News: PJM: For the Cowboys and Dak Prescott, the Metrics No Longer Make a Lick of Sense

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think adding Zimmer (and actually carrying linebackers) are good additions. I would have more optimism for this season if the front office had brought in one or two impact free agents though. Ideally, we would get an actual gm that would add free agents, but the Jones’ arent going anywhere. Secondly, run it back with the same nucleus and hope to get a favorable run. Restarting at qb is a distant third for me.
that's just it. they are doing nothing for this year except treading water. if ceedee signs, then they have long term plans for him. but to me, its a contradiction because you're doing to get a new qb if they don't give dak most of dallas anyway.

which they shouldn't do in either case.

we need a balance. we simply don't have that. just a lot of pieces that no one can make fit.

T-RO

Reaction score
PJ Media: "Paying a very good player like he’s the league’s best player depletes your funds and wrecks your depth. It leaves you with a team that — when healthy — is certainly capable of a 12-win regular season, but once it gets to the playoffs, its holes and weak links are just too easy to exploit.Especially against a clever, tactical head coach, like a Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco."
Kinda gotta agree.

I like Dak as a top eight QB, but I'm honestly hoping the team moves on.

UncleRico

Reaction score
I hate the narrative that he loses in the playoffs..

He's lost every single difficult game.
for the past three seasons. He's had the luxury of a defense that allows under 20 points a game and has led the NFL in scoring. The luxury of a defense that delivers turnovers with great field position for him.
He's has had stout OLs, some of the best weapons at receiver, top TEs, and some of the best minds in the NFL constantly designing plays to get people open early. Pollard pre injury who could take it to the house from anywhere.

This year will be different, we'll go .500 in division at best and the rest of the schedule could be worse.
Dak should come to the realization soon he needs to seek a trade to a place who will give him a multi year deal NOW before he attempts to play here this season. When he preforms badly the fans will boo, the team will turn on him as well, and his value will plummet.
While I know it seems like that, especially since we are coming off terrible GB loss, but we have 13 wins against playoff teams the last 3 seasons, 5 against division winners/top 4 seeds, which is pretty damn good. It really does come down to the playoffs.

Last edited:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Kinda gotta agree.

I like Dak as a top eight QB, but I'm honestly hoping the team moves on.
More than 8 QBs have made it to Conference title games in Dak's career while he has never made it there. He's not top 8 in results.