News: Pollard disagrees with RB coach on maximum snap count

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The team tries to keep these type of organizational issues secret, so if something like this makes it to the public, you KNOW we are only hearing a tenth of what's actually happening in the locker room.

Zeke's ego won't let him admit his best days are behind him, so his rb coaches walking on eggshells and at expense of TP.

Whenever a dam breaks, it always starts with a small crack.

Sheesh, I can't believe we used the freaking #4 overall pick on a running back... great use of resources.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"featured back" means something totally different in today's NFL.. zeke could literally be ES22 in that type of offense, pollard can not no way no how.. however, in today's nfl that just means using 2-3 RBS, but one gets 4-5 more snaps. sure Pollard could do that 15 snaps maybe 17 and use zeke close to the same amount 12-15

Yet is Zeke the last two years that has a gotten hurt and cant even handle a time share load. Too old and to beaten down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There aren't many.. which is why it's so important to capitalize on it when you have one. The Cowboys drafted one in 2016 but only used him properly for three years and have been wandering in the wilderness ever since. I'm not sure Zeke can still do it frankly.. but he's far better suited for it than Pollard. If you can pair a back like that with a top level passing attack like the Cowboys potentially have you have an offense that is just plain lethal.

We dont have one. Zeke cant even handle half a load anymore. Got injured two years running with less carries.

Who cares if a RB can handle 25 carries a game if he can barely run for 4.0 ypc?

LOL........so an offense with Zeke carrying a full load is LETHAL? :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Do you even watch the Cowboys anymore? :lmao2::lmao::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The team tries to keep these type of organizational issues secret, so if something like this makes it to the public, you KNOW we are only hearing a tenth of what's actually happening in the locker room.

Zeke's ego won't let him admit his best days are behind him, so his rb coaches walking on eggshells and at expense of TP.

Sheesh, I can't believe we used the freaking #4 overall pick on a running back... great use of resources.

Yah, the fact that the RB coach has to stick up for Zeke and make Pollard look bad in the process tells you all you need to know about Zeke's pint size ego. I bet its like managing a child.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Damage control, engage.

Right? I said in the other thread that Pollard and his agent should be pissed at Skip for putting that report in print. Don't know if it was ordered by Cowboys brass to keep Pollard's market price down or what but you don't repeat stuff like that to the press especially in a man's contract year.

Xeven

Reaction score
Here is truth, Zeke has a role to play here on this team, a big role, so does Tony. Tony however is the more explosive back and will put more points on the score board and more first downs if given the opportunity.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He was gassed on that last carry against the Bears and said he had nothing left to give. He ran out of gas on the long run. Those are things that he noted, not things others said about him. How else are we supposed to interpret them?

Because Pollard literally had an interview after saying he was joking and would’ve been able to keep going if needed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

WHat are you talking about? The coaches "need to defend zeke's fragile ego"?

You know Zeke thogths and feelings here? When did he ever say such a thing?

Just making stuff up. Like a hater might do.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh I have no doubt that he could tote it 20-25 times in a game.. Once or twice.. but it's not something he could do week in and week out. Fortunately for us (and him) he isn't likely to ever have to.. at least not in Dallas.
That's what I've been saying too. Sure, he could get more carries and be alright, for now. But it'd probably lessen his effectiveness in the playoffs.

On the flip side, he got a lot of yardage out of the carries he had against Chicago. If he got fewer yards, he probably would have been less tired. But then, what's the point of forcing more carries on him?

15ish sounds just about right to me...or should we keep feeding him until he gets at least 100-120 yards?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Oh I have no doubt that he could tote it 20-25 times in a game.. Once or twice.. but it's not something he could do week in and week out. Fortunately for us (and him) he isn't likely to ever have to.. at least not in Dallas.

Right, because Zeke’s been doing that.

Get your brain outta 2016 Ronald.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think fans of here don't voice these same opinions on social media lil Stevie?
If what anyone says on "social media" effects the team locker room....we have one WEAK MOTHERFING team.

The locker rooms are usually pretty tight. Nothing goes out, nothing comes in. Unless coaches say so like the other team talking trash is board material.

I love it that people here think so very highly of themselves they cause other forum members conniption fits...and can change locker rooms. Such hubris and ego wow. Internet keyboard warriors!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If what anyone says on "social media" effects the team locker room....we have one WEAK MOTHERFING team.

The locker rooms are usually pretty tight. Nothing goes out, nothing comes in. Unless coaches say so like the other team talking trash is board material.

I love it that people here think so very highly of themselves they cause other forum members conniption fits...and can change locker rooms. Such hubris and ego wow. Internet keyboard warriors!
Forums are no different from Twitter