Poll: Rank Staubach's, Aikman's & Romo's Pro Bowler Teammates Collective Talent

How would you rank each QB's teammates combined talent from best-to-good per 'best' Pro Bowl year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cheyennes

Reaction score
Staubach, Larry Allen, Bob Lilly/Randy White
Emitt Smith/ Duane Thomas
Erick Williams the best OT vs the best rushers

kskboys

Reaction score
If Staubach hadn't run up against the juggernaut Steelers twice, if Landry had started Staubach over Morton in the ice bowl(Or at least let him play some), if Hegman doesn't knock the Ferragamo pass up in the air for a deflection TD, Staubach could/should have more super bowl victories.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Saints...
my bad.. you are right. And then Ricky Williams thought he was from Jamaica Mon... and wanted to spend more time with those funky cigarettes instead of playing... and Ill ask again, how did that work out for them Saints?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
1993 was flat-out loaded. If Jerry had simply been smart and signed Deion a year earlier, Cowboys roll to the three-peat in 1994 even with Switzer in charge.

At any rate, Aikman's team most stacked, then Staubby, then Romo.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
and how did that work out for Da Bears?
Not saying it easy a good trade (BTW that was when Ditka coached NO)... Just saying it was a huge trade....no one had ever traded their entire draft for one player.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I look at that 2007 team and go player for player vs the 1993 team.
This is not an exaggeration--almost not a single player is better. Witten > Novacek, maybe. An older (and inured late season) TO is not better than Michael Irvin.
Barber vs Emmitt Smith? Seriously.:lmao:

It's just not close if you look at the whole roster on both sides of the ball.
I'm I'm not even going to start with those 70s teams full of HOFers.
Ware > Haley

But yea I agree

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Counting pro bowlers in no way is a good measure of surrounding talent.
Bingo. It is always a question of the talent level of ALL players, working cohesively and executing offensively and defensive--along with special teams' play--BETTER than the other team, who are doing their best to win by negating what your team does best. This thread was created to entice an in-depth discussion of this particular conversation topic that has recently been made a point of emphasis.

The number of bodies, even bodies with special accolades, does not always equal the level of talent supposed represented BY the collective number of bodies ON the field. Subjective? Yes, but any difference in opinion is tied completely with each individual's comprehension and evaluation of said talent from an experiencing all-variables perspective.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think more people voting for Troy Aikman first, is because there are more people that remember that era
That is possible. Typically, people develop their allegiances for sports and certain sports teams at an early age, usually well before they have exited their teenage years.

I would theorize tabulating poll participants' ages could possibly offer a clearer understanding. It would be something interesting to investigate but I will not be volunteering myself for that task--not tonight at least. :p

kskboys

Reaction score
I think more people voting for Troy Aikman first, is because there are more people that remember that era
Have to disagree, Whirly. The Aikman team was simply frickin' stacked. That team had starter quality players for backups.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bingo. It is always a question of the talent level of ALL players, working cohesively and executing offensively and defensive--along with special teams' play--BETTER than the other team, who are doing their best to win by negating what your team does best. This thread was created to entice an in-depth discussion of this particular conversation topic that has recently been made a point of emphasis.

The number of bodies, even bodies with special accolades, does not always equal the level of talent supposed represented BY the collective number of bodies ON the field. Subjective? Yes, but any difference in opinion is tied completely with each individual's comprehension and evaluation of said talent from an experiencing all-variables perspective.
One of Romo's pro bowlers was Mike Jenkins, who was the 3rd alternate.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a thoughtful question that I hope player only fans of Aikman and Romo will not take offense.

"What if the Board of Selectors finally voted in those Staubach's pro bowl teammates whom they have barred from entering the Hall after all these years?"

o_O
Excellent question. I was wavering on making Staubach's crew as #1.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kevin Gogan and Jimmy Jones would've started on most teams, and they were backups on those 90 teams.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
List of Pro Bowlers

1978 Roger Staubach: Randy White, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Billy Joe DuPree, Tony Dorsett, Tony Hill, Thomas Henderson & Harvey Martin

1993 Troy Aikman: Emmitt Smith, Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Michael Irvin, Ken Norton, Thomas Everett, Daryl Johnston, Russell Maryland & Jay Novacek

2007 Tony Romo: DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten, Terrell Owens, Andre Gurode, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Marion Barber, Greg Ellis, Nick Folk, Ken Hamlin, Terence Newman & Roy Williams

Note: Poll option allows for changing of your vote at a later time.

Ah, yes, you yanks living in the past. Your past includes Romo 3 pix Sundays and pix-6 games. December fadeaways when we chose ---- CHOSE!! --- to go to the Antique Mart 1/3 off sale in stead of being devastated ATV a Romo Fest lose.
Staubach and Dandy and Don Aikman competed and brought in Super Bowl rings.
Next!!!!!!!
This is Dak's turn to shine!!!!!

Last edited: