Pictures of Dak's bad day

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Too many 3 & outs.

They should have beaten the Eagles by 10 within regulation.

It was a sloppy offensive effort.

It was a sloppy OL effort. They do that sometimes. NFL games are all hard. I know some want all blowouts, but this isn't CFB. I'll take 460 all day. The only other sloppy thing I saw was kick coverage.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
He's above Romo's level now. Prescott can actually stay on the field, which is the most important attribute for a football player. Romo may never be healthy enough to finish 7 games straight ever again.

One thing I can promise you is Tony had never played on a team this good. One could argue that we have the top player at his position at 5 of the 11 offensive positions! We should be putting up historic offensive numbers.

That isn't even mentioning we have a top 10 defense. Had Romo ever gotten that?

raichledog

Reaction score
Too many 3 & outs.

They should have beaten the Eagles by 10 within regulation.

It was a sloppy offensive effort.

This really should've been a blowout but Dak kept Philly in the game. I LOVE how he responded in OT but the game never should have gone to OT in the first place. He was so good in OT but OMG he was bad for the first 55ish minutes.

I love the kid, I love his resilience and his demeanor. He was just awful for most of that game. Not saying Romo hasn't ever been bad so please don't go there. I'm just saying that Dak was awful for most of that game.

Gabe

Reaction score
One thing I can promise you is Tony had never played on a team this good. One could argue that we have the top player at his position at 5 of the 11 offensive positions! We should be putting up historic offensive numbers.

Funny how they all of a sudden just get good the moment Dak takes over. Last year they were 4-12.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score

2007 and 2014 were both very good. And we're not close to a top 10 D. More like 20.

drawandstrike

Reaction score

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Correct, not top 10. We're 12th in the league after 7 games played if you go by yardage surrendered.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

In the only real defensive stat that matters, points surrendered to the other team, Dallas is 4th in the league behind the Vikings, Seahawks and Eagles.

We're 14 in total D efficiency after being 20 last week. D by total yards is for total beginners. Nothing special at all. Romo had his chances.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

raichledog

Reaction score
Again, they've overachieved in many ways, but only looking at yards is for simps.

Right, points against is without question the most important, followed by turnovers forced. By the points against metric, we are top 5. Argue all you want but we have not allowed any opponent to score more than 23 points.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
We're 14 in total D efficiency after being 20 last week. D by total yards is for total beginners. Nothing special at all. Romo had his chances.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Your agenda is showing. You're so anti-Romo it's comical and it's leading you down strange pathways.

Our defense is top 5 in the only defensive stat that matters: points surrendered.

defense.jpg

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Right, points against is without question the most important, followed by turnovers forced. By the points against metric, we are top 5. Argue all you want but we have not allowed any opponent to score more than 23 points.

Points allowed have been good, but that will even out over time. This D has not been close to special or top 10 overall. Pressure has been below average, too.

raichledog

Reaction score
In fairness, Romo had a QB Rating of 29 with 2 pick 6s in his final game. Was that as bad as Dak's bad game?

Why do you think I am ragging on Dak? Were the Cowboys 3-1 under Romo last year? That was my one and only claim in my point. You said that it was funny how the team got good once Dak started and that they went 4-12 last year (which is accurate) but it does not take into account the fact that they went 1-11 with anyone but Romo under center.

The team is so much better this year with Dak than they were under Cassle, Weeden or lefty. I wouldn't think of disputing that.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Your agenda is showing. You're so anti-Romo it's comical and it's leading you down strange pathways.

Our defense is top 5 in the only defensive stat that matters: points surrendered.

defense.jpg

Wrong. I'm a huge Romo fan, but not a desperate cult member like many are. I also don't have sports amnesia.

raichledog

Reaction score
Points allowed have been good, but that will even out over time. This D has not been close to special or top 10 overall. Pressure has been below average, too.

To this point in the season you are wrong. Will that even out? Maybe but until it does you are just speculating.

Aven8

Reaction score
What I saw was his mechanics were bad. Once he got settled his accuracy went way up. I was proud of him as their was a lot of pressure. SNF, division rival, and one heck of a defense and DC. He should have been sacked probably at least 6-8 times, but he's so strong and his ability to move took care of that. This guy has ice in his veins!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That article is pretty much saying what you, I, and a few others have been saying for a couple weeks now.

We're just crazy Romonians though. Just trolling for kicks.

It was pretty spot on, except for the bit about the TD pass to Dez. It wasn't a great throw that only Dez couls get to. It was to the wrong shoulder and took a great effort by Dez because the defenders were able to make a play on the ball/Dez because of where the ball was.