Players: Sense of relief

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
"A sense of relief". So nobody actually said they were glad to see him go?
why would anybody say that? What they said speaks loud enough all in itself. That is the only way a coaching change is gonna be made in Dallas. If the players jump ship.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than Hurns classless tweet, did anyone say they were relieved or happy with this move? Hope not, having one classless player is enough.

Is this person reporting actually quoting players or trying to be the story?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Other than Hurns classless tweet, did anyone say they were relieved or happy with this move? Hope not, having one classless player is enough.

Is this person reporting actually quoting players or trying to be the story?

He has plenty of ⌚to count his blessing hike he recovers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But she also heard things from players, for whatever that is worth.
She didn't quote anyone, just said she got the "sense"....One would think if she'd actually heard anyone say anything, she'd at the very least quote an anonymous player.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
OK. I'm seeing her as being kind. And the players celebrating like munchkins that the witch is dead.

But everybody likes to be PC these days.

I think that's more the case too, she's trying to be diplomatic about player's reactions and down playing their feelings. As I stated earlier, based on her past reporting with the team, she's never sensationalized stories. She's always been pretty understated in how she reports on the Cowboys.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
She didn't quote anyone, just said she got the "sense"....One would think if she'd actually heard anyone say anything, she'd at the very least quote an anonymous player.
That hasn't been her style throughout her history reporting on the team. The only player's she mentions are ones that have spoken out publicly, she's not going to out the player's that talk to her. She knows more about this team than she releases publicly, that's why players and people within the organization continue to talk with her.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That hasn't been her style throughout her history reporting on the team. The only player's she mentions are ones that have spoken out publicly, she's not going to out the player's that talk to her. She knows more about this team than she releases publicly, that's why players and people within the organization continue to talk with her.
That's why I used the term "anonymous".

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't know that Dak would be all that happy about this at all. There was no bigger fan of Dak in the building, and he had a really big role in bringing him here. And regardless of what happened, the job Linehan did in 2016 with him was nothing short of masterful, getting a 4th rounder ready to play at a high level with pretty much no lead time.
Mac Engel wrote an interesting column about how it's hard for an OC to look like a genius in a run based offense, and it's especially hard when your QB misses the occasional big plays that you are able to set up perfectly.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article224138555.html

Linehan simply smiled and went down with the ship as Dak checked-down his career into the toilet. The next OC may not be quite as quiet about where the problem lies if the offense remains a problem.

More like Dak extended Linehan's career by 3 years. If Linehan was this miracle worker, there were several other qbs he could have worked his magic on such as his adopted son Kellen Moore, 11 and 5 Matt Cassell, or Mark Sanchez, who beat both the Patriots and Colts. In fact, he could have made Romo get further than Dak in the playoffs.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
No it's not, but rumors rarely are. I'm not saying the players aren't glad he's gone, but it seems like pretty irresponsible "journalism" to make your "intuition" part of the story.
Yeah but name dropping could have occurred and quotes then you just end up painting the picture of a dysfunctional locker room and I think it was just players being happy about the situation. It’s a relief to see a journalist not using the Cowboys coaching change to fuel their narcissism.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
More like Dak extended Linehan's career by 3 years. If Linehan was this miracle worker, there were several other qbs he could have worked his magic on such as his adopted son Kellen Moore, 11 and 5 Matt Cassell, or Mark Sanchez, who beat both the Patriots and Colts. In fact, he could have made Romo get further than Dak in the playoffs.
Dak didn’t extend anything, as a matter of fact if Dak had started out with his second year instead of his first then he would already be in the CFL. The 2016 playcalling went far beyond Dak anyway, literally everything Linehan called worked that year and the Cowboys killed everyone with bootlegs and misdirection.
That’s not to say that Linehan did a great job every year or didn’t deserve to go. But Dak may not like it this go around when his offensive coordinator isn’t someone that fell in love with him at a senior bowl and isn’t enamored with all of his “intangibles” (and expects accurately thrown footballs).

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That's why I used the term "anonymous".
Just because it's anonymous doesn't mean it isn't accurate or that she's imposing her own feelings on the situation. If it would have been some of the other hacks that report on the Cowboys, that may have been the case, but she's pretty measured on how she reports on the team. If anything, she's probably being understated on what some of the players had confided in her. She's never been the rock the boat type, just to get clicks type reporter.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah but name dropping could have occurred and quotes then you just end up painting the picture of a dysfunctional locker room and I think it was just players being happy about the situation. It’s a relief to see a journalist not using the Cowboys coaching change to fuel their narcissism.
Saying something to the effect of, "One player was quoted as saying he's relieved the play calling will improve." isn't feeding one's narcissism. Saying, "I got a sense of relief." is interjecting one's opinion, and is therefore closer to narcissism, IMO.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just because it's anonymous doesn't mean it isn't accurate or that she's imposing her own feelings on the situation. If it would have been some of the other hacks that report on the Cowboys, that may have been the case, but she's pretty measured on how she reports on the team. If anything, she's probably being understated on what some of the players had confided in her. She's never been the rock the boat type, just to get clicks type reporter.
She wasn't citing an anonymous source, that's my point. She only expressed her impression. Her impression may be well founded, for all I know. Then again, she may be misreading the room.