Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s a poor throw and it’s a ball that should be caught. IMO with a guy like Olawale you are asking for a drop if you don’t put it right on the money. Doesn’t excuse the drop, but clearly you aren’t throwing to Cooper or Beasley, or even a Zeke. In other words, I’m not surprised that Olewale dropped it but I am surprised that Dak couldn’t deliver a ball that Olewale would run right under (and not have to slow down and adjust to). It happens, there’s a reason that was open and it’s because guys like O aren’t seen as threats.
I agree with all but the last sentence. I think he was open because it was a well designed play. (Now, I suppose putting Olawale in that position, thinking they wouldn't be too concerned about him might be what you meant. ;))

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Anyone who is calling that a difficult catch has an agenda. The pass stunk, but that's a catch my 16 year old with Down syndrome could have made.
He clutched his hands a half second before the ball got there. Inexcusable.

Exactly. He must've been looking at something other than the ball because like you said, he actually grasped for the ball before it got there.
Olawale had to be stargazing to miss that ball the way he did.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, Ole should've caught it, and I'm sure he'd tell you that. Does that mean he sucks or shouldn't have been in there? Absolutely not. He's a good receiver who had a bad drop at the wrong time. Happens.

Don't forget, Jackie Smith is a HOFer.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't vote because it's silly. The guy dropped what should be an easy catch for an NFL player. Don't you think they ran that play in practice and he made the catch. He closed his hands before the ball even got there so it doesn't really matter. He would have missed it anyway.
I'm quite sure they do practice that. I'm also quite sure Dak throws the ball a bit harder in practice.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It appeared he simply didn't "look the ball" all the way to his hands.
After reading your reply, I just went and watched it again, and he was looking at the ball the whole time. He just misjudged the speed of it. My guess is that he misjudged the speed because it comes faster in practice.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If Olawale needs a perfect pass in order to catch it then he had no business being on the field in that situation. He won't get an easier chance at a TD.
If Dak can't throw a perfect 5 yard pass, he doesn't make the players around him better and shouldn't be on the field.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, but a critical game like this is no time to unwrap Olawale. He probably dropped it b/c he couldn't beleive the ball was coming his way. I know I couldn't.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Olawale was a wideout in college. I decided to check out some YouTube video of him in Oakland. He has very good hands. There was a nice < 2 minute highlight video I saw worthy of posting showing his receiving skill but it contained language. I may consider downloading it this evening, mute the audio, and uploading it later.

The fullback/cannot catch counter-argument is a poor one for Owalale in this particular circumstance. He simply missed a catchable ball despite having very good receiving ability. That makes the TD drop worse on his part.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Olawale is paid money to run that route and the ball was catchable enough that someone paid money to run that route could have reasonably caught it. People that miss catching a pass like that typically get paid no money to run those routes.

Dak should have put the ball in his chest, but Olawale should not get some free pass so folks can pile on Prescott.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I chose #1. Everybody talks about Olawale shouldn't be there, or he is not a receiver, etc... I accept that, but it means Dak should have known this and made it as easy on him as possible.

We've seen many of those from Dak. Remember how many time Zeke is on the side and Dak underthrows it? Or Zeke/Smith/Bease is behind the DL line and he underthrows it? I've seen it many times

Something in Dak's head causes him to get giddy when the pocket collapses and that affects his accuracy. When he is comfortable he makes most of them, but when he is nervous, giddy, uncomfortable, he loses it big time.

I am off his bandwagen, but I keep wondering if he get a real QB coach to work with him. Most attributes are there, it's a head case with him me thinks

:cool:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott could have thrown a slightly better pass but it was 90% Olawale dropping the pass.

No. Olawale's momentum was taking him backwards. He can't stop on anime like Avery few could. to adjust to a very poorly thrown pass.
This was all on Dak. He needs to throw it with more velocity into the Receivers chest with his momentum.

this was like the 5th pass Dak has done this one that negated a TD or a huge 1st down.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about a guy missed a very easy catch that I have seen countless five-years-olds make, but for some reason, Dak-haters want to put the blame on him?

It is not about Dak haters, which I am not a Dak hater. But that was all on Dak. Watch it, don't be a Dak lover since you bring that up.
Watch it objectively.