Playoffs or Garrett is Gone

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
A Commanders win is crucial, but only because it would keep Dallas with a fighting chance to win the division. Last odds I saw gave Dallas just over 51% chance to win.

A win doesn't do anything but tie Dallas with the skins, same record, split of head to head, though slightly better division record.

But a loss would be very bad, three games behind with 5 to go....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hope both skating in at the very end of a very weak and hurt division and one and done? gone... maybe just maybe if he wins the wildcard game and gets to 2nd round I want him gone but Jerry wont do it..at least I doubt he will..

IMO unless we win out and also get to 2nd round , GONE

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What if they make the playoffs because the kicker of a tanking Giants team shanks a 20 yard field goal as time expires? It’s kind of silly to make decisions based on a singular outcome.
Stare into your avi's eyes and see if he cares.
It will be the abyss looking back at you.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Full disclosure:

I have been consistent with referencing a "deep playoff run" or bust for clapper but I will concede that he is now down to just making the playoffs. The variables were eased when we beat the Iggles in filthy. That victory brought a bit of a sparkle back to Jerry's eye.
I haven't seen Friday in a month of Sundays!

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Watch Dallas beat the Saints then lay an egg at home to Tampa and miss out on the playoffs.

Total Garrett move.

Those were the Romo/Garrett years.

This team is either going to lose most of their games or win them all. This year is funny, and I think there going to surprise us in a good way.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Colt McCoy may be better than A. Smith, at least against us. we face the Saints which is a guaranteed loss. Basically, anything could happen, but to say the rest of the season is set up for us is a bit of a stretch at this point. Who knows what will happen? Jerry is going to give Garrett every possible excuse. Swaim is out might be enough.
1st Bold: IF Mcoy was BETTER than Smith, he'd be a starter somewhere.

2nd Bold: "Guaranteed Loss"? That's EXACTLY what ONE Buc fan said BEFORE Tampa Bay beat the Saints IN NEW ORLEANS giving them their first loss. I'd be careful making such a bold statement. NOTHING is ever guaranteed!

Also, did you forget about 2009? The year the Saints won their first SB? Here's a little reminder....
HO6fSru.jpg

Last edited:

rynochop

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't like to pay coaches to not coach..so with another year left I'm sure he's back. I think they consider Garrett as the CEO of the team rather than coach. The team doesn't quit on him, so he has that going for him

mmohican29

Reaction score
A Commanders win is crucial, but only because it would keep Dallas with a fighting chance to win the division. Last odds I saw gave Dallas just over 51% chance to win.

A win doesn't do anything but tie Dallas with the skins, same record, split of head to head, though slightly better division record.

But a loss would be very bad, three games behind with 5 to go....
We're winning on Thursday.

jsb357

Reaction score
IMO an appearance in the NFC Championship game or Garrett should be gone.

links18

Reaction score
1st Bold: IF Mcoy was BETTER than Smith, he'd be a starter somewhere.

2nd Bold: "Guaranteed Loss"? That's EXACTLY what ONE Buc fan said BEFORE Tampa Bay beat the Saints IN NEW ORLEANS giving them their first loss. I'd be careful making such a bold statement. NOTHING is ever guaranteed!

Also, did you forget about 2009? The year the Saints won their first SB? Here's a little reminder....
HO6fSru.jpg

I should have said "as close to a guaranteed loss as it gets," but that was too long to type on the phone. But really, we probably arent winning that one. If we do, it will be against all reasonable expectations, unless Brees and Kamara are out.

Dre11

Reaction score
If they can't win this division given the issues Washington and Philly are having.................. it would be beyond insane to not replace the entire coaching staff.

setting up your excuses as to why the Cowboys might win the division I see...lol

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Passing league and we run the ball all game...

And have the worst offense in the league

If it was 1993 we might have a shot.....

CWR

Reaction score
Colt McCoy may be better than A. Smith, at least against us. The Giants are playing better and we face the Saints which is a guaranteed loss. Basically, anything could happen, but to say the rest of the season is set up for us is a bit of a stretch at this point. Who knows what will happen? Jerry is going to give Garrett every possible excuse. Swaim is out might be enough.

I dont think there are many who believe we have a free pass to the playoffs. As far as the ros being set up for us thats fairly accurate. The eagles are behind and have a difficult schedule, the skins lost their starting qb and we get to play them for 1st place Thursday and the Giant are way behind.

While there is NO doubt we still have to earn it, we are amazingly in a great position to do so.

MS17

Reaction score
Over the years we've seen how Jerry views HC's as more of a commodity for him. Parcells departure was a clue. I sure could be wrong about this, but I don't see "making the playoffs" as a factor or Jerry's calculus for holding on to/firing a coach.

His head coaches must be a person i) he's comfortable with, ii) who fits the puppet model, and iii) who will give Jerry GM full credit for success. A rather low bar and Garrett has gamed it.
He's not going anywhere.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was convinced if we were sub .500 Garrett would be gone, but now I'm thinking at minimum we will be 8-8, and that may not cause a change. 9-7 or better and I don't think there will be a change.