Image: Playoff Wins Since 2000 For Every Team

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Addendum: People trying to argue that the Cowboys success 25 -30 seasons ago should make you content - despite what has transpired since 2000.
No, it should make us proud, not content . Our history is amazing . I relish experiencing and enjoying.

But we’ve struggled since. It’s tough bar to maintain. After 25+ years it’s been humbling. We aren’t a championship caliber franchise any longer. Only in name.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes since 2000 i.e. the 21st century. What have the Cowboys done in the 21st century?
Care to answer?
You still haven’t given a reason as to why you’re cherry-picking dates that fit your argument.
:laugh:

Motorola

Reaction score
The Jets

The Jets have twice as many. Says it all. This chart can’t be defended.
The Jets have also played in two AFC Championship games in the last decade - back-to-back, following the 2010 & 2011 regular seasons.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's understandable that you'd just end up babbling here because there is no real defense for the stance you've taken. Your rant is bizarre and silly but again, that's to be expected.

Any knowledgeable Cowboys fan knows that while Jerry was the "GM" during that early 90s run, Jimmy had an heavy influence in the roster, moreso than any coach since then (and a reason why the relationship eventually fractured and Jerry has largely hired the coaches he has since). So if one is going to argue that Jerry was the genius, the mastermind behind those teams, then one isn't going to be taken seriously. So from that perspective, it's hard to not laugh as you continue to babble ridiculousness. You've dug out a position that essentially claims Jerry is a good GM and that the last 20-25 years have not been a poor and disappointing run. And from that awful position, you have to make bizarre and, frankly, stupid arguments. There is a clear line in Cowboys history under Jerry's ownership - and that line is Jimmy Johnson.

The second part of your post is a real doozy but not surprising given the pretzels twists you've already made.

The goal is to win the SB. No one has ever suggested otherwise, I never did. No, just winning a few playoff games isn't the goal nor does it make me, or most Cowboys fans feel good. But, it's downright bizarre to sit here and argue that the last 20+ years have been fine because if you aren't winning the SB then all seasons are equal. That if a team goes 4-12, it's the same as a team that went 12-4 and lost in the title game. It's dumb. It's stupid. It's idiotic. But it's understandable coming from someone who is trying their very best to justify that the Cowboys run the last 20 years hasn't been one of the bottom third worst in the NFL over that period.
1) I never said ANYTHING about Jerry Jones being the mastermind of anything.

2) I never said the last 20 years have been “fine”. I want Super Bowl wins, period. I wasn’t satisfied with the playoff win in 2018, were you?

You’re putting words in my mouth because you have no real argument. You must be either bored or extremely dense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our Bar has been lowered under this ownership and his stranglehold on Cowboys football.

Nobody really expects us to have much success anymore.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not really interested in comparing to other franchises cause they have suked too in prior eras.

Steelers went 40 years before winning a championship. Patriots over 40 years. Saints 43 years. The list goes on.

We had sustained success early on in our franchise . But those days are over. There’s never any guarantees . It could 40 or 50 years maybe longer before we see it again. That’s all part of sports.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately we have an owner who has created a very dysfunctional situation that’s hedging odds against us.

I think it’s highly unlikely we will see another championship run under his control.

Motorola

Reaction score
No, it should make us proud, not content . Our history is amazing . I relish experiencing and enjoying.

But we’ve struggled since. It’s tough bar to maintain. After 25+ years it’s been humbling. We aren’t a championship caliber franchise any longer. Only in name.
'Diehardblues' - I share your sentiment. I'm always proud to be a Cowboys Fan.
I was very young - but old enough to watch and understand pro football way back then; watched all of this franchise's rise to greatness -but along the way enduring the tantalizing but tortuous times they barely fell short of achieving more championships. Cowboys Fans under 30 y.o. have yet to to experience that level of our team's success.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
I think the title of the thread says it all!
Maybe you should read it!!!
Okay, it says since 2000. So what?

Why should I care about this particular, cherry-picked stat?

Off the top of your head, how many “playoff wins” do the Cowboys have in their franchise history? You don’t know, do you? Do you even care? I don’t.

So why do you care about how many they have since 2000?

Talk to me about Super Bowl wins. We have 0 since 1996, and THAT is what bothers me. Not the number of playoff wins.

Sydla

Reaction score
1) I never said ANYTHING about Jerry Jones being the mastermind of anything.

2) I never said the last 20 years have been “fine”. I want Super Bowl wins, period. I wasn’t satisfied with the playoff win in 2018, were you?

You’re putting words in my mouth because you have no real argument. You must be either bored or extremely dense.

The dense person is you now trying to spin what you've said. The logical, natural reaction from a sane Cowboys fan when seeing this data should have been, "Wow, that's a pretty crappy run since 2000." Instead, your response was to immediately defend the Cowboys by trying to minimize the data that started this thread.

Sydla

Reaction score

Off the top of your head, how many “playoff wins” do the Cowboys have in their franchise history? You don’t know, do you? Do you even care? I don’t.

Talk to me about Super Bowl wins. We have 0 since 1996, and THAT is what bothers me. Not the number of playoff wins.

Simple question, do you believe Jerry has done a good job as GM?

Motorola

Reaction score
I was very young - but old enough to watch and understand pro football way back then; watched all of this franchise's rise to greatness -but along the way enduring the tantalizing but tortuous times they barely fell short of achieving more championships. Cowboys Fans under 30 y.o. have yet to to experience that level.

Nav22

Reaction score
The dense person is you now trying to spin what you've said. The logical, natural reaction from a sane Cowboys fan when seeing this data should have been, "Wow, that's a pretty crappy run since 2000." Instead, your response was to immediately defend the Cowboys by trying to minimize the data that started this thread.
Now you’re creating a motive? After originally trying to put words in my mouth? You’re hilarious.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Pre-order that NFC East Champions T-shirt, bro!!! It’ll be hot!!!

IrishAnto

Reaction score

But you can’t have SB wins without playoff wins!
You do grasp that fact?

Nav22

Reaction score
Simple question, do you believe Jerry has done a good job as GM?
Nope. But I also know how things work in Dallas, therefore I know that Jerry is only the “GM” by title.

He has that title because he wants to be the face/get credit when things go well, but his responsibilities aren’t even close to what a real GM does.

Nav22

Reaction score
But you can’t have SB wins without playoff wins!
You do grasp that fact?
Off the top of your head, how many playoff wins do the Cowboys have in their franchise history?

You don’t know, do you? Neither do I, unless I look it up.

But now you’re terribly concerned about the number of playoff wins since 2000?

And you don’t see why that’s silly?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was very young - but old enough to watch and understand pro football way back then; watched all of this franchise's rise to greatness -but along the way enduring the tantalizing but tortuous times they barely fell short of achieving more championships. Cowboys Fans under 30 y.o. have yet to to experience that level of our team's success.
Very true. We have an entire generation of fans who haven’t witnessed a Cowboys championship.

And I applaud this group around me. They are some of our best fans rooting on and supporting without more success.

My father early on in life told me rooting on Baylor( his and soon to be my Alma mater ) that rooting on a loser builds character . That anyone could root for a winner and why at that time so many fans from afar jumped on the Cowboys wagon.

Always remember if they jumped on our wagon they must have abandoned someone else’s closer to home.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Off the top of your head, how many playoff wins do the Cowboys have in their franchise history?

You don’t know, do you? Neither do I, unless I look it up.

But now you’re terribly concerned about the number of playoff wins since 2000?

And you don’t see why that’s silly?
Obviously you don’t grasp that fact.
Anyway I’m tired of arguing with a child so good night.