Podcast Parsons has a huge problem

plymkr

Reaction score
I don’t know if Micah is soft as much as he disappears in big games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Incorrect. He was one the top rated run defender in college at the LB position. The Cowboys are playing him out of position.
I’m referencing how the Cowboys play him. I didn’t see him in college. In the pros I’m witnessed someone who isn’t good against the run and teams are running at him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He deserves criticism but to call him soft is extreme.
how about stupid??
He has turned into a one trick pony (coaches and jerrys and fans fault) and now teams have adjusted, and refs seem to be ok letting him get held,
so he has become ineffective with his one trick, so is kinda useless , or just avg player.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’m referencing how the Cowboys play him. I didn’t see him in college. In the pros I’m witnessed someone who isn’t good against the run and teams are running at him.
14 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. That was him playing LB. 94.8 run defense grade in 2019. Again. Playing LB in college. Highest by a LB since 2014.

The Cowboys are not playing him properly!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
he's reaching for something to support his opinion, all the way back to college days lol.
what they did in college is totally irrelevant now

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
14 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. That was him playing LB. 94.8 run defense grade in 2019. Again. Playing LB in college. Highest by a LB since 2014.

yes, let's take our best passrusher and give him more coverage responsiblilities! Brilliant.

Not even accounting for the fact that those TFL and sacks are likely just on blitzes.

You people think Parsons is some dynamic LB. He's not. He's is a run and hit player, and he is the best player in the league at it. Let him do that.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.
I did notice you provided no video to back up your claims making your stance untenable.

phildadon86

Reaction score
yes, let's take our best passrusher and give him more coverage responsiblilities! Brilliant.

Not even accounting for the fact that those TFL and sacks are likely just on blitzes.

You people think Parsons is some dynamic LB. He's not. He's is a run and hit player, and he is the best player in the league at it. Let him do that.
LOL. I have game tape of his rookie year and his college tape showing how dynamic he was at that position.

Running him into triple and double teams of OL all season is why he is dead on his feet come the end of the year.

You like to pretend you know more than everyone. You dont. Stop trying to diminish other opinions because you dont like them.

The guy had the highest run defense grade since 2014 at LB. You dont get that at DE.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
LOL. I have game tape of his rookie year and his college tape showing how dynamic he was at that position.

Running him into triple and double teams of OL all season is why he is dead on his feet come the end of the year.

You like to pretend you know more than everyone. You dont. Stop trying to diminish other opinions because you dont like them.

The guy had the highest run defense grade since 2014 at LB. You dont get that at DE.
I don't care about his PFF grade, especially in a limited sample size.

He is the best passrusher in the league. Not using him as a passrusher is stupid.

I don't think I'm smarter than everyone. I do think I'm smarter than anyone who doesn't realize that passing offense and 4-man passrush units are what drive success in this league. Those are the top priorities and everything else is ancillary. I don't care about making the 4-man passrush worse in order to make the run defense marginally better. That is not going to make your team better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
how about stupid??
He has turned into a one trick pony (coaches and jerrys and fans fault) and now teams have adjusted, and refs seem to be ok letting him get held,
so he has become ineffective with his one trick, so is kinda useless , or just avg player.
He just made All Pro. Why is his intellect being questioned?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He’s my best edge rusher. This defense took a whole new level when he became an edge rusher. Find a linebacker. I can’t find a edge rusher as good.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
And unfortunately, that problem is that Parsons is soft!!! This guy is not aggressive and or physical whatsoever when it comes to playing the run, as a matter of fact Parsons will avoid contact at all costs. If you don't believe me just go watch the tape against the Packers on youtube where someone breaks down the film of Parsons playing the run and I'm here to tell ya guys it's flat out embarrassing! Now I know a lot of you are gonna come out and defend this guy (most likely those who don't know or who have never played football) saying that it's a "business decision" well I've got news for ya he'll never be the guy or leader you're looking for on the Cowboys defense especially with that approach to stopping the run.
What a great name, using that now, number 11 - Podcast Parsons!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Micah wins with his speed. Gets people off balance and then the power shows up. His power comes from speed. Nothing wrong with that, and can be extremely effective, especially if we put the right people around him to compliment that.

We need DT's to hold their ground and eat space. Need 1 big LB and let Micah hunt and roam the field at will.

When a good offense knows what Micah is doing and can account for him, he can be neutralized.

I would rather have LB Micah with 125+ tackles, 10 sacks, 25 tackles for a loss, 2 picks and 5 forced fumbles vs DE 14 sack Micah.