Police Officer on Duty - Did Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardline

Reaction score
If you look at the big picture– I mean a history of this sort of thing (mass killings using similar weapons) at some point you could foresee blowback to the NRA taking place... Rightly or wrongly.

I figured more of it would have occurred after Sandy Hook... But it didn't develop as strongly as I thought it was going to.

Then.

But now it is, and the blowback will heighten after more of these devastating events.

If it were my kid laying on a slab after being shot 9 times (which one girl was) I'd be looking for "scalps" too.
The scalps are the FBI. and local law enforcement. The NRA didn't contribute to this one bit.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was an organized attack by activists that were waiting for any tragedy to pounce

Yeah there's that too.

But at some point all these mass murders were going to light a fuse.

Like I posted before I think you could see this coming... I just figured it would happen sooner.

I think there's going to have to be some give with a number of issues in order to help reduce the number of these events.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The scalps are the FBI. and local law enforcement. The NRA didn't contribute to this one bit.

Oh the FBI and the locals bear responsibility...

But there's a consistent thread through all these events that goes beyond the FBI and local law enforcement.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
No one would look at it that way.

And the fallout would be brutal.

Then they're being unrealistic.

Even cops shoot innocent bystanders.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/25/nypd-shooting-bystander-victims-hit-by-police-gunfire.html
http://abc13.com/hpd-bullets-hit-innocent-woman-inside-home/2377150/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-innocent-bystanders/?utm_term=.80c1b888b343
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/us/chicago-robert-rialmo-quintonio-legrier-bettie-jones.html

So to act like there isnt a chance of someone innocent being hit during a crap hit the fan live shooter incident is silly. It could happen to anyone.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lot of my family members are with the "force".... these postings are usually given to the worst among them, they are pseudo-punishments... that should change, but I am not at all surprised by his inaction. One must also consider that he had a handgun, he would've been slaughtered by an AR-15.
This is not true, you clearly have no knowledge of guns at all.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Lot of my family members are with the "force".... these postings are usually given to the worst among them, they are pseudo-punishments... that should change, but I am not at all surprised by his inaction. One must also consider that he had a handgun, he would've been slaughtered by an AR-15.
He was being paid to protect those children if dying became part of doing it so be it His job was to stop that shooter as rapidly as possible

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Big difference between a cop shooting an innocent and a teacher...

And no, they are not the same.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Agreed. Training & arming teachers is not the way to go... I can see innocents being shot or simply folks not having the intestinal fortitude to aim a gun at someone and pull the trigger.

It's the only way to fix it. That's why you use people who've already proven they can do the job. People who aren't supposed to get shot rarely do in that kind of situation. Other situations yea but not in one like that although I'd never say never.

What's the difference in having people come to respond and having people there already?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Agreed.

Many balls were dropped but I go back to the point of what could they have done that wouldn't have violated his civil rights?

That's the problem.

I think like just with 9-11 where certain civil liberties involving surveillance and such were encroached upon other civil liberties may have to be encroached upon in order to stop something like this.

Remove his ability to purchase a weapon. Not a 100% but it would stop or slow him down if not stop him. All it takes is a good sig to have him standing in front of a judge.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh the FBI and the locals bear responsibility...

But there's a consistent thread through all these events that goes beyond the FBI and local law enforcement.
Yes. I can think of two consistent threads that have lead to all of these events:
The moral breakdown of society and the softening of punishments for criminals.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
This student has known the shooter since middle school and she stated two amazing things:

1) She walked out of the school with the shooter.
2) She said there was another shooter in another building when she talked to the single shooter getting all the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.