News: Pollard disagrees with RB coach on maximum snap count

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pollard said he was done. It was clearly heard. Just listen to sounds from the sidelines for that game.
He may have said that, but I didn't hear it. I did hear him telling someone his legs were tired and he felt like he was running slow in the TD run.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love how some fans refuse to admit that TP said he was joking…

Like he’s completely incapable of carrying the ball 18 times instead 15.
I think it's more about how many yards he runs than how many times he runs. He put up a lot of yardage against the Bears, and played snaps he was carrying the ball on too.
He can probably carry it 20 or more times a game, but then how's he gonna be come playoff time?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m shocked…I thought TP couldn’t handle 15 carries a game and is too tired to play more?

He was gassed on that last carry against the Bears and said he had nothing left to give. He ran out of gas on the long run. Those are things that he noted, not things others said about him. How else are we supposed to interpret them?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Was that posted here? I must have missed it.
You can find it on DallasCowboys.com..

Clearly Pollard's agent whispered in his ear to come out and refute what he told Peete AND what he said on mic to his teammates. The good news for the Cowboys is that true or false this "he can't handle more than 30 snaps" thing is clearly going to soften the market for him in the spring which in turn increases their chances to re-sign him. A win for everybody.. So Pollard only gets 5-7 million a year and not 8-10 million a year.. I think he'll be alright.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I love how some fans refuse to admit that TP said he was joking…

Like he’s completely incapable of carrying the ball 18 times instead 15.

Oh I have no doubt that he could tote it 20-25 times in a game.. Once or twice.. but it's not something he could do week in and week out. Fortunately for us (and him) he isn't likely to ever have to.. at least not in Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pollard said he was done. It was clearly heard. Just listen to sounds from the sidelines for that game.

And it's not a big deal. It was near the end of the game and meant that he gave it all he had. Just shows how tough it is to keep the same level of intensity throughout a game. Pollard's game is built around his speed, so if you get into his legs, it cuts down on his effectiveness. Thankfully, he had enough left to complete that long run, but not sure he would have outrun the defender on the long TD if he had not had a blocker running interference. Sharing the load makes him more effective, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
You can find it on DallasCowboys.com..

Clearly Pollard's agent whispered in his ear to come out and refute what he told Peete AND what he said on mic to his teammates. The good news for the Cowboys is that true or false this "he can't handle more than 30 snaps" thing is clearly going to soften the market for him in the spring which in turn increases their chances to re-sign him. A win for everybody.. So Pollard only gets 5-7 million a year and not 8-10 million a year.. I think he'll be alright.
Pollard has earned a raise but not a promotion

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He may have said that, but I didn't hear it. I did hear him telling someone his legs were tired and he felt like he was running slow in the TD run.

If not for McKeon's block #9 was going to catch him. It's what I always talk about.. long runs seldom happen without good downfield blocking because NFL DBs are faster than NFL RBs. That's just a fact of life. What Pollard said on that video was that "my legs were so tired and heavy.." Anybody who has ever experienced having "the bear" jump on your back as a runner knows exactly what he was talking about. And no, it's not something that will go away in 5-10 minutes. He was spent.. By the end of that 54 yarder he was barely picking up his feet. Look at the difference in his stride length from the start of that run to the end. That my friends is what we sprinters call "the bear."

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What happens when Ollison comes in on Sunday and takes over.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Oh I have no doubt that he could tote it 20-25 times in a game.. Once or twice.. but it's not something he could do week in and week out. Fortunately for us (and him) he isn't likely to ever have to.. at least not in Dallas.
How many NFL backs can carry the ball 20-25 times a game for 17 games?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How many NFL backs can carry the ball 20-25 times a game for 17 games?

There aren't many.. which is why it's so important to capitalize on it when you have one. The Cowboys drafted one in 2016 but only used him properly for three years and have been wandering in the wilderness ever since. I'm not sure Zeke can still do it frankly.. but he's far better suited for it than Pollard. If you can pair a back like that with a top level passing attack like the Cowboys potentially have you have an offense that is just plain lethal.