Pollard and Eckler Tandem at RB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is a top 3 back in the league. Yes his new contract is high but it seems all positions are going to be higher than previous years with the market rate. I’d still take zeke over a tandem backfield

Its not just the backs. With the money you save you get more players.

Zeke

Or

Travis Frederick, Pollard, Ekeler

Easy choice there.

Creeper

Reaction score
Trading Zeke in 2020 will cause a cap hit of over $25 million, which is 2 1/2 times his cap hit if he stays on the roster. 2023 is the first year they can get out of the Zeke deal and that still created over $6 million in dead cap money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Patient, patient Roy (lol) .........2022. That our first OUT of Zeke's contract but guess what? It's also the year Pollard becomes an UFA. So we'll have to decide if we wanna pay him and let Zeke walk or keep Zeke and let him OR LET BOTH WALK.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-pollard-29176/

2022? So 3 more season including this one? OUCH!! That really is sad. And no chance there would be some team stupid enough to take him off our hands before that time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Trading Zeke in 2020 will cause a cap hit of over $25 million, which is 2 1/2 times his cap hit if he stays on the roster. 2023 is the first year they can get out of the Zeke deal and that still created over $6 million in dead cap money.

Thanks for the numbers. A sad situation indeed. The drunken fool would have to go for 2000 yards and 20 TD's each of the next 3 years to make that contract worth it. And not get suspended.

conner01

Reaction score
To get him you have to trade a pick
Then you have a very expensive 3rd RB
Is there a point to the thread?

conner01

Reaction score
2022? So 3 more season including this one? OUCH!! That really is sad. And no chance there would be some team stupid enough to take him off our hands before that time.
Actually that’s a very smart contract
Signing or not signing is one subject
But a top paying contract you can walk away from after 4 seasons for a relatively small cap hit is a very smart contract

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Its a good thing for everyone you don't decide what we talk about on here. Best part about all this is you don't have to partake in any thread you don't like.

But I look forward to you telling all the Dak haters for the next 7 years what a mistake his contract was after he signs it and they want to keep talking about it. LOL

You should stay very busy policing that.
In reality we are just fans, and while I agree with you, you may not realize it, but I have much better things to do with my life than waste time preaching about bad contracts to deaf ears.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing how you don't seem to have an issue with the 25 anti Dak threads on the main page? And they are all started from the same 10 people over and over again.
Good point. For once! Lol......just kidding. Don't go crazy on me. Salud!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Its not just the backs. With the money you save you get more players.

Zeke

Or

Travis Frederick, Pollard, Ekeler

Easy choice there.
With the cap going up yearly and almost 20 something million next year and added roster spot seems it’s a wash at times with these bloated contracts.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jerry's record has been very good as of late. However, the one HUGE mistake he's done was caving in to Ewok. We didn't need to pay him that much & should have let him walk. His days of rushing champion are finesto.

The first sign was when he took himself out. Like it or not, he's been declining. I'd take Pollard any day over Ewok. An NFL franchise doesn't need an average RB to win championships. Just ask Belichick.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I didn’t like him holding out, should have waited one more year. But he was at least a top player at his position when he got top pay. Also I don’t believe his cap hit is $15 million a year

Techsass

Reaction score
Sure, no problem. Eckler is a very good back and the combination of the two would be an incredible backfield. You can get good backs at 5 million a year. Don't need to waste money at the position paying ONE guy 15 million per year. Whether he is better or not.
I would also be very happy if Pollard turned out to be as good as Eckler. But who is better really isn't the point.; Money is the point.

I guess if you want me to minimize the point...…...Paying Zeke was a big mistake, we could get good backs for much cheaper that will get the job done with Pollard.
I thought Zeke's deal was closer to a $12m average with the $15 coming near the end of it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Zeke will be the 4th highest paid running back when the CBA is signed. He was a bargain and an all pro talent. Great draft pick. It’s not his fault Jerry is cheap and did not want to pay for defensive free agents.

The CBA doesn't have anything to do with ranking the highest paid player at any position. It's the actual contracts that decide that.Unless you think 3 RB;s are going sign bigger contracts that Elliott, he will st6ill be the highest paid running back.