Image: Playoff Wins Since 2000 For Every Team

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope. But I also know how things work in Dallas, therefore I know that Jerry is only the “GM” by title.

He has that title because he wants to be the face/get credit when things go well, but his responsibilities aren’t even close to what a real GM does.
And he never really has been. He’s like a part time GM. We’ve heard he doesn’t even watch film .

But unfortunately he insist on retaining the title and wants full credit for the position and why we must hold his feet to the fire and totally responsible. Because we don’t know exactly what he delegates out as he doesn’t disclose publicly .

Nav22

Reaction score
Obviously you don’t grasp that fact.
Anyway I’m tired of arguing with a child so good night.
Awww, couldn’t answer my question because you knew it would end your idiotic argument. I’m sorry that this “child” made you feel so stupid.

Enjoy the NFC East Champions T-shirt, bro! It’ll be SICK!
:thumbup:

Nav22

Reaction score
And he never really has been. He’s like a part time GM. We’ve heard he doesn’t even watch film .

But unfortunately he insist on retaining the title and wants full credit for the position and why we must hold his feet to the fire and totally responsible. Because we don’t know exactly what he delegates out as he doesn’t disclose publicly .
That’s exactly right. He’s not a GM, but if he wants that title then it all falls on him. Too bad he can’t be fired from that role.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad.

resize.jpg
So we're better that about 10 teams and I've seen 5 SB wins! Hell yeah!

Nav22

Reaction score
Here’s how stupid the “playoff wins” stat is.

If you’re the #1 seed in the NFC and win the Super Bowl, you earned 3 playoff wins.

If you’re the #7 seed and win the Super Bowl, you earned 4 playoff wins.

If I had a choice, I’d rather dominate all year and only need 3 playoff wins, but hey, that’s me.
:laugh:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
No matter how you look at it, it is pitiful Dallas has become one of "those" teams like the Bengals, Jets, Lions as far as post season history. Pretty soon Jerry will be hanging up NFCE division banners at the Big Top. That's about as close to the SB he seems to be getting.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here’s how stupid the “playoff wins” stat is.

If you’re the #1 seed in the NFC and win the Super Bowl, you earned 3 playoff wins.

If you’re the #7 seed and win the Super Bowl, you earned 4 playoff wins.

If I had a choice, I’d rather dominate all year and only need 3 playoff wins, but hey, that’s me.

You say SBs are all that matter. OK. Since 2000, we've won zero SBs. We've played in zero SBs. So, in your opinion, does that constitute a quality 20 years of Cowboys football?

morat1959

Reaction score
Impressive!

I prefer to throw tantrums on message boards myself - I feel like Jerry Jones gets the message that way.

Maybe we should all pitch in and buy a billboard or something.
Or how about cancel nfl ticket, stop going to games and stop buying anything Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope. But I also know how things work in Dallas, therefore I know that Jerry is only the “GM” by title.

He has that title because he wants to be the face/get credit when things go well, but his responsibilities aren’t even close to what a real GM does.

You apparently don't. Because Jerry (and by extension his son) is the GM. They make final personnel decisions, they decide contracts, they hire the coaches. Who hired McClay? Jerry. Jerry's responsibilities are very similar to what other GMs have in this league. Since Jimmy, Jerry has largely made all the football decisions from personnel, to FA, to draft picks, to head coaches, to player personnel people, etc.

What responsibilities do GMs have that Jerry/Stephen don't?

Nav22

Reaction score
You say SBs are all that matter. OK. Since 2000, we've won zero SBs. We've played in zero SBs. So, in your opinion, does that constitute a quality 20 years of Cowboys football?
Nope. And I never once implied otherwise before you tried to put words in my mouth and create phantom motives.

Any other questions?

Nav22

Reaction score
You apparently don't. Because Jerry (and by extension his son) is the GM. They make final personnel decisions, they decide contracts, they hire the coaches. Who hired McClay? Jerry. Jerry's responsibilities are very similar to what other GMs have in this league. Since Jimmy, Jerry has largely made all the football decisions from personnel, to FA, to draft picks, to head coaches, to player personnel people, etc.

What responsibilities do GMs have that Jerry/Stephen don't?
LOL, are you serious? GMs watch film, GMs meet with the scouts year-round to break down prospects, etc. etc. etc.

You think Jerry does ANY of that?

You apparently don’t even know what real GMs do.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope. And I never once implied otherwise before you tried to put words in my mouth and create phantom motives.

Any other questions?

Then it's bizarre you would throw a hissy fit over another data point that shows the ineptitude of the Cowboys over that period.

Nav22

Reaction score
Then it's bizarre you would throw a hissy fit over another data point that shows the ineptitude of the Cowboys over that period.
Right. I totally threw a “hissy fit.”

Whatever helps you feel better about your embarrassing attempts at putting words in my mouth.

You lose.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL, are you serious? GMs watch film, GMs meet with the scouts year-round to break down prospects, etc. etc. etc.

You think Jerry does ANY of that?

Uhhh, yeah, he and Stephen do stuff like that. Jerry and Stephen are at the combine with the scouts and other GMs. Jerry actually is involved in combine interviews, etc. It's funny you think they aren't involved.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right. I totally threw a “hissy fit.”

Whatever helps you feel better about your embarrassing attempts at putting words in my mouth.

You lose.

LOL, yes you did:

Can we make a “Super Bowl wins since 1992” chart and see where we stack up? Or how about a “Total Super Bowl wins” chart?

No? Didn’t think so.

Personally, I don’t give a damn about the “playoff wins” stat. 1 winner, 31 losers.

You threw an internet hissy fit at the OP. LOL.

Nav22

Reaction score
Uhhh, yeah, he and Stephen do stuff like that. Jerry and Stephen are at the combine with the scouts and other GMs. Jerry actually is involved in combine interviews, etc. It's funny you think they aren't involved.
LOL!

I specifically mentioned film study and breaking down prospects year-round.

You specifically avoided mentioning those things because you’re a small little man who doesn’t like to admit it when he’s dead wrong.
:lmao2:

Any Cowboys fan with half a brain knows Jerry is the GM in title only, but I can see that that doesn’t apply to you.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
“Since 2000”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

How about since 1992? How about all-time?

“No, it has to be since 1996 or later!!!”

You’re being silly.

Maybe because it is the turn of the century and 2 full decades of data? This is not some cherry picked point of data like picking the exact year after Dallas last won anything. You are also supposing this list was created to create some skewed view of Dallas. If you think a data set of 20 years is being used against your team then that team might suck if it needs to go back further to find any real success. I don't care how you want to slice it, 3 playoff wins in 20 years is pathetic. Only one single instance of making the playoffs back to back years is pathetic. No conference championship appearances. This franchise is living off the 60s-90s, something you are doing here. Dallas is only relevant right now because of their brand. This strokes Jerry's ego so we continue to see what we see every year.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL!

I specifically mentioned film study and breaking down prospects year-round.

You specifically avoided mentioning those things because you’re a small little man who doesn’t like to admit it when he’s dead wrong.
:lmao2:

Any Cowboys fan with half a brain knows Jerry is the GM in title only, but I can see that that doesn’t apply to you.

So you think most Cowboys fans believe Jerry is just GM in title only? LOL.

Jerry has all the responsibilities of a NFL GM. Yes, he watches film. Yes, he interviews the draft prospects. Yes, he meets with scouts. Yes, he picks the HC. Yes, he makes the final pick. Yes, he is involved in FA. Yes, he decides contracts.

It's utterly preposterous that you think he's just a figurehead GM who does nothing but get in front of the media and show up on camera on draft night.