News: PJM: For the Cowboys and Dak Prescott, the Metrics No Longer Make a Lick of Sense

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pot calling Kettle.... :laugh:

Practice what you Preach ..Do you want us to draft the 85 Bears Defense?

Or did Prescott develop into an MVP Runner Up?

Is this @shabazz from 2022

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/dc-dak-prescott-turn-the-page-full-interview.493440/page-2

Dak Haters DO NOT deserve a place at the table when selecting a Franchise QB.

They were overcome with weirdness after Cowboys Lockerroom chose Prescott in 2016

Repent I might forgive your sins spend your time wisely :lmao2:
Damn Shsbszz QCard brought the receipts…

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
What the Cowboys pay Prescott or even if they care to sign him at all, it’s all the Cowboys’ decision. If Dak ends up overpaid it can only be because Jerry Jones authorized it. If NFL owners, Jerry Jones is one of them, are hoping for any player or any player’s agent to arrest escalating player compensation they’re going to be disappointed.
Markets don't only go one way. Corrections are a FEATURE of the market, not a bug.

shabazz

Reaction score
Damn Shsbszz QCard brought the receipts…
You should try reading that thread. Where in this phrase am I contradicting myself?

"My present hope is that we draft our way to being the 85 bears defense incarnate. But I agree that they don't have to win the Lombardi for us to remain fans. I give nothing but my spare time so I'm owed nothing"

Qcard

Reaction score
You should try reading that thread. Where in this phrase am I contradicting myself?

"My present hope is that we draft our way to being the 85 bears defense incarnate. But I agree that they don't have to win the Lombardi for us to remain fans. I give nothing but my spare time so I'm owed nothing"
"Contradictioning myself" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Squirrel!!!!

Deal the with the Facts!!

Do you still think the Cowboys should have drafted the equivalent of the 85 Bears Defense?

Did you make this statement in 2022 when you assumed Prescott could never play at an MVP Runner Up level?

Dak Haters Metrics over the past 8 Years never made a Lick of Sense!!!

But oh yeah!!! Dak Hate is about Football Metrics.....:lmao::lmao:

Verdict

Reaction score
This is not going to change whether we pay Dak or don't. The holes existed when he was on a rookie contract, they existed before he was even here and they are going to exist after he's gone. The holes are there because the Joneses choose to not participate in an aspect of team building, filling those holes with quality free agents.

We can get to the playoffs with those holes primarily because of the really good players we've gotten in the draft, but the playoff teams we face have filled their holes with quality FAs while we have not, and it comes back to bite us.

So many fans were happy to see Dan Quinn leave after this season, and Quinn definitely deserves some criticism, but Quinn also was forced to play a safety at linebacker because the GM of this team didn't fill that hole when LVE went down. He was forced to cover for a starting CB playing with a separated shoulder. He had to adjust his scheme for not having the type of DTs that wreak havoc on the inside. Quinn wasn't playing with a loaded deck. He had some very nice tools, but also weak links to be exploited.

The front office is the problem, but we get caught up in making this player or that player the scapegoat. Complete teams have won Super Bowls with less than Dak, with less than Romo, but this team has never been complete because the front office won't finish it when it's primed to compete.
Most of the teams that have won a SB recently have had a QB or a defense capable of carrying them, or both.

shabazz

Reaction score
"Contradictioning myself" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Squirrel!!!!

Deal the with the Facts!!

Do you still think the Cowboys should have drafted the equivalent of the 85 Bears Defense?

Did you make this statement in 2022 when you assumed Prescott could never play at an MVP Runner Up level?

Dak Haters Metrics over the past 8 Years never made a Lick of Sense!!!

But oh yeah!!! Dak Hate is about Football Metrics.....:lmao::lmao:
Of course I wish the Cowboys had drafted the 85 bears incarnate!

Who wouldn't?

Not sure what point you are struggling to make though.....I blame the public school system for this type of thing.

Reading comprehension remains a problem as does the inability to articulate a thought properly.....tragically they have only mastered the use of emojis

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
you overpay good in hopes he'll be great for several games in a row? a feat he's never done?
It wouldnt be an overpay given what other qbs are getting, and Dak has played good enough to win in 3 of his 5 playoff losses. Other parts of the team, coaching, and front office share a lot of the blame.

Qcard

Reaction score
Of course I wish the Cowboys had drafted the 85 bears incarnate!

Who wouldn't?

Not sure what point you are struggling to make though.....I blame the public school system for this type of thing.

Reading comprehension remains a problem as does the inability to articulate a thought properly.....tragically they have only mastered the use of emojis
Oh...so your hope was that the in year 2022 AD the Cowboys draft was 1985 Bears incarnate because

A) their franchise QB Dak was inept

B) their franchise QB Dak would develop into MVP Runner Up

C) I am a Dak Hater

D) All the Above

I am trying comprehend your narrative :lmao2: :lmao2:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It wouldnt be an overpay given what other qbs are getting, and Dak has played good enough to win in 3 of his 5 playoff losses. Other parts of the team, coaching, and front office share a lot of the blame.
then "this mix" doesn't work.

how long do you drag "this mix" on in hopes next time they'll finally get it right?

Surfguy

Reaction score
May have already been said but Tom Brady picked his top 5 (or top 4) just recently and Dak was not among his choices. So, why we going to pay him like a top 5? :thumbdown:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
then "this mix" doesn't work.

how long do you drag "this mix" on in hopes next time they'll finally get it right?
I think adding Zimmer (and actually carrying linebackers) are good additions. I would have more optimism for this season if the front office had brought in one or two impact free agents though. Ideally, we would get an actual gm that would add free agents, but the Jones’ arent going anywhere. Secondly, run it back with the same nucleus and hope to get a favorable run. Restarting at qb is a distant third for me.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
This is not going to change whether we pay Dak or don't. The holes existed when he was on a rookie contract, they existed before he was even here and they are going to exist after he's gone. The holes are there because the Joneses choose to not participate in an aspect of team building, filling those holes with quality free agents.

We can get to the playoffs with those holes primarily because of the really good players we've gotten in the draft, but the playoff teams we face have filled their holes with quality FAs while we have not, and it comes back to bite us.

So many fans were happy to see Dan Quinn leave after this season, and Quinn definitely deserves some criticism, but Quinn also was forced to play a safety at linebacker because the GM of this team didn't fill that hole when LVE went down. He was forced to cover for a starting CB playing with a separated shoulder. He had to adjust his scheme for not having the type of DTs that wreak havoc on the inside. Quinn wasn't playing with a loaded deck. He had some very nice tools, but also weak links to be exploited.

The front office is the problem, but we get caught up in making this player or that player the scapegoat. Complete teams have won Super Bowls with less than Dak, with less than Romo, but this team has never been complete because the front office won't finish it when it's primed to compete.

lolz !! Typical Davidian Fear post . Amazing that their able to cross the street !

The holes EXISTED because we have OVERPAID this choker in the past .

Where was the holes his rookie year ?? Pure Nonsense .

Get used to it being Dak's last year and welcome to the COWBOYS forum , not the Chokota Forum

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Most of the teams that have won a SB recently have had a QB or a defense capable of carrying them, or both.
The Rams had a QB who was as "bad" as Dak when he was with Detroit. Put him on a more complete, then boom, instant success. Philadelphia won with Nick Foles as its QB. Tampa Bay won with Brady, but because of it had a top defense when Brady was no longer at the top of his game. Only Kansas City and New England had QBs capable of carrying them.

Qcard

Reaction score
May have already been said but Tom Brady picked his top 5 (or top 4) just recently and Dak was not among his choices. So, why we going to pay him like a top 5? :thumbdown:
Yeah...

Tom Brady took that last L with class....if only he had the Greatest Defensive Coach on the sideline :laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In the end, it's Dak's turn to get paid. It will always seem like it's too much but it's just the price of doing QB business in the NFL. In a couple of years, it will not seem so outrageous.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
With or without Dak, this team isn’t sniffing an NFCG appearance. The Joneses don’t know how to build a championship team, they just pay the flashy players to market The franchise. It would be another mistake paying a good QB market setting money but it won’t make a difference in the end if he is extended or not…unfortunately.
Agreed. As important as a quarterback is to the success of an NFL team, coaches can, and will, exploit weaknesses in other areas. Landry used the great pursuit by the Dolphins defense against them by running the backs the other way after faking a run one way. Knew Craig Morton was an immobile quarterback so he put on a heavy pass rush and caused tons of turnovers. Jimmy used the Great Wall to bludgeon the Bills' smallish DL and control the ball, then striking with passes to Irvin and Novacek.

Let's say Dak plays lights out in the upcoming playoffs. Is our miserable (at this point) run defense going to give Dak the ball enough or will the other team control the clock and make Dallas like the early 90's Bills, force the Bills to score every time they had the ball, and with their style of offense that just didn't work.

Would Aikman be a 3 time SB winner without Emmitt and Michael? Probably not. Russell Wilson went to 2 SBs with the no. 1 defense, without that, he never made it.

Yes, Dak isn't getting it done, but I have zero faith in Jerry being able to fashion a SB winning team even if he had Staubach, Aikman and Meredith all rolled into one as his quarterback....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ok, so we let Dak walk.

We now have to eat $40 million on next year's cap for a player no longer with the team and we also have no viable replacement on the roster.

Whats the plan? The draft?

2025 is one of the worst drafts for QBs in some time, you basically got 3 guys that would even remotely be considered day 1 starters and even then they are not considered "elite". You got Deion's boy in Colorado, you got Ewers from my beloved Longhorns, and you got Beck from Georgia.............and with Dak playing this year, we are going to be too low anyways to get one of these guys without mortgaging the future moving up from the 20s to the top 5.

So, again, what is the plan? Lance? He is not ready and making him the starter could lead to a non-playoff season, something Jerry is totally against because he said the most important thing was for the Cowboys to be hanging around the rim. You are not hanging around the rim if you are a lottery team, so Jerry would not be signing off on a possible tank season.

So, whats the plan if we let Dak walk knowing that Lance is not ready and we are going to be picking too low in the draft to get one of the studs? You see, the decision to let Dak walk is not as easy as some make it out to be when you start considering the alternatives.
Ain't happening, but I would let Dak play out his contract, re-sign Rush (as long as he doesn't get nuts on his demands) and play him next year. Then draft a qb in 2026. Meanwhile re-sign Lance for a short-term deal (again, as long as he's reasonable, which I think he would be, having to go to a third team and learn another new offense isn't very appealing) and see if he can develop some more, maybe play him some in games if possible.

But I doubt Jerry would do that, Rush isn't a "star", he needs a "star" at qb for fan interest....