Police Officer on Duty - Did Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rags747

Reaction score
Sheriff Israel is in major coverup mode, he has has been since his first news conference. Cape Coral police, Not Broward county police were actually first on scene. Look at the policies that Broward County adopted in 2013, major fail here. He needs to be held accountable as does Peterson as does the FBI. The kid was a major F up no doubt, but many many balls dropped here. More will come out I'm sure.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sheriff Israel is in major coverup mode, he has has been since his first news conference. Cape Coral police, Not Broward county police were actually first on scene. Look at the policies that Broward County adopted in 2013, major fail here. He needs to be held accountable as does Peterson as does the FBI. The kid was a major F up no doubt, but many many balls dropped here. More will come out I'm sure.

Agreed.

Many balls were dropped but I go back to the point of what could they have done that wouldn't have violated his civil rights?

That's the problem.

I think like just with 9-11 where certain civil liberties involving surveillance and such were encroached upon other civil liberties may have to be encroached upon in order to stop something like this.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I didn't like when Sheriff Israel was on a CNN special trying to sound like he's a philosopher with much wisdom to share with the rest of us little people. It looked like he really enjoyed his 15 minutes in the sun.
I really felt like he came off as a partisan putz.

Too bad he didn't have a better understanding of the capabilities of his own force. It wouldn't surprise me to hear they suffer from low morale and poor training.

diefree666

Reaction score
Its a messy area when talking about civil rights vs public safety. To me Cruz crossed that line so many times that there is no excuse for something not being done. A total failure of the system top to bottom.

GMO415

Reaction score
The copy cat shooters are coming out the woodwork. Just in LA alone we've had 74 cases since .

rags747

Reaction score
The copy cat shooters are coming out the woodwork. Just in LA alone we've had 74 cases since .
Yep, just look at the former Miami Dolphins lineman who claimed that he worked in a hostile work environment, bullied by Richie Icognito, Pouncy etc. Well he was arrested today...the dude has some major snowflake issues.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I am no fan of CNN, but here is ther latest. 4 officers at school did not go in, they hid behind their cars.

Sources: Coral Springs police upset at some Broward deputies for not entering school
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html
The more I read about the way Broward Deputies handled the situation, the more I contempt I have for Sheriff Israel. The guy doesn't miss a television interview, but is clueless as to the deficient and unprofessional manner his police force performs. Coral Springs Cops entered the school ahead of Broward Deputies? That is shameful.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They stopped arresting teens 2-3 years ago for 12 different crimes like vandalism, disorderly conduct, marijuana..... that is why deputies visited the shooter's home 30 times and he was never arrested

So many fails

kskboys

Reaction score
They stopped arresting teens 2-3 years ago for 12 different crimes like vandalism, disorderly conduct, marijuana..... that is why deputies visited the shooter's home 30 times and he was never arrested

So many fails
When they stopped punishing criminals, this society started failing. Not too late to stop it, but it would be tough.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I was listening to the radio this morning.

Training and Arming teachers - is not the way to go.

Like they said give them the tools to check mental health and they are a step in the right direction.
You kidding? We all know the best call is to kill the kids in the crossfire.;)

rags747

Reaction score
Well too many arrests on the books and Broward County would not qualify for special Fed funding, thus the new laws of let's not make arrests. Sheriff Israel sold his soul to the school board politicians and now he really needs to pay the price. Disgusting that he allowed Rubio, the NRA etc to be roasted on the CNN special but he did not have the balls to say that his team screwed the pooch royally. He's as much of a coward as his men that did not go in to confront the shooter. I look forward to the day that he resigns or is relieved of his command...It shouldn't be much longer. He's a political hack, nothing more.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly right.

Someone threatening to shoot up a school... I mean, how do you handle that and not violate their civil rights?
Once you threaten a school, event, church, or anything with potential for mass injuries or deaths, you arrest their butt and ask questions later.

That's why we have courts. Laws get changed and civil liberties can be forfeited in these cases.

Having someone unlawfully arrested is much better than having to keep dealing with these type of events.

As a country we need to get over this mentality of feelings being hurt and get back to respect for others and the law.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

Many balls were dropped but I go back to the point of what could they have done that wouldn't have violated his civil rights?

That's the problem.

I think like just with 9-11 where certain civil liberties involving surveillance and such were encroached upon other civil liberties may have to be encroached upon in order to stop something like this.

I would Imagine he COULD be treated as a domestic terrorist.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe if they had crimes on their record they wouldn't pass the background checks
It's even deeper than that. We don't want to blame any more. Too afraid of hurting someone's feelings. So we let things slide. And then more things slide. Until it's out of control. Which is getting closer.

Laws and such were passed to protect the people. Now, we've gone so far overboard that we're allowing the lawbreaking of a few to affect many many people in the name of considering every whim and whistle of each individual. What's been lost is that to protect the good of the majority, lawbreakers must be punished harshly.

I think it was Blackstone who talked about the whole of the community, and how the needs of the individual must be sacrificed at times to protect the whole, the community.

People aren't going to be good just because you ask them to. Laws must be passed and enforced strongly for the good of the whole. Crime will slowly dwindle if criminals are punished swiftly and harshly. That's the only way that's ever worked.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well too many arrests on the books and Broward County would not qualify for special Fed funding, thus the new laws of let's not make arrests. Sheriff Israel sold his soul to the school board politicians and now he really needs to pay the price. Disgusting that he allowed Rubio, the NRA etc to be roasted on the CNN special but he did not have the balls to say that his team screwed the pooch royally. He's as much of a coward as his men that did not go in to confront the shooter. I look forward to the day that he resigns or is relieved of his command...It shouldn't be much longer. He's a political hack, nothing more.
They went the opposite way of what they should have done. More harsh punishment. That's why these people aren't afraid of the law any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.