Players the Cowboys have shown interest in

RS12

Reaction score
You can see parts of the interviews on the Cowboys Facebook page. Jerry was tripping all over himself interviewing Kenneth Murray an hour ago.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Love might go ahead of Herbert....I think he is going to top 10.
I believe you are correct and one of Lamb, Jeudy, Kinlaw or Brown will fall to Dallas setting up for a trade down or steal of a player available when they pick.
If one of those four is there you gotta stay put and pick them. Too much pure talent to not take.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear what they think of Baun. Some teams are apparently going to try him at OLB, even in a 4-3.

He's not as good as Watt but will the Cowboys, with a totally different defensive philosophy, find a way to use a player they may like unlike Rod?

Sydla

Reaction score
When I see them interviewing Braun, Mims, Fulton, and Diggs that tells me if Kinlaw, Ruggs and Henderson aren’t there at 17, they’re trading down.

According to the trade value chart, going from 17 to say 29 would net you another 2nd. I’d totally do that. At 29 they’ll be able to get a solid player.

I’ve been following the draft for more than 20 years and this is legit the best draft class I’ve ever seen outside of tight end and running back.

The problem is that every year we talk about trading down and the reality is that the opportunities to trade down likely aren't as great as people would think.

I am hoping one or two of the QBs are still on the board at that pick.

Gaede

Reaction score
I really like this player. Can rush from the inside and out.

If we are looking at making the switch to a 3/4, he would be an excellent player.

He's a big boy with some pass rush skills. Never paid attn to him because he's not the prototype, but he could give us some nice flexibility on the DL. Cool with this pick in the second, if the first is a CB

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Davidson. Like the trend I am seeing though.
Im starting to get a feeling Kinlaw is going to be the pick or at least target. That knee could drop him, and you know how the Jones are with that kind of risk

Kinlaw would be just the type of, to use Mayocks words "organizational move " the Cowboys make

reddyuta

Reaction score
only 1 WR in the list which is a bit surprising,i hope they interview some mid Rd guys.

Gaede

Reaction score
Im starting to get a feeling Kinlaw is going to be the pick or at least target. That knee could drop him, and you know how the Jones are with that kind of risk

Kinlaw would be just the type of, to use Mayocks words "organizational move " the Cowboys make

I think the preference will be Kinlaw or Chaisson. But when it comes to it, EDGE>DT, unless that DT is an Aaron Donald-type, which I don't believe Kinlaw is

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the preference will be Kinlaw or Chaisson. But when it comes to it, EDGE>DT, unless that DT is an Aaron Donald-type, which I don't believe Kinlaw is
Personally I think Kinlaw can be a guy that gets 8 to 10 sacks in his prime

Gaede

Reaction score
Personally I think Kinlaw can be a guy that gets 8 to 10 sacks in his prime

I can see that. It's a tough call, but edge rushers typically get more glory. I don't think anyone would disagree that Kinlaw will have a bigger impact right away. I'm thinking Chaisson's potential drawfs his though

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can see that. It's a tough call, but edge rushers typically get more glory. I don't think anyone would disagree that Kinlaw will have a bigger impact right away. I'm thinking Chaisson's potential drawfs his though
To me really how productive you think Kinlaw will be as a pass rusher. And that is probably a pretty wide spectrum. He could be a double digit guy, or he could wind up more as a pocket pusher. Personally I project him as more a playmaker. Play makers at DT, outside of Donald, guys like Grady, Buckner, Cox and Atkins are right their with WR's and just behind DE's on the pay scale.

Saying Chaisson could be valued more than Kinlaw. But I don't expect Chaisson to he there

Gaede

Reaction score
To me really how productive you think Kinlaw will be as a pass rusher. And that is probably a pretty wide spectrum. He could be a double digit guy, or he could wind up more as a pocket pusher. Personally I project him as more a playmaker. Play makers at DT, outside of Donald, guys like Grady, Buckner, Cox and Atkins are right their with WR's and just behind DE's on the pay scale.

Saying Chaisson could be valued more than Kinlaw. But I don't expect Chaisson to he there

No, I don't either.

I think one of Henderson, Kinlaw, and Henderson will be there. But probably the CB, sadly

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear what they think of Baun. Some teams are apparently going to try him at OLB, even in a 4-3.

He's not as good as Watt but will the Cowboys, with a totally different defensive philosophy, find a way to use a player they may like unlike Rod?

I think that’s where he needs to play too.