Podcast Parsons has a huge problem

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.
IMG-0424.gif

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
It's posts like these that make me hope Micah leaves so people see just how terrible we are without him

CoachD

Reaction score
I did notice you provided no video to back up your claims making your stance untenable.
Oh really well since you're too lazy to look it up yourself here you go.............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3WdI_v0RY&t=286s

HanD

Reaction score
14 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. That was him playing LB. 94.8 run defense grade in 2019. Again. Playing LB in college. Highest by a LB since 2014.

The Cowboys are not playing him properly!
and that was his second year playing lb ever. he was still learning the position and had that level of production. lead the team in tackles as a freshman not starting in his first year playing the position

Creeper

Reaction score
If I was Parsons I would be frustrated too. Quinn does noting to protect him from all those double and triple teams. If a team is going to keep a TE and/or a RB in for protection, why isn't Quinn blitzing 1 or two guys to occupy them, or to force them to make a decision on who they will block. Quinn got really soft the last few games and I suspect it was because he was afraid of the run. But that is no way to play defense. He needed to get more aggressive, especially against GB, not softer.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hey your name sounds familiar is that you old buddy?? Anyways, can you PLEASE get the video so we can see!!??? I've been a big advocate all season and last year of micah RUNNING up the field on every play as if every play is a pass play. He takes himself out of plays, and now making business decisions, didn't we just say this about Diggs last season???
I made a comment the last couple regular season games...I noticed Micah chasing the play from behind way more than Jaylon. Swear to god. :oops:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DC fans are insufferable at times. You get a super star and find fault in "said" said super star. How many dominant pass rushers do we have and have we had since Ware? MICAH PARSONS, that's it. And you want to get rid of that Super Star as if the next one is around the corner. We lucked up on Parsons anyways. Who knows how long it will take to get another dominant pass rusher here with Jerry running the ship.

How about this. Enjoy your Super Stars and talk about players we need to sign in order to get this team to where we need to go.

Parsons' doesn't choose where he wants to play on this defense, that's DQ. This is 2024, not 1994. Players will have podcast, tiktok accounts, youtube accounts, etc. Might as well get used to it because this is the day and age for it and kids in their 20's, 30's, all the way up to 60's engage in this. And players are friendly with other players of opposing teams as well. Stop b******* about it and get used to it.

Not all players do this, but this is life in 2024.

Now if you want change from our defense, look no further than the leader of our defense. Dan Quinn. As experienced as Dan Quinn is, he of all people should know you can't stop the run with a bunch of DBs. He set our defense up to fail against Green Bay, not Micah Parsons. But by all means, Jerry has the last say so anyways.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I made a comment the last couple regular season games...I noticed Micah chasing the play from behind way more than Jaylon. Swear to god. :oops:
It's an issue that's been going on for a while that i've noticed, he has to be able to get up the field a bit, fight back and make the play, instead of just pass rushing way up the field taking himself out of the play

phildadon86

Reaction score
and that was his second year playing lb ever. he was still learning the position and had that level of production. lead the team in tackles as a freshman not starting in his first year playing the position
Yup. But some here want to question my knowledge because he’s a good DE too.

HanD

Reaction score
Yup. But some here want to question my knowledge because he’s a good DE too.
what could go wrong, play a lb at de against guys that outweigh him by 80 lbs. make it easy to double team him. then blame him for wearing down and being "one dimensional". it's not like we were thin at lb and deep at de. oh wait.....

at the same time drool over roquan smith when micah could be just as impactful. they should be playing him at lb, moving him around. keeps defense guessing, letting him run sideline to sideline and he can disguise his rush. then on obvious passing downs put him at de and let him loose.

phildadon86

Reaction score
what could go wrong, play a lb at de against guys that outweigh him by 80 lbs. make it easy to double team him. then blame him for wearing down and being "one dimensional". it's not like we were thin at lb and deep at de. oh wait.....

at the same time drool over roquan smith when micah could be just as impactful. they should be playing him at lb, moving him around. keeps defense guessing, letting him run sideline to sideline and he can disguise his rush. then on obvious passing downs put him at de and let him loose.
Amazing concept! LOL

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
#11 has embraced HIS brand..the only thing suprising about this is that some of you thought he was immune to the disease that has engulfed this franchise...the Owner/GM showed him the way....

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's not my fault you don't know a damn thing about football.
I know what clowns and trolls look like. You clinging to that ridiculous video tells me all I need to know about your football acumen.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.
He was a LB in college and played MLB in a 4-3 defense. He is not use to getting hit consistently in the mouth by 300-350 pound OL. Demarcus Ware and Lawrence Taylor played DE in college so the move to 3-4 OLB was a blessing to take advantage of their speed, strength and athleticism. You take Parson a 4.36 40yd time, 6-3-246 pound LB and punish him in the running game (because you have no LBers or DTs) he is going to look soft. He is not soft. Just misused.

Parson like other defensive players in the past are being used up out of position by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones and his puppet Head Coaches.

Read his scouting reports and you will see what is the real problem.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A 240 pound guy going up against 330 pound men all season long....and dominating them......sometimes 2 or 3 at a time? Yeah that doesn't really sound like someone "soft".
It sounds like an injury waiting to happen and a very short career.