Police Officer on Duty - Did Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Big difference between having a firearm and having the courage to use it against another human... Takes even more courage to use it against someone that has the capacity to shoot back.
That's why the person hired to protect these students should be someone proven under fire to react with the skill to get the job done. I suggest it be a retired military veteran with combat experience and interdiction training. Maybe their is already members of the teacher faculty that fits that description. Troops to Teachers is a program that helps vets transition from the military to the civilan population. There are thousands of these former military people teaching in our schools right now and already have the the training require to stop a school shooter. They just need one more thing to complete that objective, the tool to get the job done, a firearm.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just when we think this can't any worse. They should relieve the Sheriff of his job and take a hard look at the rest of the deputies. Four forgot that Protect part of their oath as peace officers.

I wonder how many good cops are seeing this story unfold with their hearts breaking? There are many of them that would have laid down their lives for just one of those victims.

GMO415

Reaction score
I hate to be morbid but I got a feeling there's going to be a total of 19 deaths when this incidents all said and done ....

The killer will get the needle and that retired cop will have a hard time living with the deaths of 17 innocent people.

kskboys

Reaction score
I hate to be morbid but I got a feeling there's going to be a total of 19 deaths when this incidents all said and done ....

The killer will get the needle and that retired cop will have a hard time living with the deaths of 17 innocent people.
1 month. That's how long this killer's life should last after the incident.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Insanity plea or not. If he's insane, put him out of his misery. If not, put him out of our misery.
He will definitely get the death penalty in FLA as he should. Insanity pleas rarely work. Him setting off the fire alarm would kill that plea as soon as they enter it.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will definitely get the death penalty in FLA as he should. Insanity pleas rarely work. Him setting off the fire alarm would kill that plea as soon as they enter it.
One thing I heard was him confessing in exchange for the death penalty off the table but I hope that was an error. But if he is sentenced to death, the appeals will take 10-15 years, if not longer, but that is most deserving in this case.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
One thing I heard was him confessing in exchange for the death penalty off the table but I hope that was an error. But if he is sentenced to death, the appeals will take 10-15 years, if not longer, but that is most deserving in this case.
I just looked it up to see the status. It looks like his public defender has offered the plea "as a way to let the community move on and avoid a trial" basically giving them a way to try to sweep this under the rug with all the LE/media/political implications; basically cover for the institutions in place but no justice for the victims' families. The DA shouldn't take his plea and force this to trial if he's still trying to get life when it comes time to go to court; he's got nothing to lose at this point. Shows why the coward didn't off himself.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 month. That's how long this killer's life should last after the incident.

You can blame the Warren court for death sentences stringing out forever.

After Charles Starkweather's killing spree ended in January 1958, he met the electric chair in June of 1959.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Big difference between having a firearm and having the courage to use it against another human... Takes even more courage to use it against someone that has the capacity to shoot back.

I agree, glad I’m not in that position myself. Makes me wonder why more ex military aren’t hired as police...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Well what the F did these guys sign up for, DONUTS? $100k+ per year in Fla. these guys need to be toast and soon. I have more friggin anger at the Coward County police and Sheriff Israels political bs than I do the F up kid. They need to be called out because the truth has still not come out. Maybe Israel told his deputy's to stand down? Cowards all of them...

Actually as a Canadian who has zero respect for cops, I believe they sign up for the pay...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Lot of my family members are with the "force".... these postings are usually given to the worst among them, they are pseudo-punishments... that should change, but I am not at all surprised by his inaction. One must also consider that he had a handgun, he would've been slaughtered by an AR-15.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
That's why providing security at each school, while a must have is still flawed. Even more flawed is arming teachers... I can easily see a teacher accidently killing an innocent student during one of these events.

Big difference between someone having a gun on them and having the courage and the mental attributes to use in properly in a situation like that... Not easy to kill someone. Strapping on a gun doesn't make you John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.

If there is any solution it will be a combination of things... Some of which are going to curtail (somewhat) existing freedoms when it comes to firearms and what steps can be taken with someone who is thought to have issues when it comes to mental stability.

If a teacher stopped this guy in 30 seconds AND killed 2 innocent kids on accident, that would still be +15 kids alive.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess who absolutely had nothing to do with this situation and is getting most of the blame?
The NRA.

If you look at the big picture– I mean a history of this sort of thing (mass killings using similar weapons) at some point you could foresee blowback to the NRA taking place... Rightly or wrongly.

I figured more of it would have occurred after Sandy Hook... But it didn't develop as strongly as I thought it was going to.

Then.

But now it is, and the blowback will heighten after more of these devastating events.

If it were my kid laying on a slab after being shot 9 times (which one girl was) I'd be looking for "scalps" too.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If you look at the big picture– I mean a history of this sort of thing (mass killings using similar weapons) at some point you could foresee blowback to the NRA taking place... Rightly or wrongly.

I figured more of it would have occurred after Sandy Hook... But it didn't develop as strongly as I thought it was going to.

Then.

But now it is, and the blowback will heighten after more of these devastating events.

If it were my kid laying on a slab after being shot 9 times (which one girl was) I'd be looking for "scalps" too.
This was an organized attack by activists that were waiting for any tragedy to pounce

Status
Not open for further replies.