Playoffs or Garrett is Gone

links18

Reaction score
I dont think there are many who believe we have a free pass to the playoffs. As far as the ros being set up for us thats fairly accurate. The eagles are behind and have a difficult schedule, the skins lost their starting qb and we get to play them for 1st place Thursday and the Giant are way behind.

While there is NO doubt we still have to earn it, we are amazingly in a great position to do so.

I'd agree if we had a better QB. The Giants won't win the division, but they are playing better and it might not be a cakewalk in their stadium. The Eagles look on the way down because of injuries, but they didnt lose to us by much. The Commanders lost their starting QB, but Colt McCoy is no Cooper Rush and we are still a game behind them and we have no shot at a head to head tie breaker against them, but they can still get it against us. If we beat them Turkey Day, we can talk about how things are set up for us.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
For me, the question goes beyond making the playoffs.
I think JG has received the message that he will be gone if this team doesn't make the playoffs this year. That was part of the deal of trading next year's 1st. There are zero excuses now.
The real question to me is, will he still keep his job if they make the playoffs by winning the pathetic NFC East, then get blown out in the first game of the playoffs?

CWR

Reaction score
I'd agree if we had a better QB. The Giants won't win the division, but they are playing better and it might not be a cakewalk in their stadium. The Eagles look on the way down because of injuries, but they didnt lose to us by much. The Commanders lost their starting QB, but Colt McCoy is no Cooper Rush and we are still a game behind them and we have no shot at a head to head tie breaker against them, but they can still get it against us. If we beat them Turkey Day, we can talk about how things are set up for us.

If we beat them we will only have ONE loss in the division. So if head to head is even it will go to division record where we could very well have the edge.

But yes, lets see what happens Thursday first.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I should have said "as close to a guaranteed loss as it gets," but that was too long to type on the phone. But really, we probably arent winning that one. If we do, it will be against all reasonable expectations, unless Brees and Kamara are out.
I understand your point of view. I can see those so called analysis try to explain that one should the Boys pull it off. :muttley:

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

foofighters

Reaction score
Now that the NFC East is set up for the taking, if Dallas somehow misses the playoffs, I'd say certainly Jones will fire Jason Garrett. There really is no excuse the Cowboys not to make the playoffs given how many injuries the Commanders and Eagles are facing. Those games and the Giants game, at the last week of the season, are all games any marginally decent coach can take care of. If Garrett fails, I see Jones bringing in a new coaching staff for the 2019 season.

Should be a win-win scenario for fans down this 6 game stretch. Either get into the playoffs and the team gets a chance to make a memorable run or miss and Garrett is gone.
Lol. You don't know Jerry very well, do you?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be far more confident that Jerry would fire Garrett if it were he who is stating as much rather than the media. JG has at least nine lives where Jerry is concerned and I'm not too certain that he's used them all up as yet. Here's hoping our offense shows up at their best.

At any rate, Turkey Day could and rightfully should be another notch on JG's pistol if he's able to bring about a victory in that contest. In regards to that, here's wishing all of us a big win Thursday afternoon and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all, as well. Go Cowboys!

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Now that the NFC East is set up for the taking, if Dallas somehow misses the playoffs, I'd say certainly Jones will fire Jason Garrett. There really is no excuse the Cowboys not to make the playoffs given how many injuries the Commanders and Eagles are facing. Those games and the Giants game, at the last week of the season, are all games any marginally decent coach can take care of. If Garrett fails, I see Jones bringing in a new coaching staff for the 2019 season.

Should be a win-win scenario for fans down this 6 game stretch. Either get into the playoffs and the team gets a chance to make a memorable run or miss and Garrett is gone.
If Dallas loses to Washington on Thanksgiving Garrett should be fired!!!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Dallas loses to Washington on Thanksgiving Garrett should be fired!!!!!

Jerry will probably wait 'til the season is done and we've fared poorly in the race down the stretch.

His love for JG is a white-hot flame. I'd bet it'll take a 6-10 record for JJ to even consider firing JG.

Last edited:

Romotil45

Reaction score

You underestimate how much Jerah loves his red-headed adopted son. Miss the play-offs and Jerah will simply scapegoat Linehan and bring in a new OC to work within Garretts system.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He's not getting fired
HOcD7lw.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, the question goes beyond making the playoffs.
I think JG has received the message that he will be gone if this team doesn't make the playoffs this year. That was part of the deal of trading next year's 1st. There are zero excuses now.
The real question to me is, will he still keep his job if they make the playoffs by winning the pathetic NFC East, then get blown out in the first game of the playoffs?

Sadly, I think he will.

When your boss is your Chief Excusemaker, that's a pretty sweet (and easy) gig.