Plane crashes into Austin office building

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
trickblue;3281265 said:
I'm a consultant and am onsite today. One of my friends here is from Austin and her mom worked in that building until she retired last year.

Her mom called her former boss and it appears that it was over a court case in which the IRS testified and won.

Her mom said that is exactly why she would never testify in court on any case.

You're in Austin? And a consultant for what?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
trickblue;3281265 said:
I'm a consultant and am onsite today. One of my friends here is from Austin and her mom worked in that building until she retired last year.

Her mom called her former boss and it appears that it was over a court case in which the IRS testified and won.

Her mom said that is exactly why she would never testify in court on any case.

I'm not surprised that it's of this nature and it pisses me off.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I'm near the campus area (right by the stadium) and sirens are going crazy.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Oh, great, the Austin police chief is going to be giving the press conference. He's one crooked S.O.B. He came from LA, if that gives you any indication....

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
New reports are saying the pilot stole the plane. IRS is the "last chance" place when people are about to lose a home or a plane... So this was retaliation at its finest.

Holy smoke.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Witnesses are saying that the guy set fire to a cat first and then set fire to the house.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Even if it was an IRS building, not sure what the people inside or the cat did to him personally that would deserve this.

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...2010/02/18/official_crash_was_apparently.html

Official: Crash was ‘apparently a criminal act’

Thursday, February 18, 2010, 12:00 PM

An Federal Aviation Administration spokesman said the crash was “apparently a criminal act” and that in such a case the FBI would be the lead investigating agency rather than the National Transportation Safety Administration.

“The NTSB investigates accidents,” said Paul Turk, assistant director of public affairs for the FAA.

Turk could not confirm that the plane that hit the building belonged to Joseph Andrew Stack, the private plane pilot whose nearby home was on fire at roughly the same time.

“We don’t have a tail number for the aircraft involved,” Turk said.

The pilot of the plane that crashed did not file a flight plan or, as far as FAA officials know at this time, have any other contact with the agency.

Get the latest crime reports in your neighborhood with the Statesman's Crime Tracker.

ethiostar

Reaction score
joseephuss;3281285 said:
Witnesses are saying that the guy set fire to a cat first and then set fire to the house.

Ok, maybe i shouldn't be too surprised seeing how he intentionally crushed into an office building and he probably killed people in the process but ***?

I don't mean to put an animal's life over a human's but maybe in his twisted mind that the entire office building was somewhat responsible but what the **** did the cat do to him.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My office is about 1/2 mile from where the plane hit. Pretty crazy.

Local radio show had a guy call in and said that he took his son to the fire this morning (the guys house) so that he could let his son watch what firemen do. A neighbor came up to him and said he better start praying because the guy set his house on fire, and has a plane and is planning to kill himself.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
numnuts23;3281298 said:
My office is about 1/2 mile from where the plane hit. Pretty crazy.

Local radio show had a guy call in and said that he took his son to the fire this morning (the guys house) so that he could let his son watch what firemen do. A neighbor came up to him and said he better start praying because the guy set his house on fire, and has a plane and is planning to kill himself.

What's funny is that the news is so slow on reporting this, but folks on the internet are on top of it.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CowboyMcCoy;3281306 said:
What's funny is that the news is so slow on reporting this, but folks on the internet are on top of it.

Yup, times have changed.

Whats weird is our lease came up where I'm currently at, and we were suppose to be moving over there about 3 weeks ago to that complex, but we had a last minute agreement in the negotiations for this place we're at now.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3281306 said:

These are the times we live in.

The "news" is a little slower because they're trying to get things verified.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
There was a 6 page letter from the guy talking about the economy and how he had a hard time finding a job, etc. News calls it a "rant".

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3281270 said:
You're in Austin? And a consultant for what?

No... I live in Austin... I am onsite elsewhere...

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Now this idiot police chief is saying it is irresponsible journalism saying that the plane was not stolen. When asked why we shouldn't be worried since it was an isolated incident he said, "you'll just have to take my word for it."