Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should not have been in the game; or if in game, should have been decoy for someone else getting the pass. Dak should stop fading backward on his passes. A possible seven points to avoid the dreaded shutout.

A FB that rarely plays has no value as a decoy. Part of why he was so open is because the defense wasn't focused on him. I personally have no problem with the play call - the play call itself was a great success. The execution by Dak and Olawale is what failed. Both are more than capable of making that play, but both fell well short of executing like they should have.

Jenky

Reaction score
Seriously? THATS All you got? Your either a total idiot or blind. Watch the play dufus, dude just DROPS it... any player worth their salt could have made that catch. And yea I'm calling him a scrub... IF he was worth a crap, he would be on the field EVERY game EVERY play.

I voted the 2nd option. He drops it, I get it. The pass wasn't good. Whats the excuse this time? He wasn't open by exactly 4 yards and 1/16th of an inch? When you do stuff like this errors tend to happen. Throw a pass slightly behind someone and watch a tip drill occur and interception happen.

This inst his worst pass. I agree. I can show you FAR worse in this colts game where he misses multiple receivers who are open by YARDs. This is a very basic play and he had no pressure.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seriously? THATS All you got? Your either a total idiot or blind. Watch the play dufus, dude just DROPS it... any player worth their salt could have made that catch. And yea I'm calling him a scrub... IF he was worth a crap, he would be on the field EVERY game EVERY play.
And who trusted him to catch the ball, rather than throwing to Jarwin? If he's a scrub, why did Dak have confidence in him?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They have not been using him much, let Zeke or a tightend run that play.

True and was a big reason for him being wide open on the play. I don't have an issue with the play it was there for the taking. Hell if offenses like Houston can run an offensive play with a DE in JJ watts making the TD grab I see no reason that an NFL fullback can't do the same

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The problem was with the receiver who peed his pants because he was more worried about Scoring then securing the ball. The ball was dropped in there very soft and was a tad short of the end zone but at worst case it should have been a completion down at the 3-6 inch line becausebthat was as easy a catch and soft as throw as a receiver could get in the NFL lmao.

Thats probably what's gonna happen when our tes gets targeted in the end zone. Lmao. Its called a lack of talent. None of those guys can walk and chew gum or catch without stopping first lmao

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My grandmother could have caught that pass and she’s dead.
My grandmother's dead too, but she could've thrown it and your grandmother could've caught it. :laugh:
There was no excuse not to catch that pass.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
After reading your reply,
I just went and watched it again, and he was looking at the ball the whole time. He just misjudged the speed of it. My guess is that he misjudged the speed because it comes faster in practice.

You might be right, but in my estimation IF he was looking at the ball all the way in and still missed it as bad as he did, he must be blind.
Course granted it may not look the same on the field as it does from my chair. LOL

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If the receiver can get 2 hands on the ball, he should catch it. You can argue that Dak put the ball a little short of the end zone, but that was a completely catchable pass. Probably 10% of that play is Dak and 90% is Olawale.

plymkr

Reaction score
Prescott could have thrown a slightly better pass but it was 90% Olawale dropping the pass.
Yeah it looked Olawale was thinking the ball was on fire or something. The ball got closer to him and he pulled his hands back like he was scared to fully extend his arms and grab it.

Dante54

Reaction score
Dufus? Are you 5 years old .

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, that's a bit surprising. Only 5 votes blaming Dak.

That just goes to show that there are not that many blaming Dak for everything, just as there aren't many who think he's elite. Most are in the middle, as usual.

kskboys

Reaction score
If the receiver can get 2 hands on the ball, he should catch it. You can argue that Dak put the ball a little short of the end zone, but that was a completely catchable pass. Probably 10% of that play is Dak and 90% is Olawale.
I agree w/ those percentages.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Dufus? Are you 5 years old .
Actually I'm in my 50's so there ya go again trying to do what doesn't come natural...dufus is a "nice" way of saying something else. See, I did the thinking part for you.

JMech

Reaction score
This thread has gone on for way too long. I will say this in summary having seen this real time and replayed 10-15 times, the guy should have caught the ball. It hit him in the hands. Could Dak have thrown a better pass??....yes, but that would have entailed him handing the ball to him.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I agree w/ those percentages.

As a known Dak "hater," I don't agree with them. I'd be willing to give Dak .0001% of the blame, and the rest on the FB.

No Dak's pass was not perfect, and it didn't need to be. Because of the play call (don't understand the criticism here), the margin for error on the throw was huge. Dak's throw was well within that margin of error, and wasn't that short. There wasn't a lot of space out in front of the FB, so it couldn't lead him too much. I have no problem with the throw (but do recognize it could be better). I'll also point out, those (I saw a few in here somewhere) trying to use the point of "someone in Dak's face" as an argument in his favor need to stop. Nobody was close to him. It's a dumb argument, and one that doesn't even need to be made in this case.

The FB is not moving that fast and just makes a terrible attempt to catch the ball. This should be caught 100% of the time (or 99.9999% - I know it can't be perfect). This is almost as easy as it gets to make a catch in this league.