made any of throws in a full game. He was always spot on, never threw into triple coverage and generally just never did any of these throws.....EVER
There were games, quite a few of them early in his career, where Tony was off. Not as bad mechanically as Dak was Sunday, but there were 4 or 5 games early in his career that he just flat out didn't have it in terms of accuracy. Biggest thing on Sunday was that they never let Dak get comfortable. First play is the fumbled kickoff, short run, great play by Zeke on the flare. Then a sack, short run, and a 3rd and long. Dak has been living on staying ahead of the chains and they got away from that too often.

You could tell as soon as they went no huddle that his comfort level returned somewhat.

Undisputed

Reaction score

giphy.gif

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I just read that according to Elias, Dak and Johnny Lujack (1948 Bears) are the only rookie quarterbacks to start 6-1 in NFL history. That's pretty amazing by anyone's standard. We are on the verge of approaching new territory here.