Poll puts Dak at 15 for QBs

slick325

Reaction score
No big deal at all...who cares? If Prescott keeps improving and plays the way he did in 2016 consistently, then all the praise and high rankings will flow. This poll still doesn't put a dent in the overall lovefest that the media, analysts, opposing fans, opposing coaches/players, Cowboys coaches/players and Cowboys fans are showering Prescott with...

Just keep grindin' young man. Don't pay attention to the media good or bad.

waving monkey

Reaction score
For a QB with average (at best) talent and one year of experience (experience is by far the most valuable trait for a QB) to be ranked in the top half of the league already seems like a good deal to me.

I like rating a player honestly but saying Dak was average talent at best isn't going to make any NFL scout crew I cant assure you of that.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
None. But we have been spoiled though. I still remember there was optimism after Quincy Carter's rookie season that he could actually play.

As for the rankings, it is just designed to ignite chitter chatter. But Prescott is ranked higher than two other promising young players in Winston and Mariota after just 17 games, which is not that bad.

The biggest bone I have to pick with the rankings is the Flacco one. He is getting an awful lot of mileage out of a Super Bowl.
Yeah Carter might fit. I'm not sure anyone watched the 10% of his throws he managed to spiral and thought we got this. Outside of Jerry of course.

haleyrules

Reaction score
No big deal at all...who cares? If Prescott keeps improving and plays the way he did in 2016 consistently, then all the praise and high rankings will flow. This poll still doesn't put a dent in the overall lovefest that the media, analysts, opposing fans, opposing coaches/players, Cowboys coaches/players and Cowboys fans are showering Prescott with...

Just keep grindin' young man. Don't pay attention to the media good or bad.
Good post. If people listen to what others say about them...they wont amount to anything. Work and learn. Prescott seems dedicated to that. Thats so important.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My ranking
1.Brady....he won SB
2.Ryan.... he got to SB
3.Rodgers......he beat dak
4.Dak......13-3 low # of ints
5.Carr.....got hurt but had a good year. more than likely would have made champ game
Dak beat flacco and ben, but eli did win both games, so put him at #6
6. Eli

Reaction score
Honestly I think that is reasonable. Dak isn't this raw super talent. He's a hard worker that has made the most of a limited skill set.

2016 rankings among starting QBs

Yards: 19th
Completion percentage: 4th
Yards per attempt: 4th
Passing TDs: tied 15th
INT: tied for 2nd fewest
Passer rating: 3rd

Sorry, but just hard work doesn't get you those numbers. Dak is a very good QB. The only stats he's not top 5 in the league in are the exact ones you'd expect because this is a run heavy offense that scores a lot of rushing TDs. If you count his personal rushing TDs in his TD total then he's top 10 there too.

I personally don't care where some website ranks Dak, but if he has another season like last year then he'll be a consensus top 10 QB, if not top 5.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah I could care less about a random poll, I don't think in the history of polling I've ever come across one where a lot of folks didn't disagree lol. I'm only troubled by clowns in our fan base and this thread spewing nonsense like Dak has a limited skill set or avg at best.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I like rating a player honestly but saying Dak was average talent at best isn't going to make any NFL scout crew I cant assure you of that.
He has below average height, arm strength and isn't even especially fast. He struggles to complete passes downfield or complete any pass really that isn't a straight line throw to a wide open player. He's pretty much the dictionary definition of a fourth round, average talent.

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
My ranking
1.Brady....he won SB
2.Ryan.... he got to SB
3.Rodgers......he beat dak
4.Dak......13-3 low # of ints
5.Carr.....got hurt but had a good year. more than likely would have made champ game
Dak beat flacco and ben, but eli did win both games, so put him at #6
6. Eli

Technically A Rod beat the porous defense.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He has below average height, arm strength and isn't even especially fast. He struggles to complete passes downfield or complete any pass really that isn't a straight line throw to a wide open player. He's pretty much the dictionary definition of a fourth round, average talent.

Best rookie season by a qb. So what does a great talent at qb have for a rookie season? I'm guessing you'll say somewhere between 4,500-5,000 yds passing. QB rating around 120. Completion % higher than 70.

haleyrules

Reaction score
15!! Trade him to Cleveland for their 1 and 12 picks. Draft Myles and Watson, keep Romo and let's go!!!!
Am I serious, or not?
Your not! Crafty fox. Can't trade yesterday for tomorrow. Like Myles though. Cleveland ain't buying it!!