Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I watch other QB throw the same pass with no issue of a player catching it. Hell there are a ton of passes that are not exactly on target that WR, RB and TE make every single weak.
So? That has absolutely nothing to do with this play.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
it was an easy catch, he never even extends his arm to make it he sit there waiting on the ball, you go get the ball. Nothing hard about it.
So? This has to do with the play, at least, but has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is, "Dak could have thrown a better pass and Olawele dropped a catchable pass" not an option?
How is that different from 'Prescott could have thrown a better pass & Olawale dropped a difficult but makeable TD catch.'?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Poor pass and even poorer catch. What can I say:thumbdown:

REAL easy throw to make. He wasn't standing still...he was running left to right (QB view). Just throw it out there and lead him like kids playing in a backyard.
Still, he for sure should've caught that ball, regardless of his momentum.
Manos de piedra
:laugh:
Right to left that is:D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it was not difficult
In my opinion it was difficult from Olawale's perspective, not necessary due to Prescott's pass. The one thing that I do not disagree with critics, whom I believe incorrectly placed the majority or all blame on Prescott's attempt, is the fact Olawale was trying to run parallel to the goal line as his pattern dictated. However, he did not make any realistic adjustment to the path of the ball. True, his inertia was carrying him toward the front pylon (a valid observation by Prescott critics) but a hard right foot placement he could have done easily in stride would have adjusted his forward momentum enough and possibly made his hand/eye coordination a tad better. Unfortunately, he did practically nothing below the waist and did not do enough above the waist (e.g. hand placement) to snag the pass.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Right to left that is:D
Now, You've totally got me confused,,,o_O

:lmao:

* this thread was locked down earlier this A.M. when I'd read pretty much every single post,,, I voted on that #5 optional selection, as It " FELT" to me while watching the game as it continued to unravel in real time,,, was that the #4, definitely over mentally compensated in attempting the insurance of success on that play, I could feel that particular vibe,ya, I know that's some strange weirdnesso_O

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one thing I respect about polls is how they very often reveal differences in individual perceptions. Observers saw the play both live and via the posted video.

Result? A number of varying conclusions that are accepted and rejected. Self-conceptions based on personal life experiences (i.e. played football, etc.). Truly fascinating stuff.

Birdgang

Reaction score
I don't make fun of any team that puts together a winning season. The NFL is, by design, not constructed for sustained excellence. There are exceptions, but very, very few.

If we go 10-6 and win a playoff game, that will be a good season. Not a great season, but a good season. Winning a conference championship is a great season. Winning the SB is spectacular.
im not so sure .... both Giants and Eagles have done well int he 21st century NFL . Yet most would think those teams sucked a ton .

Redline360

Reaction score
Underthrown ball however should be a 100% catchable ball by professional means. Hell by hs standards

Birdgang

Reaction score
I watch other QB throw the same pass with no issue of a player catching it. Hell there are a ton of passes that are not exactly on target that WR, RB and TE make every single weak.
its where it was placed though .. if overthrown a bit its easier to do .... underthrown is impossible at speed he was running. H e aint gonna stop on a dime cut back in that short time of pass.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would love to see a poll similar to this for the INT on the ball to Amari against Philly.

This was the exact same throw.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The one thing I respect about polls is how they very often reveal differences in individual perceptions. Observers saw the play both live and via the posted video.

Result? A number of varying conclusions that are accepted and rejected. Self-conceptions based on personal life experiences (i.e. played football, etc.). Truly fascinating stuff.
I think many of the votes reflect the posters' particular biases as well, even if they actually believe it's the complete fault of one or the other..........and especially if they believe it's the fault of the coaches.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. It wasn't the greatest pass in the world but it was most definitely catchable and expected to be caught by 99.9 percent of NFL players that make their livings catching passes.

The fundamental problem there was they tried to get cute & designed a play for a guy that hadn't caught 3 passes all season long.

Brilliance.
WHY are you telling me this?

kumizi

Reaction score
I’d say it was 30/70 Dak/Olawale. Ugly pass but you still gotta catch it.