Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Pass was good enough. Should have been caught!

I disagree here. Pass was not good enough. Lets be honest, the design of the route was to take the FB into the endzone. It was not to throw short of the endzone. His route and his momentum are taking him away from the location of the ball. That pass was not impossible because he had time to adjust and come back to the ball but it meant that he would likely not get a TD. The pass should never have been thrown short of the endzone because there was no defender in position to impede that throw. That ball should have been to the endzone and not short of it. It should have been thrown with pace and not lobbed. The only thing that accomplished was to allow for the defender to close distance and be in a better position to stop the FB from scoring. The pass was bad, as simple as that and you can't say it any other way. However, the play from the FB was worse because you make that catch and give your team 4 more downs to try and get a score. That was worse but it doesn't change the fact that the pass was bad to begin with.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Will be awaiting you and others YouTube videos of you catching a similar shirt behind thrown ball while going full speed in another direction.
That’s a ridiculous and inaccurate description of the play. Watch it again. Olawale wasn’t running full speed, had practically stopped.the pass wasn’t behind him. It was lobbed a little short and his eye/hand coordination was off as he slapped his hands together missing the ball completely. I’m 61 years old, and other than the fear of being hit and hospitalized, I know I’d catch that pass every time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this simply shows it was a Team loss, pretty much every phase and coaching failed yesterday, hence 23-0..just throw it out and move on, please lets move on..the skys falling again and all the 3-5 hate threads all have reappeared

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I uploaded the video yesterday for another thread. Here it is:

Man!! the QB shouldn't even be in the conversation on this, regardless how it came off of the QB hands it came to you. He clearly was concerned about the endzone and lost his focus, look at how he closes his hands as if to catch it before it even got there.

ANYONE PUTTING THIS ON DAK IS SIMPLY A HATER!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good question. I think Olawale knew he was wide enough but the slight underthrow would take him away from the endzone. In my opinion, he panicked in that split second causing him to slap his hands together at empty air. It does not take long for indecision to affect your next action.
it was in fact 3rd and 1 from the 3 so yes if he stops and simply comes back even slightly its first down and goal instead of waiting for it to come to him into the td..we didnt need a td at this point..first down was there..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Take Olawale's hands/arms out of the way, that pass would have hit him in his lower stomach area or no lower than his waist. Easily catchable ball. That play was on Olawale.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

Receivers (anyone catching) have to make adjustments pretty much on every pass, their job is to catch the ball.

guess it's why the QB gets credit on a hailmary catch!!?
we got it all twisted!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You left out: Prescott threw an easily catchable pass, but Olawale simply gator-armed it under pressure.

I wonder why this version was left out? o_O
Don't you know? @blumayne38 certified me as a Prescott hater just yesterday. I thought everyone would know that by now..?

Good grief. I should have stopped for my real work while I was ahead. CowboysZone. Sheesh.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Man!! the QB shouldn't even be in the conversation on this, regardless how it came off of the QB hands it came to you. He clearly was concerned about the endzone and lost his focus, look at how he closes his hands as if to catch it before it even got there.

ANYONE PUTTING THIS ON DAK IS SIMPLY A HATER!

This is what's wrong with our Fan Base. You can't call it out for what it is. Man, you know that pass was bad. How could it not be? Now, that is not an excuse for the FB screwing this up. There is no excuse for that but just because the FB made an even worse play doesn't mean that we can't be honest about the actual throw. The pass was bad and because you call that out doesn't mean you hate anybody. It means your watching the game. That's just honesty. Gotta be honest about this stuff.

John813

Reaction score
Bad pass and bad catch attempt.

Basically poor play from almost everyone yesterday

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I know you're trying to be condescending, but comparing a top 1% athlete to a dude on a football forum is kinda dumb - even for argument's sake.

That is a pretty routine catch for a professional football player.
Im not trying to be condescending or comparing jack spit so spare me. They are the ones saying they and various other little kids and the like can do it. How is me asking for proof of said skills condescending? Some of y'all find a new words and just run it into the ground. If anything is kinda dumb is you being the online stick up man for these guys comparing themselves to these better athletes in your view. It's a pretty routine catch for a wideout but not a seldom used fb and even the wideouts drop a nice amount of balls thrown behind them.