News: PJM: For the Cowboys and Dak Prescott, the Metrics No Longer Make a Lick of Sense

NotForLong

Reaction score
I agree but with Dak we KNOW our chances of a playoff is pretty high, very high in fact. With a rookie or Russell Wilson, Justin Field type, we will struggle to even make the playoffs. That's what's interesting about those complaining about Dak can't win in the playoffs. GETTING TO PLAYOFFS puts you near the doorstep of the Super Bowl. Without the playoffs ........you locked out the fence (lol) with zero chance.
Your claim that they can not make the playoffs without Dak is unfounded. But an early exit with Dak is a foregone conclusion

NotForLong

Reaction score
You don't pay a slightly above average QB like he's better than Patrick Mahomes.

You definitely don't pay three players a total of $130-140 million per year.

Which one do you let go? The old QB in decline? The young pup defensive phenom without a filter? Or the star receiver who is easiest to replace in the draft?

The Cowboys are in quite the conundrum.
Takes a WR 3 years to mature and when and if He does. No guarantees He is a CD Lamb
Lamb is not the easiest to replace in the Draft

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Watch CeeDee running a 2 yd drag route and then have 15 yds of open field because they've run off the other defenders. Watch Pollard run the wheel and have a 4 yd pass go to the house because defenders are cleared out. Keep in mind the simplest route they cannot run, being when CBs are 10-13 yds off a WR the quick out/slant Dak will not throw. because IF HES OFF TARGET it goes the other way. The TE beats a LB and runs for 15yds why? Play design .
I had my issues with KM but he keeps getting hired for a reason.
kellen with the eagles should be interesting

NumOneQB

Reaction score
So the story doesn’t give Dak any credit for being a big reason why they’ve had so many 12 win seasons? Let him go and how many do you have? How many post seasons do you go to without him? Now post season success is another issue and Dak certainly has been a big reason why they’ve failed to advance.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So the story doesn’t give Dak any credit for being a big reason why they’ve had so many 12 win seasons? Let him go and how many do you have? How many post seasons do you go to without him? Now post season success is another issue and Dak certainly has been a big reason why they’ve failed to advance.
I don't think Dak is nearly as a big a reason for 12 wins seasons as you guys like to imply.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I thought all those savings carried over but our Cap doesn't seem to grow. I always say they should have just paid him in those years and they would not be in this situation of having all this dead money
it does carry over, but normal course of process is how you structure contracts and then redo contracts with upfront money to open cap space.
the fact that we had those available and didn't sign anyone should tell us what we need to know about Jerry jones. that's why we are also one of the lowest cash spending teams in the league in the past decade.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
How about applying the Restricted Franchise Tag Rather then the nonfranchise which kept the Cowboys from knowing the true market value of Dak and or gaining 2 number 1s
Good call. I forgot about that one. Huge opportunity missed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You don't pay a slightly above average QB like he's better than Patrick Mahomes.

You definitely don't pay three players a total of $130-140 million per year.

Which one do you let go? The old QB in decline? The young pup defensive phenom without a filter? Or the star receiver who is easiest to replace in the draft?

The Cowboys are in quite the conundrum.
You do not pay mansion price for a trailer just because the trailer park shares a zip code with the gated community.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is nearly as a big a reason for 12 wins seasons as you guys like to imply.
Of the past 3 seasons where we won 12 games Dak has only been a part of the 12 wins in 1 of them.

Dak fans desperately want to credit him with the 5 wins Cooper Rush got us.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Can you make a post without referencing “Dak fans” or Dak?
When are y'all leaving? Towards the end of the season or when Dak officially signs somewhere else?

Have you Dak fans figured out the evacuation plan yet?

I’ll stop referencing you Dak fans when Dak or yall leave. Whichever comes first.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When are y'all leaving? Towards the end of the season or when Dak officially signs somewhere else?

Have you Dak fans figured out the evacuation plan yet?

I’ll stop referencing you Dak fans when Dak or yall leave. Whichever comes first.
We got it all planned out. First, Cowboys will let Dak go and sign Lance to a Baker Mayfield type deal.

Second, he will go get signed by some trash team….hell maybe even XFL.

Third, we will follow him to the XFL.

Now what are you trolls gonna do? What’s your evacuation plan?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We got it all planned out. First, Cowboys will let Dak go and sign Lance to a Baker Mayfield type deal.

Second, he will go get signed by some trash team….hell maybe even XFL.

Third, we will follow him to the XFL.

Now what are you trolls gonna do? What’s your evacuation plan?
The plan is to become a Lance hater if he proves to be a loser like Dak and Romo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea, I'm a little surprised at Daboll. If I'm the GM in New York, I'm telling him show me something this year or it's over.
That’s what I’m thinking. Sucks though he has to do it with Daniel Jones. I’m not sure if that’s his arrogance or the Giants arrogance.