Players: Sense of relief

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No it's not, but rumors rarely are. I'm not saying the players aren't glad he's gone, but it seems like pretty irresponsible "journalism" to make your "intuition" part of the story.
That's part of it. As I said before, players talked about being excited about the change.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Our biggest move of the offseason has happened. We all wanted him gone and now our offense can flourish...hopefully.

Reactions: G2

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Claiming a "sense of relief" is a general comment that can neither be confirmed or refuted, so whether the reporter is portraying this accurately or just making things up, he gets to suck readers in without risk of repercussion.

She had also reported that players were not sold on Linehan and that he lacked creativity. I think she was just being diplomatic and she surely wasn't going to out players that hadn't spoken out publicly. She's pretty plugged into the team and is not prone to sensationalism and the "sense of relief" wording was probably trying to be diplomatic to keep the trust of the players and organization. Just my take based on her take and reporting style with the team.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak signed off on Linehan's release...people should probably be thanking him

If the cowboys are asking Dak whether or not to release Linehan they are worse than we think

This is not Peyton or Brady or Rodgers
Dak has done exactly nothing to be included in this decision

In fact the new OC (and I hope new QB coach) should actually hold his feet to the fire in terms of reading defenses and mechanics

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I'll miss 1st and goal on the 2 yard line and throwing 3 straight incompletions while the NFL's rushing leader is used to block.

Brett Mahr will miss all those field goal opportunities: Wait no he won't, they'll just be extra point tries now.

817Gill

Reaction score
If this is true, then why did Jason Garrett say Linehan was staying as OC?

Does he have that big of a disconnect with his players?
I said this in another thread but Garrett and Linehan are friends and it went a long way off the field for him to have Scott’s back like that. Jason and Jerry know how the players, fans, and media all want Scott gone.

As a friend Jason made a choice to stick his neck out in the media for his good friend. Makes sense

Reaction score
I said this in another thread but Garrett and Linehan are friends and it went a long way off the field for him to have Scott’s back like that. Jason and Jerry know how the players, fans, and media all want Scott gone.

As a friend Jason made a choice to stick his neck out in the media for his good friend. Makes sense
This is why you shouldn't be hiring good friends. Or step-children. (Jerry/Jason).
These relationship should be professional, not personal.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm interpreting it as her interjecting her personal feelings (which may or may not be accurate) into the story.
But she also heard things from players, for whatever that is worth.