CFZ Please don't act surprised

khiladi

Reaction score
Sorry, this is just the tale of Dak Prescott. The years prior to Dak, one could go on all day about Jerry’s bone-headed decisions and horrible GM decisions. With Dak, Jerry has provided nothing but continuity and surrounded him with plenty of talent to make a run, with more than decent coaching. The QB play just drags this team down.

Gaede

Reaction score
Sorry, this is just the tale of Dak Prescott. The years prior to Dak, one could go on all day about Jerry’s bone-headed decisions and horrible GM decisions. With Dak, Jerry has provided nothing but continuity and surrounded him with plenty of talent to make a run, with more than decent coaching.

No it's not. Same thing with Romo too. Do you not remember how we faded every December?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Once December hits we as a team start regressing. Even in our good seasons we have had poor Decembers and then limped into the playoffs and lost. It's weird. Why do we do that?

Agree but remember December or after T'giving is also when late-season injuries are magnified coz the lack of depth and/or impact of games for a postseason run. Two critical factors for every team around this time of the year, playing your best football and avoiding key injuries. Our D gave up over 500 yards Sunday .......means the offense had to play a darn near-perfect game for us to win.

khiladi

Reaction score
No it's not. Same thing with Romo too. Do you not remember how we faded every December?

Romo was masking the warts of this team and all the pressure was placed on him to bail thus team out. The team is masking the warts of Dak and Jerry has been trying to protect his fragile ego ever since he’s been here.

Jerry should have given Romo his job back period. That 13-3 season with Dak driving the bus was disastrous for this team as a whole. Dallas at that point understood the value of a top tier OL and RG with a QB that could actually pass the ball.

Romo in 2014 of December was on a different planet. He threw like close to 80%.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sorry, this is just the tale of Dak Prescott. The years prior to Dak, one could go on all day about Jerry’s bone-headed decisions and horrible GM decisions. With Dak, Jerry has provided nothing but continuity and surrounded him with plenty of talent to make a run, with more than decent coaching. The QB play just drags this team down.

C'mon man........Dak had his moments, no question but you are going lose most, if not all games if your D gives up over 500 yards. Dak's play was more than enough to win THIS game.

Gaede

Reaction score
Romo was masking the warts of this team and all the pressure was placed on him to bail thus team out. The team is masking the warts of Dak and Jerry has been trying to protect his fragile ego ever since he’s been here.

Jerry should have given Romo his job back period.

This team is absolutely not masking the warts of Dak. That's a silly thing to say. Dak has nothing to do with our vaunted defense getting plowed versus any running back with a heartbeat.

Dak is a problem too, I agree. We've seen this same outcome (peak early, fade for the playoffs) so many times with him at the helm. But let's not pretend Jerry and Stephen built some championship team here.

khiladi

Reaction score
C'mon man........Dak had his moments, no question but you are going lose most, if not all games if your D gives up over 500 yards. Dak's play was more than enough to win THIS game.

Same story every year. Dak even in these wins, has been playing awful hot stretches. If you look at the Colts game scoreboard, you’d think he was phenomenal. He was garbage and the 4th quarter implosion by the Colts against this defense masked his inept play. Last week, he was complete trash except in hurry up final drive.

khiladi

Reaction score
This team is absolutely not masking the warts of Dak. That's a silly thing to say. Dak has nothing to do with our vaunted defense getting plowed versus any running back with a heartbeat.

Dak is a problem too, I agree. We've seen this same outcome (peak early, fade for the playoffs) so many times with him at the helm. But let's not pretend Jerry and Stephen built some championship team here.

This defense has been allowing around 18 PPG. The defense last year was the top ranked scoring defense and also I believe led the league in TOs,

People blame this defense, but then don’t blame the opposing garbage defenses for Dak’s inflated stats. I said a few weeks ago the Vikings defense, particularly lass defense, is hot garbage. Absolute worst in the league. Their only saving Grace is their ability to get INTs. It was Dallas defense holding the Vikings to that low scoring total which was the surprise.

Even the jaguars pass defense is hot garbage, one of the worst in the league.

Qcard

Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Coulda shoulda woulda Mentality

Back to Back Double digit Win Seasons

Back to Back Play-Off Appearance

Cowboy fans are so wrecked they've forgotten the Process..

stinkface

Reaction score
You're exactly right. I was joking around with my family today cuz they asked if I was mad about the game. I said "not really, usually the season ends after Thanksgiving". Once December hits we as a team start regressing. Even in our good seasons we have had poor Decembers and then limped into the playoffs and lost. It's weird. Why do we do that?
The dreaded last 4 game of the season collapse seems to have been the norm for the last 10 years. I honestly thought with the last 2 games being played against 2 teams that had a combined 5 wins meant that wouldn't happen. We frankly lucked out last week in that we kept a one win team from punching it in from the 1 yard line. We played like crap last week overall. Because we won the media forgot about it.

Well, all eyes are open now. Everyone in the league called for us to win yesterday. Most thought it would be a blowout. They were crazy wrong. Jacksonville is on the upswing. Young team with a very promising QB, getting better before everyone's eyes. No one expects Dak to get better. There is no longer an upside to his game. His mechanics are not fixable, or they would be better at this point.

Sydla

Reaction score
This defense has been allowing around 18 PPG. The defense last year was the top ranked scoring defense and also I believe led the league in TOs,

People blame this defense, but then don’t blame the opposing garbage defenses for Dak’s inflated stats. I said a few weeks ago the Vikings defense, particularly lass defense, is hot garbage. Absolute worst in the league. Their only saving Grace is their ability to get INTs. It was Dallas defense holding the Vikings to that low scoring total which was the surprise.

Even the jaguars pass defense is hot garbage, one of the worst in the league.

The defense has gotten scorched the last few weeks. They aren’t as good as you think they are.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Please don't act surprised...

That after 27 and counting years of misery, here you are still following and complaining about this team. Do yourself a favor and move on to another team or sport. It would be much healthier for you and those around you.

If not, it's just going to be the same...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Jipper

Reaction score
I really am starting to belive that Jerry made a deal with the devil and the team will only be released once his debt is payed

shabazz

Reaction score

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Don’t make that mistake ever again,brother. I start each season as a fan of the game first and foremost, rooting for the Cowboys is almost secondary. About this time of the year, I start enjoying watching other top teams play quality football more so as to not get bogged down in believing the brand of football the Cowboys play is representative of greatness.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I called it earlier today. I expect this team to fold when the going gets tough, especially against teams we should manage easily. Just more of the same.
What about last week they didn’t fall against Houston but yeah I know you’re right

glimmerman

Reaction score
Parsons is toast the last few games. He got a sack and that’s it. I was watching him get blocked easily in some cases by one person. They didn’t even have to double him.

dckid

Reaction score

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
I agree 100%,
As I have been posting for years. It all starts at the top. Jerry Jones really doesn't are about winning. He just cares about the team being in the news cycle.
Jerry hires Wade Phillips but hires JG as offensive coordinator ahead of time, he hires big Mike and keeps boy wonder calling the plays.

If Jerry had a real HC, lets say McVay or Shanahan this team is in the championship game competing for a SB within 3 years. Now think what is Jerry's motivation for doing that?
This team has not been in a championship game since the 1995 season, (very) dial up internet days. Windows 95, OS2 Warp, whats the internet days the @ symbol. I am in my early 40's so I remember all that.

Jerry is in a no win situation, if he hires a real coach/ GM and they win a SB the credit will go to the new regime and then the focus will turn back on Jerry... so he wasted 27 years trying to do it his way and ultimately was not able to succeed.

So he will just keep doing what he does, he is ok with 8-10 wins, he will not bottom out which is the only way to get better. He cannot stand not being the center of attention.
If their game is flexed to Sunday night. He loves ESPN, Stephen A, FS1. He is all about the hype, newscycle, sizzle.
Fans need to realize and see the big picture, he has three SBs already, only Kraft has won more since 1989. He is a HOF'r, he is a top 3 most powerful owner, and the most influential. He is also a useful idiot in the league. His team drives the hype cycle, I am sure fellow owners love him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Please don't act surprised...

That after 27 and counting years of misery, here you are still following and complaining about this team. Do yourself a favor and move on to another team or sport. It would be much healthier for you and those around you.

If not, it's just going to be the same...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

If anyone needs a break, it’s probably you.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
SGVFvus.jpeg
Perfect example of the cancer that permeates throughout this organization.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This is the time of year when deficiencies surface. Some of the fundamental and systemic issues that have been in place for the last 25 years are showing up again.

1. We are typically a top heavy team and do not have good depth. All teams have injuries but the good ones fill the void and move on. We usually struggle with that mainly because our "stars" at the top take up a large portion of the salary cap leaving little behind for quality depth. Guys who have to come in and fill positions can not like Josh Ball.
2. We love to gamble away second round draft picks on unreliable players. Yesterdays game was what we had coming to us on this front. Joseph is an issue.
3. We hang onto injury prone overpaid stars for far too long. Tyrone Crawford killed this team for years consuming roster spots and cap space for zero production. Is Tyron Smith now going to do the same?
4. Our "star" QB no longer plays the same way that made him an incredible effective and efficient player.