Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And the point is...……..???

Point is I would do a RB by committee and not pay ANY back big money. So being durable and having the ability to carry the ball 350 times in a season isnt needed. Give me 2 or 3 Pollards and I am great with that. And this way if your drunk RB gets suspended or injured you dont have all your eggs in one basket. Makes sense from just about every angle.

It ONLY doesnt make sense to the fans that get their jollies off of bragging about rushing titles.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And the point is...……..???

Here is a better illustration of my point:

Team Gms Yds/G
Ravens Baltimore 206.0
49ers San Francisco 144.1
Titans Tennessee 138.9
Seahawks Seattle 137.5

These were the top 4 rushing teams in 2019 per game average. The ONLY team that had a top 5 back was the Titans and Henry. Its very clear that you dont need a top 5 back to have a great run game.

Cowboys were 5th by the way behind Seattle.

kskboys

Reaction score

Team Gms Yds/G
Ravens Baltimore 206.0
Titans Tennessee 138.9
Seahawks Seattle 137.5

These were the top 4 rushing teams in 2019 per game average. The ONLY team that had a top 5 back was the Titans and Henry. Its very clear that you dont need a top 5 back to have a great run game.

Carson was 4th in the league in rushing when he suffered a season ending hip injury in week 16. So, SEA had a top 5 back for most of the season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Carson was 4th in the league in rushing when he suffered a season ending hip injury in week 16. So, SEA had a top 5 back for most of the season.

yah, but he isn't a top 5 back per say year in and year out. Like Zeke, he gets lots of touches. They are also big in rushing because of the QB. As is the Ravens.

Cmac

Reaction score

Team Gms Yds/G
Ravens Baltimore 206.0
Titans Tennessee 138.9
Seahawks Seattle 137.5

Cmac

Reaction score

Team Gms Yds/G
Ravens Baltimore 206.0
Titans Tennessee 138.9
Seahawks Seattle 137.5

I thought the posts were about Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke......and Pollard's durability as an every down back??? Now we should blame pass-happy Kellen, the OC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
first off who you talkigto and how did SEA get in this convo?

thats the issue is it not? Carsons been hurt before, as has cook, gurley, Kamara , the back in Washington, Barkley now, started having more issues the more they gave him the ball, and many others.. even pollard missed agame with an ankle.. 4 years zekes missed zero games due to injury and leads all backs since 2016 in carries, yards, and is second in rushing tds..

a bell cow has to be that way..be tough, durable, block, and also catch passes,, thats Zeke ..its why hes #1 and pollard is two..

kskboys

Reaction score
yah, but he isn't a top 5 back per say year in and year out. Like Zeke, he gets lots of touches. They are also big in rushing because of the QB. As is the Ravens.
Ingram was a 1,000 yd rusher for Ravens. I'm going to have to say this point wasn't made. Happens.

kskboys

Reaction score
first off who you talkigto and how did SEA get in this convo?

thats the issue is it not? Carsons been hurt before, as has cook, gurley, Kamara , the back in Washington, Barkley now, started having more issues the more they gave him the ball, and many others.. even pollard missed agame with an ankle.. 4 years zekes missed zero games due to injury and leads all backs since 2016 in carries, yards, and is second in rushing tds..

a bell cow has to be that way..be tough, durable, block, and also catch passes,, thats Zeke ..its why hes #1 and pollard is two..
It wasn't clear w/ a simple evaluation of who I quoted? I'm thinking you're drunk. Only explanation that makes sense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ingram was a 1,000 yd rusher for Ravens. I'm going to have to say this point wasn't made. Happens.

I dont think you actually understand the point. You keep commenting like you dont know it.

Ingram is, and his 1000 yards are actually a prefect example that underlines my point. Ingram is getting paid 5 million per season and he works in a shared backfield. HE is the main RB in there, but there are other guys that get carries as well as the QB. IT was the same way in New Orleans. I had Ingram the last two years in fantasy so I have watched him and the ravens nearly every game. Ingram is a top 15 back, but he's not top 5 and never has been.

Now I have no doubt that given 300 carries one year for the Ravens he might be able to win a rushing title. But then again, that fact or that event would only bolster my point again.

kskboys

Reaction score
Had 1151 in 18.

Basically, you weren't correct in this one.

kskboys

Reaction score
I dont think you actually understand the point. You keep commenting like you dont know it.

Ingram is, and his 1000 yards are actually a prefect example that underlines my point. Ingram is getting paid 5 million per season and he works in a shared backfield. HE is the main RB in there, but there are other guys that get carries as well as the QB. IT was the same way in New Orleans. I had Ingram the last two years in fantasy so I have watched him and the ravens nearly every game. Ingram is a top 15 back, but he's not top 5 and never has been.

Now I have no doubt that given 300 carries one year for the Ravens he might be able to win a rushing title. But then again, that fact or that event would only bolster my point again.
We both agree and we don't.

I would never have paid Zeke. MAAAAAAAYYYYYBBBEEEE if he wasn't a drunk idiot.

However, RB's who can pick up the tough yards and burn clock are extremely valuable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Had 1151 in 18.

Basically, you weren't correct in this one.

In a committee backfield with Kamara who had 1600 yards combined and 18 total TD's

Any other examples you want to give that bolster my point and show that you still cant grasp the point?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We both agree and we don't.

I would never have paid Zeke. MAAAAAAAYYYYYBBBEEEE if he wasn't a drunk idiot.

However, RB's who can pick up the tough yards and burn clock are extremely valuable.

RB's who can pick up the tough yards and burn clock are extremely valuable

This was never the point.

I agree they are valuable. Give me a couple of them instead of one. And no I dont need some 15 million dollar, 350 carry workhorse.

In fact, Pollard and Ingram and another solid back would be a perfect combination. And I would be paying about 6 or 7 million for that instead of 15 million. And every bit as effective.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Point is I would do a RB by committee and not pay ANY back big money. So being durable and having the ability to carry the ball 350 times in a season isnt needed. Give me 2 or 3 Pollards and I am great with that. And this way if your drunk RB gets suspended or injured you dont have all your eggs in one basket. Makes sense from just about every angle.

It ONLY doesnt make sense to the fans that get their jollies off of bragging about rushing titles.
True, and rushing titles should be based on yds per carry avg, not just total rushing yds.
Then you have to also look at total yds which would include pass catching, as some backs get a lot there too.

Also back in the day when they played 12 games and maybe before that 10 games, getting 1000 yds meant the guy was good.
because he was averaging 100 yds per game.
But then they played 14 games, and now 16 games, and soon 17 games and people still talk about 1000 yd season like it is a good thing lol.
Right now an elite rb should get 1600 yds a season, and soon 1700 yds a season.

When OJ went over 2000 yds , they played 14 games, that would be 142.8 per game avg, which is pretty impressive.
I wonder did dickerson do it in 16 game season?
Elliot had 1600 + in 2016 , but that was the only season , he was in good condition back then, but the drinking and partying,
and lack of work ethic, big ego, have all led to a guy who isnt going to come close to 1600 rushing yds, and has to come out
of games to catch his breath lol which really is a joke,

Pollard is younger , in shape , and faster, no way to know about how durable he is.
And they paid elliot too much, it would be better to just go with younger cheaper backs who will stay in shape.

blueblood70

Reaction score
True, and rushing titles should be based on yds per carry avg, not just total rushing yds.
Then you have to also look at total yds which would include pass catching, as some backs get a lot there too.

Also back in the day when they played 12 games and maybe before that 10 games, getting 1000 yds meant the guy was good.
because he was averaging 100 yds per game.
But then they played 14 games, and now 16 games, and soon 17 games and people still talk about 1000 yd season like it is a good thing lol.
Right now an elite rb should get 1600 yds a season, and soon 1700 yds a season.

When OJ went over 2000 yds , they played 14 games, that would be 142.8 per game avg, which is pretty impressive.
I wonder did dickerson do it in 16 game season?
Elliot had 1600 + in 2016 , but that was the only season , he was in good condition back then, but the drinking and partying,
and lack of work ethic, big ego, have all led to a guy who isnt going to come close to 1600 rushing yds, and has to come out
of games to catch his breath lol which really is a joke,

Pollard is younger , in shape , and faster, no way to know about how durable he is.
And they paid elliot too much, it would be better to just go with younger cheaper backs who will stay in shape.
How? no way this can happen!

so what a RB with 100 carries and a 7YPC wins it LMAO or hand it to the QBs who average 9YPC or the occasional WR who runs for a high average.. NO a 3 down back earns his bell cow status by being on the field to run, block, and catch passes all the while being available whenever the coaches call on him.. Pollard hardly carried the ball and missed game due to an ankle and Zeke going on 5 years not one game missed due to injury but god for bid he gets winded or dinged and taps out for ONE PLAY here or there..Dudes on the field more then any back in the NFL, hes out of shape, though, I mean being the most used back in the nfl, not sure how player out of shape fat and slow can be both?

..is ES HOF record as #1 of all time based on YPC? no its not never will be..most of the time the back with the most yards also is top 3 in YPC but sometimes #1 or lower depends on a lot of factors..ES yearly YPOC avg is nearly identical as zekes their first four years I the nfl..

change it now why because your hate for zeke somehow now needs the NFL to rework 100Yrs of choosing a Rushing champion?

oh lets further push your narrative that back whos lead the league in carries is out of shape? how can that be , he also stays upright ie durable but that doesnt count? the trollism is ridiculously obvious with some of you..Zeke is one of the most productive backs in the league, leads on almost all category's even 2nd in rushing TDs even with the narrative of bad coaching and bad play calling, inconsistency's all over the offense but in 2017 if not for the suspension im betting another rushing title and he did lead the league in YPG, he gives the DC an average of about 1800 all purpose yards and double digit tds no matter the circumstance. Zeke also led the league last season in first half yards, the play calling abandon the run far too much way too soon and let Dak fail in the process..

get passed the thinking hes washed up, too slow and out of shape..all BS...that was said of Emmitt coming into the nfl and his entire career he was not looked at as a home run hitter nor a splash guy, the steady durable RBs are the more valuable..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
so what a RB with 100 carries and a 7YPC wins it LMAO
there would be a consideration for # of carries, lol I would not compare a 100 carry guy to
a 300 carry guy.
Top 10 with most carrys, then see what their avg is.
Elliot hasnt been in good shape since 2016. If he was he would be a lot better than he has been.
Also E has been in 3 playoff games, and was held under 100 in 2 of the games , both div round games, and I dont put all the blame on E for that, but it shows he doesnt really show up in playoff games or hasnt to date. he did good against Seattle in the wc game but that is it.
But it wasnt all his fault it was coaching and blocking schemes too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
there would be a consideration for # of carries, lol I would not compare a 100 carry guy to
a 300 carry guy.
Top 10 with most carrys, then see what their avg is.
Elliot hasnt been in good shape since 2016. If he was he would be a lot better than he has been.
Also E has been in 3 playoff games, and was held under 100 in 2 of the games , both div round games, and I dont put all the blame on E for that, but it shows he doesnt really show up in playoff games or hasnt to date. he did good against Seattle in the wc game but that is it.
But it wasnt all his fault it was coaching and blocking schemes too.
disagree as does the nfl...next

out of shape zeke looks like Emmitt Smith, keep trying.

you lose, hes under a large contract and our #1 RB, WONT LOSE OUT TO POLLARD AS YOU HOPE..

pull for your star runner and stop wasting energy on something that you can not change...

BYE TROLL:popcorn::oldcouple: