Twitter: Players React to Dez Release

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Like Dez will be out of work for more than a week.
Really not the point. PLayers want to be released early so they can get in on FA from the start and have more leverage. This is a respectful thing to do unless you know a trade is imminent. Dez is the all-time TD leader and this was disrespectful. I get no one is crying for him, but it is a bad look for an organization that doesnt have many skins on the wall in the last 20 years. Once they signed Hurns and Thompson, do you really think they were on the fence? TO not even offer a reduction?

It is a Bad look.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Really not the point. PLayers want to be released early so they can get in on FA from the start and have more leverage. This is a respectful thing to do unless you know a trade is imminent. Dez is the all-time TD leader and this was disrespectful. I get no one is crying for him, but it is a bad look for an organization that doesnt have many skins on the wall in the last 20 years. Once they signed Hurns and Thompson, do you really think they were on the fence? TO not even offer a reduction?

It is a Bad look.
It is just a bad of look of what Iganito did with Buffalo by retiring earlier this week. I'm sure he knew after the season, he was thinking about it. If he would have done that say march 1st, Buffalo could have a better chance of replacing their Pro Bowl guard. Now they are stuck with having to do that in the draft. This is a business of both sides. There is no loyalty. Both sides know that.

ESisback

Reaction score
That isn't exactly a chorus of support from players. Okung is an NFLPA guy, Taco is a bust until proven otherwise, and Matt Johnson never really played. LOL

Where's Dak, Zeke, Tyron, Lee, Witten, Romo, Martin, TWill......?

They're all smart enough to stay out of it.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
It is just a bad of look of what Iganito did with Buffalo by retiring earlier this week. I'm sure he knew after the season, he was thinking about it. If he would have done that say march 1st, Buffalo could have a better chance of replacing their Pro Bowl guard. Now they are stuck with having to do that in the draft. This is a business of both sides. There is no loyalty. Both sides know that.
Not the same. Having offers means other teams think the player can play. He continues a career and the team could extract some value at best. THey saved no money or have no competitive advantage releasing him 45 days after FA.

Retirement is ending a career - value reduction on both sides.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Not the same. Having offers means other teams think the player can play. He continues a career and the team could extract some value at best. THey saved no money or have no competitive advantage releasing him 45 days after FA.

Retirement is ending a career - value reduction on both sides.
By releasing him today, I take it you think the cowboys reduced his chances of finding a new team, thus they have no loyalty, thus they screwed him. The bills player retiring out of the blue, left the team with limited options of replacing a pro bowl player, thus the player screwed the team. To me that is exactly the same. Both the player and team were put in a bind, by a decision made by the other party.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Don't care what the NFL nobodies think. Where are the real players?

Who is considered a "real" player??? One who has played in the NFL is a real player...They may not be a GOOD player but they are REAL...

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm SO TIRED of hearing butthurt players crying about being disrespected. Everything offends them. It's a business!
I like Dez, but he was getting top 10 pay for bottom ten production.

It's like NBA's Lebron James--arrogant and cocky, wants the attention, the fame, the fortune, the big time--King James the G.O.A.T., but someone criticizes him, and it's "WAAAHH"!

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez Tweets

"Let's start the process"

If that's not a dig at our pathetic inbred HC I dont know what is.

Its obvious Dez is on a mission now. And we have to live with old Clapper and useless dak

Proof

Reaction score

It is a Bad look.

not to mention the smear campaign. Just a really poor bungling of this from jump. Funny thing is, now that the pedigree and esteem of playing for the Cowboys is gone, the "Jerry' really cares about his guys" appeal is pretty much erased as well.

Cool

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
By releasing him today, I take it you think the cowboys reduced his chances of finding a new team, thus they have no loyalty, thus they screwed him. The bills player retiring out of the blue, left the team with limited options of replacing a pro bowl player, thus the player screwed the team. To me that is exactly the same. Both the player and team were put in a bind, by a decision made by the other party.

FA frenzy is front loaded, yes releasing him cost him money and potentially a team. Incognito was 34 years old and been talking retirement.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Wth is taco talking about, his *** better concentrate on getting a sack this season.

SMDH at his pathetic pass rushing skills. Such BS.