Players: Sense of relief

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
The more astute among us have been saying linehan needed to go for years. Not sure why Jerry is always one of the last to know.

I've said it about 8 times the last week and this is the last time, but there were a solid minority of posters and fans on this board that KNEW from the get go this was a garbage hire. Granted, I live in Michigan and saw his tired act with the Lions but anyone with a half ounce of football acumen knew Linehan's O was stale and vanilla. Just wasted the last 5 years of some pretty damn good players, some who are now gone. Shame.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
She wasn't citing an anonymous source, that's my point. She only expressed her impression. Her impression may be well founded, for all I know. Then again, she may be misreading the room.
She actually did, She said she reached out to some of the players and there was a bit of a sense of relief and optimism that they would bring someone to capitalize on some of the strengths.....strengths a lot of them have told me, haven't exactly been utilized. She's not misreading the room, she's reporting on what players have expressed to her.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
She actually did, She said she reached out to some of the players and there was a bit of a sense of relief and optimism that they would bring someone to capitalize on some of the strengths.....strengths a lot of them have told me, haven't exactly been utilized. She's not misreading the room, she's reporting on what players have expressed to her.
Still rather vague, but I admit I missed her last couple of sentences originally.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Still rather vague, but I admit I missed her last couple of sentences originally.
She's usually pretty PC and doesn't come out name players or sensationalize for clicks as some reporters do. If she said what some of them might have actually said, it would probably put them in a more awkward spot and less willing to confide in her in the future. She's been pretty accurate in her past reporting, she just softens the delivery more than many other reporters do. The "vagueness" is a way to protect the players that she talks with.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
She's usually pretty PC and doesn't come out name players or sensationalize for clicks as some reporters do. If she said what some of them might have actually said, it would probably put them in a more awkward spot and less willing to confide in her in the future. She's been pretty accurate in her past reporting, she just softens the delivery more than many other reporters do. The "vagueness" is a way to protect the players that she talks with.
I can respect that, but I'd prefer a little more specificity. Not necessarily giving names, but something to tell me someone actually said something worth repeating.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I can respect that, but I'd prefer a little more specificity. Not necessarily giving names, but something to tell me someone actually said something worth repeating.
I get that and think we would all like to hear more unfiltered thoughts and words from behind closed doors. I think she has to play nicer since she's on the NFL Networks payroll and is just a reporter. I don't think any player wants what they actually think or say out in public, some may say it on their way out the door, but most just give the PC speech.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that's more the case too, she's trying to be diplomatic about player's reactions and down playing their feelings. As I stated earlier, based on her past reporting with the team, she's never sensationalized stories. She's always been pretty understated in how she reports on the Cowboys.

No, there's no abiguity about it, they're not sorry to see him go. "Relieved" isn't a compliment.

kevm3

Reaction score
If we can get our offensive version of Kris Richard, this will at least be an entertaining season to watch. I will be doubly happy if we don't extend Garrett this year, but give him a prove it year. We've give you an excellent defensive coaching staff and now we have an excellent offensive coaching staff. You had better show up this year.

I don't sign Dak to an extension this year unless he comes at a significant discount either. This is a year for the big guns on the team to show up.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if this is true when the players want a change then u get a change the way garrett and the jones handled this was pretty bush league

fansince68

Reaction score
If this is true, then why did Jason Garrett say Linehan was staying as OC?

Does he have that big of a disconnect with his players?
Excellent point. I hope Sean Payton is the replacement for Linehan and Garrett. Both were clueless, unimaginative, and stubborn. Payton can do both jobs.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'll miss 1st and goal on the 2 yard line and throwing 3 straight incompletions while the NFL's rushing leader is used to block.

Brett Mahr will miss all those field goal opportunities: Wait no he won't, they'll just be extra point tries now.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: