Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
we did and lost 3 yards....

so the option is never use him....if the play worked, all would be here and talk about when we finally started to find the end zone in the redzone and do some clever play designs, etc. but the execution was bad. on Dak and Olawale.

On 4th. There was no reason not to run on 3rd. Zeke is our best player and was the only one doing anything. They did it when everyone knew it was coming. Skip throwing to a backup FB

Nexx

Reaction score
That was such a easy throw to make we shouldn’t be put in position to even question something like this but this is the kind of arm talent we have to struggle with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That was such a easy throw to make we shouldn’t be put in position to even question something like this but this is the kind of arm talent we have to struggle with.

LOL......no, these are the kinds of idiots we have as football fans to think that catch was anything other then the fault of the FB.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we did and lost 3 yards....

so the option is never use him....if the play worked, all would be here and talk about when we finally started to find the end zone in the redzone and do some clever play designs, etc. but the execution was bad. on Dak and Olawale.

He is terrible and should never touch the ball, especially at the goaline. Use Rod or another TE for that play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
'Haters' is an extreme label for most Prescott critics and I have never seen a five-year old make that catch :laugh:but I have seen high school, college and professional players make similar or exact same catches from similar or exact same average passes.

'Difficulty' has become a strong counter-argument for 'catchable'. Difficult passes have been caught since the sport was created and by different players on offense AND defense. Not sure why Olawale's effort is the exception.

it was floated high and soft, just so he couldnt couldn't screw it up. Not only did he keep running, he then trips, and then total misses the football.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
The FB literally clasps his hands together away from the ball and mistimed it completely. The ball was extremely catchable for your 12 year old nephew playing catch in the back yard let alone a professional football player.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This play kinda reminds me of the Jackie Smith TD drop against the Steelers. I mean, certainly Olawale is not in the Class of Jackie Smith and Dak is not a Roger Staubach but same kinda deal. Roger took something off that throw and it screwed Smith all up. Kinda the same situation here, seems like.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You use a towel? LOL..... Nobody is more shocked then I am right now GTB.

:laugh:

Huh?

I believe you are a troublemaker.

Send me some green Chile (none of the turista kind they serve in restaurasnts) and I will send you some pulque. My neighbor made it in his kitchen. Farmers Branch hazmat closed it down but he made a better batch.

blumayne38

Reaction score
This is what's wrong with our Fan Base. You can't call it out for what it is. Man, you know that pass was bad. How could it not be? Now, that is not an excuse for the FB screwing this up. There is no excuse for that but just because the FB made an even worse play doesn't mean that we can't be honest about the actual throw. The pass was bad and because you call that out doesn't mean you hate anybody. It means your watching the game. That's just honesty. Gotta be honest about this stuff.
This is it chief

Cmac

Reaction score
How about.....why in the #$#$ is someone drawing a play up for this guy beyond blocking....on a critical pass route and critical down?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I am pretty hard on Dak but that pass was not on him. That was 100% on the player not catching it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The FB literally clasps his hands together away from the ball and mistimed it completely. The ball was extremely catchable for your 12 year old nephew playing catch in the back yard let alone a professional football player.

My 5 year old daughter catches that pass. High floated, soft pass. He threw it just that way so the guy would have plenty of time to see it and catch it.

Carson

Reaction score
That pass is caught 99/100 times.

We are always the 1 percent.

He short armed the ball. Simple as that

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How about.....why in the #$#$ is someone drawing a play up for this guy beyond blocking....on a critical pass route and critical down?

This is funny because as we were watching (in disbelieve I might add) my Wife was yelling at the TV saying, "If this were Jimmy he would have told them you have two downs to run it in you X*#! Morons!"

:laugh:

sillycon

Reaction score
I chose number 1. It's definitely a catchable ball. The problem was that Dak threw a changeup to a guy who probably isn't that comfortable running and catching a ball like a receiver. Add to that being thrown a lollipop floater so it was difficult for him to adjust to it. Dak throws it on a line medium speed and it likely would have been caught.