CFZ Please don't act surprised

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We’ve seen this exact storyline play out on repeat for 20+ years. No loss stuns me anymore
Considering everyone we lost in free agency...and did absolutely nothing to replace the holes we had in this roster....it's amazing we have got this far. Now we are starting to see the cracks of not having any depth...having to rely on a 40 year old guy just to get us through a frickin game. This is what you get when management doesn't do it's homework in the off season.

BigD5

Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
I can’t wait to get bounced in embarrassing fashion by the 6-11 54 yr old Tampa bay buccaneers

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Considering everyone we lost in free agency...and did absolutely nothing to replace the holes we had in this roster....it's amazing we have got this far. Now we are starting to see the cracks of not having any depth...having to rely on a 40 year old guy just to get us through a frickin game. This is what you get when management doesn't do it's homework in the off season.
This is what you get with amateurs running the front office.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have kept an eye open for the fold in the second half, I have to admit. But this team surprised me last week with the goal line stand and subsequent 98 yard game winning drive. Even today, the first overtime drive by the Jags and the Cowboys defense stepped up and get the ball back right away. Then they started to drive and I was sure they were going to get enough yardage to kick a game winning FG.

Now I think we need to see what happens next week. When they lost to the Packers they cane back the following week and destroyed the Vikings on the road. After watching them play today, it is hard to see how they beat the Eagles who can run and throw. I could see a major blowout given the injuries on defense. But we have to see if they can pull it together for 1 game. I know this. The Eagles have 4 receivers who can be difficult to cover. But they can run outside too.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
This is our wind down period

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I have kept an eye open for the fold in the second half, I have to admit. But this team surprised me last week with the goal line stand and subsequent 98 yard game winning drive. Even today, the first overtime drive by the Jags and the Cowboys defense stepped up and get the ball back right away. Then they started to drive and I was sure they were going to get enough yardage to kick a game winning FG.

Now I think we need to see what happens next week. When they lost to the Packers they cane back the following week and destroyed the Vikings on the road. After watching them play today, it is hard to see how they beat the Eagles who can run and throw. I could see a major blowout given the injuries on defense. But we have to see if they can pull it together for 1 game. I know this. The Eagles have 4 receivers who can be difficult to cover. But they can run outside too.
Make no mistake...this team can beat anybody. It can also lose to anybody. Could we string together some wins in the playoffs? Possible...could we go into the playoffs and get creamed by Brady? Very possible...still haven't figured out how to stop the quick short passing game even through we have the answer in our AA blitz package with Parsons.

plymkr

Reaction score
Since the Jerry GM era went full bloom 96 and after, this team notoriously peaks in October and November. Like clockwork after that time period when better coaching and QB play and defense really matter, the team regresses.
You're exactly right. I was joking around with my family today cuz they asked if I was mad about the game. I said "not really, usually the season ends after Thanksgiving". Once December hits we as a team start regressing. Even in our good seasons we have had poor Decembers and then limped into the playoffs and lost. It's weird. Why do we do that?

kwcool619

Reaction score
You're exactly right. I was joking around with my family today cuz they asked if I was mad about the game. I said "not really, usually the season ends after Thanksgiving". Once December hits we as a team start regressing. Even in our good seasons we have had poor Decembers and then limped into the playoffs and lost. It's weird. Why do we do that?

I just don't know. Maybe others have answers.

CWR

Reaction score

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Meh. I'm not suprised the Jags won. I didnt have much confidence going into this one. I knew they were better than their record indicated. They have young guys coming into their own. I am surprised by the way we managed to lose, though.

The thing about us losing the next 3 is that it doesn't fit the narrative. If history says anything, they will pick us up one more time. They will likely beat Philly just to slam us back down to earth later. Lol

Jayinem

Reaction score
It should be looked at as one of the most shocking losses in NFL history, yet I'm not that surprised.

How many games in history has a team been up 17 in the 3rd quarter, the opponent turns the ball over twice after that and the team with 27 LOSES?

I'm going to guess 0, could be wrong.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I can’t wait to get bounced in embarrassing fashion by the 6-11 54 yr old Tampa bay buccaneers

SGVFvus.jpeg

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
This team is also mediocre on the road and 2 of the remaining games are on the road.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I had them losing this game all week. Jax offense was on fire and Pederson can call an offense. The D peaked too early and are now in shambles due to injury’s

Yep........said all week, I had a bad feeling about this game. Watch them beat the Eagles next week........just watch lol.