CFZ Please don't act surprised

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No it's not. Same thing with Romo too. Do you not remember how we faded every December?

What team did Romo ever have that had the kind of talent we have in Dallas today? For most of Romo's career he had a makeshift O Line that had him scrambling for his life. Virtually no running game and weak defenses. Compared to that Dak was given keys to a Ferrari and has proceeded to trash it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Actually its just football, injuries, Cowboys team not being good enough. Simple analysis. If you thought the Cowboys were a true contender thats on you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I called it earlier today. I expect this team to fold when the going gets tough, especially against teams we should manage easily. Just more of the same.
Actually its just football, injuries, Cowboys team not being good enough. Simple analysis. If you thought the Cowboys were a true contender thats on you.
So then you must have been shocked last game when the going got tough the defense made a GL stop and then the offense went 98 yards for the game winning TD?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So then you must have been shocked last game when the going got tough the defense made a GL stop and then the offense went 98 yards for the game winning TD?

Most of this teams dollars are spent on the offense. That is supposed to be the strength of this team as that is where we have most of our skill playmakers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
No one should be surprised losing against any team in the NFL. Parity reigns. And no one should be surprised about people like you who turn tail and run when adversity hits. Quitting so easily is a character trait. A very bad one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one should be surprised losing against any team in the NFL. Parity reigns. And no one should be surprised about people like you who turn tail and run when adversity hits. Quitting so easily is a character trait. A very bad one.

They ooze out of a wound like puss after a loss. LOL

These are the clowns that predicted we would be 500 or worse when the season started...............WRONG!!

Then recently are telling us that its championship game or bust..................................flip flop/WRONG!

Sydla

Reaction score

You accusing anyone of turning tail and running is hilarious, you fraud.

I am here win or lose. There's no quitting here. But I also won't sugarcoat it and try to convince myself this is a really good team that deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to thinking what kind of season they will have.

On the otherhand, you disappear after they lose and the season is over because you can't stomach that A) they weren't good enough again and B) you look like a moron chastising people for not thinking this was a great team that would contend.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
:hammer::hammer:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You accusing anyone of turning tail and running is hilarious, you fraud.

I am here win or lose. There's no quitting here. But I also won't sugarcoat it and try to convince myself this is a really good team that deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to thinking what kind of season they will have.

On the otherhand, you disappear after they lose and the season is over because you can't stomach that A) they weren't good enough again and B) you look like a moron chastising people for not thinking this was a great team that would contend.
You admitted you haven’t given up. Man up and own it. I left this toxic place AFTER the season was over and came back before this season started. That’s not quitting but not surprised you don’t know the difference.

jgboys1

Reaction score

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
The sad thing is that we will be in even bigger salary cap hell come next season. The future doesn't look bright for us at all. Hopefully we can at least keep drafting well and the young guys will keep us respectable for a few years but nothing will change until Jerry is no more.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I really feel bad for fans that can’t enjoy the season as is.

They haven’t made the playoff in back to back years in over a decade. Find some happiness in your life for gods sake

aikemirv

Reaction score
There's a sucker born every minute.

This team gets no benefit of the doubt from me. We've seen these same kind of performances from past teams.

And our last two losses were where we blew double digit leads. Trying to whitewash that with, "hey guys, Rodgers is a Hall of Famer" is hilarious but expected from the homer crowd. Somehow a bunch of other teams in this league figured out how to not get beat by the Hall of Fame QB this year.
The only good thing with this is that it is lowering expectations for fans who thought this was going to be different. My son just came to that realization yesterday.

The only other good thing is that falling apart now gives them a chance to correct some things rather than thinking they are fine. I was completely uncomfortable with the 27-10 lead yesterday. Bad feelings were in the air!

Sydla

Reaction score
You admitted you haven’t given up. Man up and own it. I left this toxic place AFTER the season was over and came back before this season started. That’s not quitting but not surprised you don’t know the difference.

You left this place because you acted like a baby and whined and complained and belitted people who didn't think this team was as good as you and that they likely wouldn't do much in the playoffs. And then when they were proven right and you were proven wrong, you disappeared because you would have been rightfully mocked.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all, you can't trust this team, they just aren't consistent enough doing what they do.

They win some games and look great.
Mostly they play to the level of whatever team we are playing and win by a few points.
Some games they stink it up and get turned over.

This team has the talent and ability to win a super bowl, they probably won't, but they could, worse teams have done so.

Enjoy the wins, move on from the losses and let's see if they can get hot at the right time and put a playoff run together.

Gaede

Reaction score
What team did Romo ever have that had the kind of talent we have in Dallas today? For most of Romo's career he had a makeshift O Line that had him scrambling for his life. Virtually no running game and weak defenses. Compared to that Dak was given keys to a Ferrari and has proceeded to trash it.

That's ridiculous. Romo had a prime TO and a prime Dez Bryant to throw to. He also had a RB that put up 1800 yds in one season Dak hasn't had a single receiver of that quality, let alone two of them, and not a running game that was that effective.

khiladi

Reaction score
The defense has gotten scorched the last few weeks. They aren’t as good as you think they are.

Where exactly in this post did I convey my thoughts regarding how good I actually think this defense is? Was I one of the Dak jock-sniffers saying the “elite” defense was winning them games when Rush was playing and that of Trent Dilfer can win with the arguably greatest defense of all time in the Ravens defense so can Dak with this defense?

kskboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys last two losses have been in overtime on the road against a Hall of Fame quarterback and the second coming relax. We can panic after we lose to Tampa on Wildcard weekend.
It's not the losing, it's the incompetent way in which we're losing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Considering everyone we lost in free agency...and did absolutely nothing to replace the holes we had in this roster....it's amazing we have got this far. Now we are starting to see the cracks of not having any depth...having to rely on a 40 year old guy just to get us through a frickin game. This is what you get when management doesn't do it's homework in the off season.
OMG, your last sentence says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it describes every season's end for us!