Pinkston, Buckhalter - Injured

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
That huge green reality pill just got smaller with the return of Westbrook today.
But ok, I get your point about depth!:eek::

I give you this bro..you at least reluctantly grant the point and thus choose not to suck down homer juice with this still BIG GREEN REALITY PILL..:)

I guess we all knew T.o. and Westbrook would return and this certainly helps your starting offense..I definately give you this point and never argued against this fact. The who knows on T.O. still is in effect because he is such a capricious person..probably will play even if digruntled with the organization but he will be a cancer to team chemistry on purpose I bet !!

My only point was depth is thin at WR and to some extent RB. Your starters are good in T.O. and Westbrook my point was simply that the Eagles lack proven depth..but this is life for most other teams in the NFL.

Even as well as the Eagles upstairs has managed things the last 6 years or so..there are weaknesses in depth and for that you need not be ashamed. Most of us are worse off with franchise destructive management as we have been since Jimmy left and until BP came here and some would argue with that point too.

Where do you see the Eagles weaknesses in terms of depth and/or starters? But..before you answer..and by way of limitation..no unproven talent goes into the equation as softening lack of proven depth..and no green colored glasses..give your true worries over positions. :)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
Where do you see the Eagles weaknesses in terms of depth and/or starters? But..before you answer..and by way of limitation..no unproven talent goes into the equation as softening lack of proven depth..and no green colored glasses..give your true worries over positions. :)

I have to be perfectly honest with you when I say that it was very difficult to swallow that medium-sized green reality pill -- but it went down without a hitch. Listen, I could tell you I have some angst with our WR corp, but you already figured that one out. Let's leave it there for now.

But what about your squad? I heard a buzz that you might be wek around the OL. TYell me it ain't so! What other positions are you guys worried about?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
ROYDESTROY said:
I have to be perfectly honest with you when I say that it was very difficult to swallow that medium-sized green reality pill -- but it went down without a hitch. Listen, I could tell you I have some angst with our WR corp, but you already figured that one out. Let's leave it there for now.

But what about your squad? I heard a buzz that you might be wek around the OL. TYell me it ain't so! What other positions are you guys worried about?

At least you visualized the BIG GREEN REALITY PILL as being smaller (medium) insofar as you you did not choke on it but it makes like psyllium husk fiber or guar gum and the true size expands in reality once consumed..perhaps as analogous to any injuries you suffer at these positions..you are glad when the starter is present and ok but sad when he goes down and you are left with the lack of quality proven depth. :)

We exhausted that one and you were willing to admit this problematic but certainly there are more weaknesses than WR on the team. The ? mark of Andrews replacing Mayberry? Virtually no real running game Westbrook or not? The WR thing? The TE question? How will the impact of losing Simon, Burgess, Ike Reese and Nate Wayne effect the defense as role players and depth.

These are valid questions that any honest Eagles fan must engage in addition to will the T.O. situation effect team chemistry and pose a substantial problematic to the teams overall success? One cannot diminish this fact and it has to be a worry of any thoughtful Eagles fan.

Concerning Dallas..The majority of the staring O-line is a strenth featuring 3 pro-bowl players in Rivera, Allen and Adams. Al Johnson the center is a solid young talent with Andre Gurode another young player playing well behind him thus far this offseason. Our concern was RT and Rogers a second year player who just came off of shoulder surgery during the offseason is back and has been playing very well at RT and may be able to handle the position. Only time will tell but Ron Wolf stated he thought we had our RT here at camp..when he talks I listen..the guy knows talent well.

Behind him we have Tucker (looking bad in camp), Vollers (swing player can play left or right..utility player but servicable). That is why there is concern because at the RT position there is no proven starter with just a little proven (vollers) depth. However, Rogers is young and strong with a tough attitude so we will see but thus far looks decent..but its early.

Now, the other Tackle position probably is backed up by Pettitti a absolutely huge LT that will learn behind Adams. He is talented but very green so he will need some time to develop. I believe Peterman is backing up Rivera and he looks good thus far under Rivera's tutelage and Ben KNoll a large guard is backing up Allen with Tyson Walters probable being the utility guard. They may have some other camp fodder, for example sam wilder but the aforementioned seem to be the depth behind our starters.

Only time will tell but our starting O-line should be very good and tough to deal with so the O-line does not seem to be a weakness with possible answers to the RT position looking to be Rogers. This group will pave the way for Jules to gain big yards up the gut of even great defenses but we shall see.

Free Saftey is our major worry at the moment..but word is we are willing to trade a mid-level draft pick to pry someone loose..stay tuned..we do have some depth in Izell Reese, Keith Davis and lynn Scott. But, I still feel we need to find a proven talent at the position and I look for them to go outside to find a possible starter. If not, Davis is the favorite because of his instincts and play-making ability but he still has to prove himself at the position.

We have other worries to be sure..but these two positions rank among the highest in priority with one possibly being able to be addressed inside but another probably needing to be addressed from outside..we will see ..now its your turn!!! :)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
At least you visualized the BIG GREEN REALITY PILL as being smaller (medium) insofar as you you did not choke on it but it makes like psyllium husk fiber or guar gum and the true size expands in reality once consumed..perhaps as analogous to any injuries you suffer at these positions..you are glad when the starter is present and ok but sad when he goes down and you are left with the lack of quality proven depth. :)

You talk good -- I like how you attempt to punish your reader diplomatically. Reminds me of someone ...oh, yeah, me! That's for the warning about that ...now slightly larger Blue pill -- I've regurgitated it before the psyllium husk fiber or guar gum-like expansion took place; and before I passed the depth Problem over to you. You have enough to worry about should your star QB go down (hopefully he doesn't). Can Drew or Romo pick Up the gauntlet? You see as you so eliquently pointed out to me, depth is one thing, quality depth is something else! Watch out for that blitz!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
Concerning Dallas..
The majority of the staring O-line is a strenth featuring 3 pro-bowl players in Rivera, Allen and Adams.

Sounds like you've got some experience on your OL. But let's talk about that slightly larger growing (now) blue reality pill. Three probowlers does not an OL make (said in my best Yoda-speaking voice; Star Wars character if you didn't know).

Al Johnson the center - Depth = Andre Gurode
Rogers - right tackle (shoulder surgery in 2004; is he 100%?) Depth = ?
__________ - left tackle ? - Depth = ?
__________ - Guard ? - Depth = ?

I know you explained about the "starters, but like you told me ..."you are glad when the starter is present and ok but sad when he goes down and you are left with the lack of quality proven depth. :)"

Been drinking some of that "homer-juice" have we?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
Behind him we have Tucker (looking bad in camp), Vollers (swing player can play left or right..utility player but servicable). That is why there is concern because at the RT position there is no proven starter with just a little proven (vollers) depth. However, Rogers is young and strong with a tough attitude so we will see but thus far looks decent..but its early.

Promising rookies ...next! Come RD! Your stomach must really be feeling the effects of that huge expanding blue realitypill.:laugh2:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
We have other worries to be sure..but these two positions rank among the highest in priority with one possibly being able to be addressed inside but another probably needing to be addressed from outside..we will see ..now its your turn!!!

Listen RD, I believe you've been fair with me and my Eagle perspectives, so I'm going to do the same for you. I just hope that Huge blue reality pill desolves before it's too late!

Here's the honest analysis that you've been asking for all along (as honest as you'll get) ...

I've enjoyed using the "depth" analogies in discussing our respective team's weaknesses -- both teams need tweaking in certain areas. We'll just have to wait and hope that some of the rookies take up the slack.

Sounds like both our defensive squads are intact, sound and ready to rock. May I wish you much success this year ...perhaps not as much as with the Eagles, but I'm sure you can identify with that sentiment.

It's been a real good experience discussing this matter with you my friend. Here's a parting gesture (see you around) ...:bow:

Now come get some
douglas_640_480.jpg

:)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
ROYDESTROY said:
You talk good -- I like how you attempt to punish your reader diplomatically. Reminds me of someone ...oh, yeah, me! That's for the warning about that ...now slightly larger Blue pill -- I've regurgitated it before the psyllium husk fiber or guar gum-like expansion took place; and before I passed the depth Problem over to you. You have enough to worry about should your star QB go down (hopefully he doesn't). Can Drew or Romo pick Up the gauntlet? You see as you so eliquently pointed out to me, depth is one thing, quality depth is something else! Watch out for that blitz!

Appreciate the kind words m8..But can McChuck not puke and heave in the biggest game of his career and what if he goes down is there really any proven depth behind him? I think if he does any hopes of a competitive season goes down the pooper...just as if Manning or Culpepper goes down. Drew B is rarely injured and yes if he goes down we are probably screwed just like the birds..at least I am honest. :) I never claimed our team had alot of quality depth..actually I was simply arguing against the homer notion that the Eagles had proven quality depth at every position.

BTW..once you swallow you cannot regurgitate and certainly not reiterate this argument the proper way :)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
ROYDESTROY said:
Sounds like you've got some experience on your OL. But let's talk about that slightly larger growing (now) blue reality pill. Three probowlers does not an OL make (said in my best Yoda-speaking voice; Star Wars character if you didn't know).

Al Johnson the center - Depth = Andre Gurode
Rogers - right tackle (shoulder surgery in 2004; is he 100%?) Depth = ?
__________ - left tackle ? - Depth = ?

I know you explained about the "starters, but like you told me ..."you are glad when the starter is present and ok but sad when he goes down and you are left with the lack of quality proven depth. :)"

Been drinking some of that "homer-juice" have we?

I left the JUG of homer juice for you to wash down the fact that the mighty Eagles are not perfect. :)

Two Simple Things:

1) I never indicated Dallas had quality depth at all positions, you are attempting to argue against a straw man. I simply brought out some real weaknesses on the fallaciously presupposed "deep" Eagles team..nothing more and nothing less. You cannot turn the argument against me when I never argued this point..that is true homer logic :) My argument was never that any given NFL team will have proven depth at every position or they are a poor team..rather it was a criticism of the assumption that the Eagles have proven talent at every position because they somehow drafted better than anyone else which is nonsense ask Freddy :) And to save your time.. no our team has faired worse in the last decade in that regard so cheer up.

2) If you do a close read..i answered all of your depth questions in my original post but since you failed to read the post properly I will offer a recap. However, I will allow you no latitude on making your assertion of O-line weakness as a matter of depth..you simply argued our O-line had weaknesses not particulary in terms of depth.

1) Center: Is either Al Johnson or Gurode both looking very goos in camp. Quality depth here if Gurode translates good play into the season.

2) LT: Flozell Adams: Pro Bowl caliber..manhandling DL at camp. Pettitti.green but monster size and has talent will work behind Adams.

3) RT: Rogers : has healed and is much stronger..you can look through all the Rogers post on the Zone. He looks impressive thus far and is the favorite to win the job. He young but is growing under the tutelege of Rivera. Vollers: utility Tackle that can swing as back-up on right or left..is proven as a player..not great but is serviacable given an injury.

4) LG : Allen: Need not say more..Pro Bowl. Noll: young player who has started with mixed results but appears to have upside..still needs work. Tyson Walter: utility Guard to provide depth can play but is not great.

5) RG: Rivera: Xcellent player: Pro Bowl. Peterman looks like the eventual replacement is mean and nasty and looks good this year. Walters: utility guard.

We do have camp fodder and maybe a few other works in progress but nothing other than that on the roster. But I will say our starting 5 will perhaps be one of the best O-lines in the NFL with only RT as a potential weakness. I use the language of "potential" because Rogers doe not look just good but impressive at the position thus far but we shall see.

My comment that you underscore was in retort to your obvious denial that the WR posed you any problems depth-wise which you would not rightfully admit..so nice try but I never argued your application of the statement..thats more homer logic :)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
ROYDESTROY said:
Promising rookies ...next! Come RD! Your stomach must really be feeling the effects of that huge expanding blue realitypill.:laugh2:

Cannot see where you are lifting this but if I used the term "promising" it is just that "potential" and nothing proven. Remember, your entire counter-argument is based on a premise I never argued this is the Cowboys are deep depth wise at every position..I mean have you not read posts on the Zone..therefore..your attempt logically fails but nice try. When I employ the term "promising" I do not mean proven simply "potential". :)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
ROYDESTROY said:
Listen RD, I believe you've been fair with me and my Eagle perspectives, so I'm going to do the same for you. I just hope that Huge blue reality pill desolves before it's too late!

Here's the honest analysis that you've been asking for all along (as honest as you'll get) ...

I've enjoyed using the "depth" analogies in discussing our respective team's weaknesses -- both teams need tweaking in certain areas. We'll just have to wait and hope that some of the rookies take up the slack.

Sounds like both our defensive squads are intact, sound and ready to rock. May I wish you much success this year ...perhaps not as much as with the Eagles, but I'm sure you can identify with that sentiment.

It's been a real good experience discussing this matter with you my friend. Here's a parting gesture (see you around) ...:bow:

Now come get some
douglas_640_480.jpg

:)

I enjoy the dialogue as well bro..no disrespect and actually not much difference here on opinion on both our teams. We are a team trying to get things better, deeper and right but certainly have a longer ways to go than the Eagles as of this moment. I can admit the truth and no homerisms from me on any matter.

Now, the Eagles honestly are having internal problems, and do not always address every position properly as assumed by some Eagles homers because of the recent success of the starters. They are the team to beat as of now in the NFC but we will all have to wait and see what we have this year as oppossed to last.

We could not get but so much worse and have landed to be what looks like a franchise changing draft. That with the development of impact players JJ, Witten and our offensive lineman (Rogers & Peterman, Johnson/Gurode at Center) and upgrades in free agency (Henry, Glenn, ferguson, Rivera, Bledsoe) we should field a much better and competitive team.

Anything is possible and we have way too many questions to answer before we think contention is in our grasp. I am very honest concerning this matter, but we may suprise a lot of teams once our young talent develops in the season. So I honestly do not know what we have but it looks much better from young talent and older proven talent across the board.

The Eagles to me are in internal turmiol..no need to homer over this fact..they have a seious depth issues at WR and RB and may or may not have an answer in their rookies (Brown,Moats). They did lose a few good players and some critical role players on both offense and defense. T.O. is now a cancer to the team..and that cannot help team chemistry. The team is getting older too at key positions but I will admit until another team takes over they are still the team to beat. However, this season we are yet to see the team so we will not know just what the Eagles are this year (operative word) and we do not know what other teams are yet either by way of comparison. Time will tell but it will be fun either way. :)

Chow :)