RELEASED Poe and Worley Officially Cut

Mr_437

Reaction score

"When you're 30 pounds overweight and you're not doing anything about what's keeping you from performing well on the field, there is no reason to get into the other stuff," Jones told ESPN.

"We have a platform here but the platform on the football field has a high standard, and he [Poe] was not up to the standard. He needed to correct that and he did not. I'm going to leave it at that."

Jerry azz ain't up to standard on the football operations. He the Dontari Poe of GMs, 30 years past usefulness instead of 30 pounds overweight. I'm going to leave it at that.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I am going to chalk this up as sarcasm, there is no other sane explanation.

Do you think that if YOU cant think of no other explanation that means there IS no other explanation?

If your answer is yes: that is - per definition - insanity.

ghst187

Reaction score
Some accountability for sucking finally. When does Crawford and DLaw get cut? And Nolan?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Do you think that if YOU cant think of no other explanation that means there IS no other explanation?

If your answer is yes: that is - per definition - insanity.
So you actually thought Garrett managed the salary cap?
Now that, by definition, is insanity.
:laugh:

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
So you actually thought Garrett managed the salary cap?
Now that, by definition, is insanity.
:laugh:

I do think that Garrett was the guy who actually assembled people tha were able to manage the cap. Or put better: He convinced the FO to put those people in the right places (McClay for instance) and listen to them. He also had influnce in the FO so SJ took a step back.

Do you remember when SJ 5 opr 6 years ago said "salary cap hell always makes him chuckle" ? We were in cap hell then. It took us nealry 6 years under Garrett to get out of it.
The last 2-3 years we were finally in good shape. One reason was also that SJ took a step back. He changed his behaviour completely.

Now with 8 months of a new HC in we already have 13+ mils of dead money, were we started with 1.2 mils into the season.

We signed FAs in the offseason that are already cut.

• HAHA
  • Poe
  • Worley
  • Griffen
  • Carr
  • our hurt 3 tech
Does this GM, FO and HC dont do their tape and character work on those players ?

I dont say it was all Garrett. But Garrett was the influence to change the FO's approach.
I dont say Garrett was the one who could lead us to a SB but right now the behaviour of our new HC and our FO is a clear downgrade.

Londonboy

Reaction score
fatcatdance.gif

160px-Tortoise-1.jpg

Bye.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Can you imagine having the chance every week to get 45k and all you have to do is meet a certain weight limit. Basically I will give you a 45k bonus every week just for being a bit healthier. What kind of a world do we live in where someone would be given this chance and simply say nah i am cool thanks.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Funny thing is this board as a collective was gung-ho for most of those signings.

It just goes to show you how difficult it is to build a successful team not just for the short-haul, but for the long-haul too.

Especially when you have an incompetent FO.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Does anyone attribute these cuts being made by the FO to MM reshaping the team?