Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Dak supporters - "greatest pass in NFL history dropped by scrub FB."

No. Pass could've been better, but it wasn't even a difficult ball to catch. I'm sure the FB looked good enough in practice to make the catch, but he was clearly overwhelmed by the moment.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There should have been a option there for:

Dak should be scrubbing the Head right now and Olawale should be digging Latrines.

:laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
the play design worked. there were two open players...execution sucked....

You can say that about a lot of plays that we run CFH. I don't like Linehan, never have but I gotta say that there have been guys open these past few games and we haven't executed. Even in the wins, there have been plays where we just didn't get six because we couldn't get the play ran correctly. We've been kinda living on borrowed time there, a little bit. Last Sunday, it came home to roast on us.

What can you say?

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
113 people think that's a difficult catch.... what in the world hahah

Those same 113 people think that the 40 yard bombs down the sideline are easy throws lmao
the guy just can't drop the pass , difficult has to be added as a qualifier. It was an easy pass to catch , the FB didn't have to slow down and almost stop as some see. nor have to turn into plasti-man and contort his body into a yoga position. Easy catch,

TheHerd

Reaction score
You or your 16 year couldn't make the catch and if y'all can with any consistency post it for the world to see. Do it just like the play too.
Haha, its too damn cold up here! And I can't throw passes that far behind receivers!

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Look, I get the general Dak criticisms, but blaming that drop on Dak just makes zero sense to me. There is no reason for any able bodied person to ever not catch that pass.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Meh, you Dak lovers are funny. It was a difficult catch but that there is no excuse for not catching it. However, those of us that deal in reality see a few other things.

1. Does he get in the endzone if he catches it? He's got to come back and by then, he could have been tackled right before the goal line.
2. Clutch QB's make things happen when it counts. Dak choked on that throw. We see it all the time when he's got to get the ball in the air, he's always long or short but rarely on. He's better at shorter passes when he can throw a dart but anything that needs air and he struggles more often than not.

My agenda is purely for this team to get better. If they get better with Dak, great. My feeling is this is the best we are getting from him so let's add some competition this Spring.

I'm no Dak lover, that was a crappy pass.

Yes he easily scores. Falls backwards on his butt into the end zone.

The one thing Dak is, is clutch. But yes, that pass was horrid. Still should have been caught by anyone with s number not in the 70s.
There are many examples of uncatchable red zone passes, like the one to Rico way back when.

CWR

Reaction score
the guy just can't drop the pass , difficult has to be added as a qualifier. It was an easy pass to catch , the FB didn't have to slow down and almost stop as some see. nor have to turn into plasti-man and contort his body into a yoga position. Easy catch,

I want to place all the blame on the FB, but in his defense and against Dak that ball came out strangely. It seemed like a breaking ball that dropped just short of the FB.

He just miscalculated it. Kind of a bad throw, followed by an even worse attempt at catching it. I dont deny it should've been caught though.

CB61

Reaction score
I voted the 2nd one but I don't really think it was difficult. He made it more difficult by trying to stay in the endzone. He needed to adjust back to it.

Not a great pass just like the one to Jarwin but they both should have made the play!
At the very least if he had caught it or as some suggest he come back to catch it would have been a first down

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think that Dak could have delivered the ball a bit better, but Olwale must catch that. Unfortunately, he's rubbish at catching so I'm not sure why the coaches had him in there. I thought that the coaches tried to be a bit too clever there. I thought that a read option with Dak would have been better there to use his size.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The expected percentage success rate with that pass for a FB or blocking TE is over 90%. A play can always be better, but dang, the dude was all twisted up in a panic trying to make a play on the ball.

In practice, the Cowboys probably ran that play 20 times with a throw on a rope.

Ren

Reaction score
If you're gonna run that play then put one of the TEs at FB. Dak had plenty of bad plays in that game but this one is not on him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think that Dak could have delivered the ball a bit better, but Olwale must catch that. Unfortunately, he's rubbish at catching so I'm not sure why the coaches had him in there. I thought that the coaches tried to be a bit too clever there. I thought that a read option with Dak would have been better there to use his size.
There was another option (Jarwin) in the back of the EZ, but Dak chose what should've been the easier throw.