Players Cowboys show interest in 2022 draft

Malhavoc

Reaction score
At this point I would be shocked if Burks isn’t the pick if he’s available. I think the fall back guys are Zion and Green. Very good options if it comes to that. Get your guy.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
At this point I would be shocked if Burks isn’t the pick if he’s available. I think the fall back guys are Zion and Green. Very good options if it comes to that. Get your guy.

If for whatever reason we go reciever in R1, I’d go Pickens over Burks all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

There’s no doubt in my mind Pickens has the better NFL career barring injury.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why?

Dak didn't like the Dez type WR that does not know how to run routes.

Carson

Reaction score
If for whatever reason we go reciever in R1, I’d go Pickens over Burks all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

100% facts! Huge fan of Pickens

Malhavoc

Reaction score

That’s your opinion. I have no doubt in my mind that Burks is the better prospect. He could be the most dynamic WR in the class. This fiction that Burks in not a top prospect is insane. Almost every reputable expert has him as 1 of the top 5 WR’s in the class. I guarantee you Burks is a 1st round prospect for this team. Anyone who doesn’t think he will be in play if available hasn’t been paying attention.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That’s your opinion. I have no doubt in my mind that Burks is the better prospect. He could be the most dynamic WR in the class. This fiction that Burks in not a top prospect is insane. Almost every reputable expert has him as 1 of the top 5 WR’s in the class. I guarantee you Burks is a 1st round prospect for this team. Anyone who doesn’t think he will be in play if available hasn’t been paying attention.

Thanks for weighing in Mrs. Burks.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Yup. Better athlete, better route runner and better hands.

If the injury checks out and he had a better QB in college he’d be a 1st round lock this year.

Still don’t want a WR in the 1st. But Pickens is better than Burks.

Gaede

Reaction score

If the injury checks out and he had a better QB in college he’d be a 1st round lock this year.

I get that Pickens is a better natural talent than Burks. I don't think there's any question there. But injuries and production also matter when talking about any prospect. And I don't see how you can rate Pickens as indisputably better than Burks, when he hasn't actually proven it at all

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I get that Pickens is a better natural talent than Burks. I don't think there's any question there. But injuries and production also matter when talking about any prospect. And I don't see how you can rate Pickens as indisputably better than Burks, when he hasn't actually proven it at all

Because the draft is about projecting talent at the next level. Production is part of that but it is not the sole measure as there are so many factors that can impact the numbers.

Take QB play for instance. In 2020, Pickens played with three different QBs that threw for just 2,499 yards combined and 19 TDs/11 INTs.

Pickens played in all 14 games as a freshman and produced (All-Freshman Team + Newcomer of the Year Award), then played in 8 of the 10 games played in 2020. He tore his ACL in 2021 in spring practice and still made it back to play in the team’s final four games.

I’m not sure where he has an injury concerns. He’s fully healthy now. There are surely receivers in the draft that made it through their whole college career without major injury, but that doesn’t make them a better prospect than Pickens. For me, it’s his advance level of route running, his body control, et cetera that sets him apart.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Laughable

cnuball21

Reaction score

100% agree on the injuries…if there are medical concerns than I’m much much lower on him.

If not, everything about his game and profile translates better to the NFL than Burks. College production is a piece of the puzzle - but it’s also heavily dependent on scheme, QB, offense etc…

cnuball21

Reaction score
Because the draft is about projecting talent at the next level. Production is part of that but it is not the sole measure as there are so many factors that can impact the numbers.

Take QB play for instance. In 2020, Pickens played with three different QBs that threw for just 2,499 yards combined and 19 TDs/11 INTs.

Pickens played in all 14 games as a freshman and produced (All-Freshman Team + Newcomer of the Year Award), then played in 8 of the 10 games played in 2020. He tore his ACL in 2021 in spring practice and still made it back to play in the team’s final four games.

I’m not sure where he has an injury concerns. He’s fully healthy now. There are surely receivers in the draft that made it through their whole college career without major injury, but that doesn’t make them a better prospect than Pickens. For me, it’s his advance level of route running, his body control, et cetera that sets him apart.

Bingo…better articulated than me lol.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I know you're a fan Willie. What do you feel Burks ceiling and floor is?
For the most part, I agree with a lot of your points made about Treylon. He needs to improve as a route-runner and as we all know, that will be a problem with this QB. He also didnt test well in the vert, so I dont buy the Dez comparison.

When I first watched him, I saw AJ brown, but I dont know if he can make the seamless transition to the outside like AJ did.

I like the Deebo comparison the most, but I do have concerns that KM can use him properly

I do think he would improve our RZ offense which goes largely ignored by a lot of this fanbase

Gaede

Reaction score

That's all well and good. But I see a guy who has performed less and less each year.

Obviously, we can't project injuries at the next level, but it's typically a red flag when a prospect's best season, for whatever reason, was three years ago. I see the decline in production and that's a factor in the overall evaluation and projection.