Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

irishline

Reaction score
Or a very catchable pass that countless five-year-olds could make?

Or how about we assign some of the blame to both of them like it truly should be?

Catchable pass? Yes. Could it have actually been thrown to him instead of making him reach back for it? Yes. You know it is okay to say more than 1 person is at fault for a play not working correctly?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think it was an easy catch to make and I think it was a poorly thrown ball, if you wanted a TD. The problem there, IMO, was that Olawale knew that in order to make the catch, he would have had to come out of the endzone and he would have been tackled short. Notice the position of the trailing defender. I mean, no question, he should have made the catch regardless and put the Cowboys in a 1st and goal from the 1. That was just stupid on his part, especially for a guy who has been in the league for 7 years. I think that this was the case thou. The alternative, of course, is that the guy is so inept at catching the ball that he dropped a pass that any football player on any level would have had a very good chance to catch.

However, and this is not the only pass that Dak did this with, he short armed it. That was an easy pass and he should have put it on him. At the very least, he should have thrown it into the EZ. He did neither and there really is no excuse for that from a Professional QB. People can read my post and think I am putting it on Dak or what have you but that's just the truth guys. That's 7 that we left on the field because we couldn't execute one of the easiest passes in the game. That's just the simple truth.

Last edited:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
There is where we separate the Dak critics from the Dak haters. If you say, Dak had a rough day and has to improve, but that drop was on Olawale, then I would consider you a rational Dak critic.

If you see that and think that was Dak's fault, you are a Dak hater and probably highly irrational.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about a guy missed a very easy catch that I have seen countless five-years-olds make, but for some reason, Dak-haters want to put the blame on him?
'Haters' is an extreme label for most Prescott critics and I have never seen a five-year old make that catch :laugh:but I have seen high school, college and professional players make similar or exact same catches from similar or exact same average passes.

'Difficulty' has become a strong counter-argument for 'catchable'. Difficult passes have been caught since the sport was created and by different players on offense AND defense. Not sure why Olawale's effort is the exception.