Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2019

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Is it just me or seems like there's a heavy combine emphasis on secondary

Not really. They have been pretty well evenly spread out.

They don't seem to be like some other teams, like KC and Houston who are basically announcing to the world that all the CBs belong to them.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Juan Thornhill would be intriguing for us to play S. Explosive athlete with playmaking abilities which is much needed.

I believe 11 S ran a sub 4.5 which we could use some better athletes in the backend so I think we can most definitely get better here.

As a whole this class of athletes is very impressive, and I think we have position coaches the get the most from these players so I would love to get more athletic up front and in the secondary and coach them up.

Alexander

Reaction score
really like Miss St S Jonathan Abram.
You should.

But you can add him to the list of guys that won't make it to #58 unless they get caught with dead hookers and blow on draft eve.

Alexander

Reaction score
Juan Thornhill would be intriguing for us to play S. Explosive athlete with playmaking abilities which is much needed.

I believe 11 S ran a sub 4.5 which we could use some better athletes in the backend so I think we can most definitely get better here.

As a whole this class of athletes is very impressive, and I think we have position coaches the get the most from these players so I would love to get more athletic up front and in the secondary and coach them up.
Thornhill is another quality prospect.

This might be a draft where we need to be aggressive if we want the player.

In the past, we always thought we could be sly and wait around.

Well, when we have done that, we get panicky when our player goes before where we pick.

That is exactly why this draft makes me nervous. We have no capital.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Without a first and I believe only 6 picks it limits what you can do in moving around the draft. Now things can change a lot if we go into FA and fill those needs.

Alexander

Reaction score
that's the spirit.
Just being honest.

We are really looking at a lot of players that have zero chance of making it all the way the #58.

This is uncharted territory for this franchise recently.

They all pride themselves on how they value the draft. Well, they busted this one for Amari Cooper.

We will see how that works out. It might have salvaged our season last year but at the end of the day, all it paid off in is one step beyond the wildcard round. Cooper has to continue to produce to provide value.

And before you get all comfortable, it might be time to remind you that the last time we had no first rounder was the disaster draft of 2009.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Just being honest.

We are really looking at a lot of players that have zero chance of making it all the way the #58.

This is uncharted territory for this franchise recently.

They all pride themselves on how they value the draft. Well, they busted this one for Amari Cooper.

We will see how that works out. It might have salvaged our season last year but at the end of the day, all it paid off in is one step beyond the wildcard round. Cooper has to continue to produce to provide value.

And before you get all comfortable, it might be time to remind you that the last time we had no first rounder was the disaster draft of 2009.
last year at this time,if you had told me OG Connor Williams would be our selection in Rd 2 I'd say you were high.
every draft players fall...and not the ones hurt or have off-field issues.
as deep as this draft is in the trenches...there will be a solid pick there...DE,DT....or the trench talent will drop a S or WR into our lap.

Alexander

Reaction score
last year at this time,if you had told me OG Connor Williams would be our selection in Rd 2 I'd say you were high.
every draft players fall...and not the ones hurt or have off-field issues.
as deep as this draft is in the trenches...there will be a solid pick there...DE,DT....or the trench talent will drop a S or WR into our lap.
Connor Williams was picked eight spots earlier after we already had a first.

There is a difference between having a second rounder and having the player be our top young new talent being brought in.

This guy will be our first pick. He will get the Jerry Jones star treatment. He will have a jersey available for sale at the team store right away.

cowboyec

Reaction score

There is a difference between having a second rounder and having the player be our top young new talent being brought in.

This guy will be our first pick. He will get the Jerry Jones star treatment. He will have a jersey available for sale at the team store right away.
Im just sayin' you'll be surprised who's available when we pick...hell in the Kiper Invitational Juan Thornhill,DeAndre Walker,Gerald Willis,Renell Wren,LJ Collier,Charles Omenihu,Riley Ridley were all still on the board.
so was Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Agree w this...you never know who will fall.

*meant to agree with being surprised Williams fell*

Alexander

Reaction score
Im just sayin' you'll be surprised who's available when we pick...hell in the Kiper Invitational Juan Thornhill,DeAndre Walker,Gerald Willis,Renell Wren,LJ Collier,Charles Omenihu,Riley Ridley were all still on the board.
so was Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.
I really, really really hate to break it to you.

If you use the Kiper Invitational as a barometer for reality, you need to check yourself.

And some of the players you are suggesting were steals?

Not trying to insult anyone. Just saying.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I really, really really hate to break it to you.

If you use the Kiper Invitational as a barometer for reality, you need to check yourself.

And some of the players you are suggesting were steals?

Not trying to insult anyone. Just saying.
just an example.
circling back...we have 0 idea who is going to be there when we pick.
and if you list all the players everyone is saying won't be there,you run out of teams.
S,DE,DT,WR...some one we don't expect will become a Cowboy.
I'll love it.
you'll love it...maybe.
and I won't say I told you so...because I'm not that kinda guy.

RS12

Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence and Jachai Polite are a couple that I expect to free fall and be there at 58.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
One guy to keep an eye on is Marvel Tell, he is an insane athlete who has been under the worst coaching staff in all of college football. You put him with Kris Richard the kid might be a big time player.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
who has been under the worst coaching staff in all of college football
fair point

I was HUGE on Tell when he signed and his first few years at SC. He's just been a big zero the last two years. Even on a bad defense, with bad coaching, you expect elite players to occasionally flash.

Would still take him over Heath.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
fair point

I was HUGE on Tell when he signed and his first few years at SC. He's just been a big zero the last two years. Even on a bad defense, with bad coaching, you expect elite players to occasionally flash.

Would still take him over Heath.

Problem is that defense doesn't allow players to play please name 1 player that has really progressed on that defense since Clancy has taken over?
Tell is a special athlete who that team has screwed out of Millions and hopefully he can find a coach who can fix him because Clancy is breaking these players man. Perfect example is Cam Smith, dude was a absolute monster as a Freshman and has been an average college LB that people keep hoping he was his Freshman form.

Tell and Richard= Match made in heaven.