Pollard and Eckler Tandem at RB

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The CBA doesn't have anything to do with ranking the highest paid player at any position. It's the actual contracts that decide that.Unless you think 3 RB;s are going sign bigger contracts that Elliott, he will st6ill be the highest paid running back.[/QUOTE

McCaffery, Henry, and Kamara say hi.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3rrrt9.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First off...I question anyone's fandom who calls him "Ewok". Secondly his yards or lack thereof is more of a credit to his sorry coaching staff and not his talent.

And even then.....since Zeke has been in the league in 2016 how many guys have been in the top 5 with him every year? BecauseI can tell you righit now it sure as hell ain't Henry, Chubb and McCaffery were in College and it wasn't Carson. So when he came in to the league and Leveon Bell and Johnson from the Cardinals were considered the best running backs in the league where did they go? Where's Saquon? Where's Gurley? Zeke is consistently there.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
They shouldn't have even drafted Zeke in 2016. That was the first mistake.

A big mistake drafting a back that led ALL backs in the ENTIRE league 2 out of his first 3 years. I just can't figure out how to justify that. Oh wait that's you.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would take that tandem all day long. Eckler just signed a 4 years deal at about 5 million per year. Him and pollard would be an incredible duo not costing us more than 6 million. Free up another 9 million from the RB position.

tenor.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually that’s a very smart contract
Signing or not signing is one subject
But a top paying contract you can walk away from after 4 seasons for a relatively small cap hit is a very smart contract

Nothing smart about signing Zeke to 15 million per year for at least 3 years.

Smart would have been trading him for a draft haul before you did that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In reality we are just fans, and while I agree with you, you may not realize it, but I have much better things to do with my life than waste time preaching about bad contracts to deaf ears.

And what better things is that? Complaining about people complaining about bad contracts? I see that as one level lower on the complaining scale.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No Zeke in 2016 would mean no one would know who Dak is. No way he has rookie sucess without Zeke.

Not as much. How much success does Zeke have without that great Oline? Without Dak? Its all relative.

joseephuss

Reaction score
First off...I question anyone's fandom who calls him "Ewok". Secondly his yards or lack thereof is more of a credit to his sorry coaching staff and not his talent.

And even then.....since Zeke has been in the league in 2016 how many guys have been in the top 5 with him every year? BecauseI can tell you righit now it sure as hell ain't Henry, Chubb and McCaffery were in College and it wasn't Carson. So when he came in to the league and Leveon Bell and Johnson from the Cardinals were considered the best running backs in the league where did they go? Where's Saquon? Where's Gurley? Zeke is consistently there.

A big mistake drafting a back that led ALL backs in the ENTIRE league 2 out of his first 3 years. I just can't figure out how to justify that. Oh wait that's you.

Good points. He has finished 2nd in yards from scrimmage in 3 of his 4 seasons. That is a very high level of consistency. This was his so called down year and he finished 2nd in yards from scrimmage.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I would take that tandem all day long. Eckler just signed a 4 years deal at about 5 million per year. Him and pollard would be an incredible duo not costing us more than 6 million. Free up another 9 million from the RB position.

We'd lose 15 mill in cap space but moving Zeke.

/thread

cowboyec

Reaction score
i loved the Tony Dorsett/Timmy Newsome backfield to.
...Herschel/Newsome was awesome also.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And even then.....since Zeke has been in the league in 2016 how many guys have been in the top 5 with him every year? Because I can tell you righit now it sure as hell ain't Henry, Chubb and McCaffery were in College and it wasn't Carson. So when he came in to the league and Leveon Bell and Johnson from the Cardinals were considered the best running backs in the league where did they go? Where's Saquon? Where's Gurley? Zeke is consistently there.
Good job sir. Totally nailed it! :hammer: